Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102299 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »

How did you arrive at 'what type' and what gave you that idea? I was signifying the qualities of who the person is.
The qualities of a player equate to the 'type' of player they are, so the two are interchangeable. Your word salad at the head of your answer paraphrased the question into something you could answer vaguely, and that you did. At first. You could very well have said Toaster and IronyOwl in the first place, but your answer seemed so guarded, it looked to me as if you had something to hide.

If you saw, that was an answer to Shakerag. And 'initial reaction'? If you wanted to glean info from that one, why are you beating around the bush to offer me another one? All I said there was that it would be biased as I don't know the playstyles of nearly half the other players here. Hence, question list.

Oh, and I did ask the rest, thank you very much. Their respective questions were just not part of that single post you mentioned there. The huge list? That one.

To humor you as I've already given my picks: Toaster and Native Foreigner, as I've seen their playstyles before while reading the other Mafias, with Native Foreigner being mostly not the one he is acting now. And more on Toaster, he was the BM Scum tutor who I've learnt a lot from in my days as scum, and he plays a damned well town game.
My argument did not take the context so much into account, so it makes sense now that you've explained it, and most of it does not even apply anymore. But to be clear:
You were looking to read into others' playstyles from answers to RVS questions?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2012, 01:42:22 pm »

Yes, basically. Even the simplest of answers can be used as a lead and a tell, even though shaky, it still functions as a clue.

Um, PFP. I may still be online for a few, but working on a project while occasionally checking here for updates.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2012, 01:59:33 pm »

EBWOP:
Flandre is also not Think. She has no way of defending whatever Think did in the past.
So, my theory is that you're scum for voting for Flandre for absolutely zero reasons. Care to refute it?
You seem awfully interested in upholding the glorious name that is Flandre, who could do no wrong despite what bad old Think did in the past.
This is interesting.  I can definitely see that as Orangebottle slipping with Think (since they're now Flandre), and he doesn't understand his error.

Yes, basically. Even the simplest of answers can be used as a lead and a tell, even though shaky, it still functions as a clue.
I've said this in other games before, it not very convincing I think.  These "shaky leads and tells" don't really work when people vote each other for much more solid reasons that shouldn't involve a silly RVS.  When I see people getting lynched seriously for something in RVS it's either crappy town or the most obvscum ever.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2012, 02:13:36 pm »

PFP:  Re-read finished; Dariush gets my vote. 

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2012, 03:18:23 pm »

This sounds good, but in practice (like Toonyman said), it doesn't quite play out this way. I might not be making much sense, but it feels like the caption of a misleading propaganda poster that appeals to the town.
If your answered mentioned something along the lines of 'increasing activity', I would believe you.
As I know them, RVS questions are a tool used for thread activity. Once the actual nitpicking is done and meaningful argument starts taking place, then it is possible to read into playstyles.
But you were probably already aware of those details--reverse engineer that logic back up to the long list of RVS questions (including those asked in separate posts), and you have evenly questioned everyone in the thread, pressured no one, and looked like a paragon townie in the process!
Using Shakerag's question as license to mass-RVS reeks more of personal agenda then actual scumhunting, and I am not removing my vote.

Shakerag:
Could this have waited until you were in a position to post, or were you afraid that the day would end without you getting a word in? We'll need more than this to be satisfied.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2012, 03:38:46 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Darvi: IronyOwl
Dariush: Shakerag, ToonyMan
NativeForeigner: Tiruin
Orangebottle: Toaster
Flandre: zombie urist
Tiruin: Darvi, Flandre
ToonyMan: Dariush
zombie urist: Orangebottle, Urist Imiknorris

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2012, 03:59:04 pm »

Native:  Why aren't you voting anyone?   For someone who purports to be being helpful, you should be.

I haven't decided who I think is most likely scum yet.

Tiruin: Why are you ignoring me?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2012, 04:21:59 pm »

Toony: My vote remains on zombie urist because of his persistent attack on Flandre for Think's actions. He's also a lot more certain of Flandre's scumhood than his case on Think warrants. Before that it was just a pressure vote.

Powder Miner: Post.

Shakerag: You tied the vote. Why did you tie the vote.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2012, 04:36:00 pm »

Shakerag:
Could this have waited until you were in a position to post, or were you afraid that the day would end without you getting a word in? We'll need more than this to be satisfied.

Wanted to make sure I got it in before day end.  Didn't know how busy I'd be later. 

Basically, he's acting fairly passive and responded poorly to Toony's line of questioning in my opinion.  If he were not scum, he'd shrug off what Toony was saying, not OMGUS him. 

Shakerag: You tied the vote. Why did you tie the vote.

I voted who I thought was scum.  I didn't bother to count votes before that.  Since I really don't want to change my vote, and there are no more extensions, it's shit or get off the pot time for everyone. 

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2012, 04:54:26 pm »

Toony:
Well, I think it's better to have a reason for voting someone than to just "get it out of the way".
As for nulltells, since I only really have two from active-er people I think it's okay for the game.  I wanted to point it out at least.
So you don't care that you have a few people that are nulltells? That's alarming. Possibly even scummy. Why don't you take your time between posting your tiny little two/one-line posts and actually, I don't know, ask these people some questions? All I see you doing right now is answering questions and poking lurkers.
Ah well, what I mean by that is I think it's better to actively attack people you think are being scummy and ones who aren't can keep doing what they're doing.  If I don't see anything wrong with a player there's nothing to ask is there?  I would be "making shit up" which I would never do.
While that's true, you should also be trying to get a semi-solid read on the people you're unsure of.

It looks like you're not actively attacking anyone. Sure, you're voting Dariush. You can scumhunt while voting Dariush.

Orangebottle:
Urist: I wasn't aware that it was possible to be passive in RVS.

This statement is nonsense- please explain it.
It seems pretty simple to me.
Urist accused Flandre of being passive right after her first post, while we were still in RVS. I did not think it was possible. I then asked for him to tell me how she was being passive. End statement.

EBWOP:
Flandre is also not Think. She has no way of defending whatever Think did in the past.

So, my theory is that you're scum for voting for Flandre for absolutely zero reasons. Care to refute it?

You seem awfully interested in upholding the glorious name that is Flandre, who could do no wrong despite what bad old Think did in the past.
Of course, Flandre is perfect and infallible in ever-
Oh, wait.
Flandre:
Zombie's right. Why aren't you voting?
I just think it's ridiculous that he's attacking her for things that her predecessor did. Something like that would only be justified when the predecessor was pretty damn scummy.

Imiknorris: Why were you only bothered by a vote tying everything up when Shakerag did it, and not when Flandre did it?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2012, 05:13:44 pm »

I'm going to unvote for now because I will be in classes when the day ends and I don't want a tie.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2012, 05:16:00 pm »

Err wait Tiruin and zombie urist still are tied.  I don't have the time for this...

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2012, 05:56:07 pm »

I can't speak for Think, but I can only guess that he was whining half-sarcastically about not getting acknowledged because he wanted material to pry at. It's interesting, but not malicious.
It's interesting, it's scummy. I never asked for you to try and explain his behavior. The fact that you did anyways is also 'interesting.'
How is it interesting?
It's scummy. See below.

Flandre:
I scumhunt best once I find something worth mentioning. As for being passive, I did not even think I had time to give that impression.
This is passive. How are you going to find something if you don't scumhunt?
Scumhunting is more than just searching for fishy comments. Following through on a lead is just as important, and that was what I was referring to.
You haven't seemed to be working to get any leads.

You're confidence seemed rooted in your mafia history here on these boards (all three as scum), and you used RL Mafia as an excuse to pardon yourself. Scapegoat.
I don't think you understand what scapegoating is. I never said that my confidence was based on forum mafia.
Okay, I can agree with my misuse of the term 'scapegoat', but there is a difference between saying and implying. Confidence is not unfounded, and we know for a fact that you have been with us for a while as scum.
As I've said earlier, my confidence is based in RL mafia, not forum mafia.

Notice that I didn't even say that I suspected you--only that I wasn't convinced. Stronger than a vague statement, and weaker than an FoS. Your answer was fine, and I agree that only time will tell.
Don't know what you mean here.
It seemed to me at the time that you were blowing up my disbelief into an affront on your town-ness, because you voted for me in the same post as your response. You did not state this as a reason for your vote, but I wasn't so sure.
I voted you because Think was scummy. My vote remains on you because you are scummy. I've stated my reasons before.

I can't speak for Think, but I can only guess that he was whining half-sarcastically about not getting acknowledged because he wanted material to pry at. It's interesting, but not malicious.
It's interesting, it's scummy. I never asked for you to try and explain his behavior. The fact that you did anyways is also 'interesting.'
Right. So completely ignoring what my predecessor did would not be even more 'interesting'? Look at what you are saying. I have nothing to hide on his behalf and by extension, mine.
Ignoring your predecessor would not be scummy. No one replaces in and starts justifying the replacee's actions. The fact that you did suggests you in fact do have something to hide.

But where are Toaster, Native Foreigner, Think, and Bookthras?
I can speak for myself, so I'll give you a narrower version of the same question that you so nervously answered:
Between Darvi, Native Foreigner, and Toaster, which two would you prefer as scumbuddies, Tiruin?
Its funny how you don't include yourself in that list.

Toony: My vote remains on zombie urist because of his persistent attack on Flandre for Think's actions. He's also a lot more certain of Flandre's scumhood than his case on Think warrants. Before that it was just a pressure vote.
I am not attacking Flandre for Think's actions. While it's true that that was what I initially based my vote on Think, I am keeping my vote on Flandre because of her actions and posts.

Flandre:
Zombie's right. Why aren't you voting?
I just think it's ridiculous that he's attacking her for things that her predecessor did. Something like that would only be justified when the predecessor was pretty damn scummy.
Orangebottle, why did you feel the need to repeat the question I asked? If I think Think was scum, why shouldn't I vote his replacement? At the time, Think was the scummiest person to me.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2012, 06:42:43 pm »

Okay so I get back early (by chance) and not even a tie-breaker vote?  For shame.  I'm will vote Tiruin because I don't like the people voting zombie urist and I think he's getting scapegoated.  This was a somewhat difficult choice but out of the two I think I'm making the better decision here.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2012, 09:11:00 pm »

Orangebottle, why did you feel the need to repeat the question I asked?
Because I agreed with it and felt like it needed to be emphasized. Why are you just asking this now?
If I think Think was scum, why shouldn't I vote his replacement? At the time, Think was the scummiest person to me.
Because Flandre is not Think. While they share a role, there could be any number of reasons as to why Think was acting scummy before he asked for a replacement(including the possibility that he was scum). Whatever it was, it was enough for him to ask for a replacement. Thus, Flandre shouldn't be judged by Think's actions, but by her own.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32