Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 100263 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 3 - 2 Replacements needed!
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »

That is, if your crappy survivor claim failed, which it did.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2012, 06:26:11 pm »

Zombie Urist:
No because wolves kill. Vampires act as cult and are more likely to be changer. Also two vigs in a game would be kinda broken.
Wolves aren't a cult, vampires are and there's only one vig. You sure seem certain you know a lot about this game. Why is that?
I never said wolves are a cult. I also never said that there's only 1 vig, but second vig is unlikely because it's unbalanced and there have been only 1 kill per night so far.

I'm withholding my N1 result to see if that player fakeclaims. I was debating between you, Shakerag, and Dariush as targets. I ultimately chose you because I felt that you were harder to read than the others.
Oh this is rich. Are you saying both a claimed inspector and his target are gonna last until LYLO, or that there's some reason they'll be claiming shortly?
No.

See above. He's correct that I'm a killer, though.
I'm terrified of vigs. Can we kill IronyOwl now?
Stop twisting my words.

Fuck ZU, I want answers. Why were there only one kill on N1 and N2?
Why would there be more than 1 kill?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 01, 2012, 07:44:27 pm »

Irony: Don't you think it's a little unlikely that there were two vigilantes? If what you're saying is true, why did you !none both nights?

Powder: Is the fact that Toaster mentioned "Lone" Vampire instead of just "Vampire" the only reason you don't buy his claim?

Zombie: What makes you think your N1 target will claim at all? Is there a particular reason you're on the lookout for a falseclaim?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 01, 2012, 09:11:04 pm »

Zombie Urist:
Zombie Urist:
No because wolves kill. Vampires act as cult and are more likely to be changer. Also two vigs in a game would be kinda broken.
Wolves aren't a cult, vampires are and there's only one vig. You sure seem certain you know a lot about this game. Why is that?
I never said wolves are a cult. I also never said that there's only 1 vig, but second vig is unlikely because it's unbalanced and there have been only 1 kill per night so far.
I know, you said they definitively weren't, and that vampires definitively were. Now you're saying, sure, there might be more than one vig, but it'd definitely be unbalanced so there's no reason for it. That's three separate, definitive claims you shouldn't have any way of knowing, and in the last case have no interest in finding out.

I'm withholding my N1 result to see if that player fakeclaims. I was debating between you, Shakerag, and Dariush as targets. I ultimately chose you because I felt that you were harder to read than the others.
Oh this is rich. Are you saying both a claimed inspector and his target are gonna last until LYLO, or that there's some reason they'll be claiming shortly?
No.
This isn't an answer. Why are you witholding your N1 action? Why won't you give us a flavorclaim?

Stop twisting my words.
If you cared about whether I was a vig or wolf, you'd want to know why I hadn't been killing. You don't, and hence jumped straight to "Has kill, must neutralize," because you're scum who really, really doesn't want me around.

See? Perfect example of trying to stymie discussion and brush the matter under the rug.

Powder Miner:
So... You're a "LONE" Vampire who wants to survive. Yeah.
You're not a survivor- except in crappy twilight books, vampires have always been hostile to humans and I get why a vampire would be a survivor.
Also, why did you specify Lone Vampire, Toaster? I don't get why you would be specified as Lone in your role name if you were a botched resurrection? What if you were revived from the dead by some vampire buddies and you're trying to protect them? That's what I think you're doing.
So vampires have never, will never, and simply cannot be non-hostile to town, but they're rezzing people as other vampires now? Why are you so certain about vampires being traditional at first and then allowing for baseless speculation in the same breath?

Furthermore, what's the point of Toaster outing himself to "protect" his buddies?

No, Toaster, I think you're cult. That's why you emphasized lone, to make people think you're an SK.
Then you change your mind completely, going from "Toaster is a vampire trying to shield his vampbuddies who raised him" to "Toaster is a botched normal priest rez resulting in a cult leader." How exactly did you make this kind of a jump, when the only thing they have in common is that Toaster's scum?

That is, if your crappy survivor claim failed, which it did.
Why would he bother, and how was he planning on explaining away his inability to roleblock and eventually kill anyone?

Native:
Irony: Don't you think it's a little unlikely that there were two vigilantes? If what you're saying is true, why did you !none both nights?
Will have to wait a bit longer to address this.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2012, 09:33:04 pm »

I know, you said they definitively weren't, and that vampires definitively were. Now you're saying, sure, there might be more than one vig, but it'd definitely be unbalanced so there's no reason for it. That's three separate, definitive claims you shouldn't have any way of knowing, and in the last case have no interest in finding out.
Ok I read your previous quote wrong. I'm basing my claims on past games. I did not rule out the existence of another vig in my earlier post. That being said, I still do not believe there is another vig.

No.
This isn't an answer. Why are you witholding your N1 action? Why won't you give us a flavorclaim?
I do not think this is the right time to reveal it. Why are you so insistent on knowing my N1 result? Flavor is that I drink a cup of tea, think about someone really hard, and read patterns in the tea.

Stop twisting my words.
If you cared about whether I was a vig or wolf, you'd want to know why I hadn't been killing. You don't, and hence jumped straight to "Has kill, must neutralize," because you're scum who really, really doesn't want me around.
I don't think you're a vig. I think you are a wolf, which is why I'm voting you.

See? Perfect example of trying to stymie discussion and brush the matter under the rug.
Just no. I see no reason that there should be more than 1 kill each night. Toaster was the vig, and as I've said earlier, I do not believe there is another vig.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2012, 09:55:26 pm »

Powder: Is the fact that Toaster mentioned "Lone" Vampire instead of just "Vampire" the only reason you don't buy his claim?

Zombie: What makes you think your N1 target will claim at all? Is there a particular reason you're on the lookout for a falseclaim?
No. I think it's stupid that a vampire would be a survivor. Lone is just why I think he's cult.

Irony:
I don't think he outed himself to protect his buddies. I think he actually fakeclaimed survivor he could argue his way into it.
Also, where's the jump? Aren't vampires a cult in the first place? Wouldn't saying he's trying to protect his vamp friends be saying he's trying to protect his cult friends? I was saying he was a cult last time I just never specifically states what hostile party he was (I didn't say he was mafia.) Also, I think he does have the roleblock kill ability. I just don't think he's a survivor.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 01, 2012, 10:29:44 pm »

Native:
Will have to wait a bit longer to address this.

Why?

Powder: Why do you think that, though?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 01, 2012, 10:46:18 pm »

Vampires are by nature parasites and they're hostile to humans in almost every medieval fantasy ever. Look at the flavor.
I think he's cult because he came back from the dead and apparently changed alignments. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 02, 2012, 02:58:00 am »

Because if IO is a killer (or rather since, since I see no way for him not to be one), he hadn't killed anyone for two nights straight.

Oh, for that matter:

IRONYOWL, you piece of assfucking shit. Get your ass in here right now and say what were you doing on N1 and N2. You fucking quoted my question and then ignored it.

PM, so you think that there are both traditional scum and a cult in this game, right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 02, 2012, 03:40:17 am »

Zombie Urist:
Ok I read your previous quote wrong. I'm basing my claims on past games. I did not rule out the existence of another vig in my earlier post. That being said, I still do not believe there is another vig.
Right. So because werewolves were straight killers in one previous game, they are clearly and obviously killers in this one. Because vampires were a cult in one previous game, they are clearly and obviously a cult in this one. And because you'd consider it "unbalanced," having two vigs is possible but not true.

Why so certain?

I do not think this is the right time to reveal it. Why are you so insistent on knowing my N1 result? Flavor is that I drink a cup of tea, think about someone really hard, and read patterns in the tea.
Because it could be useful information, both in its own right and in confirming you, and I don't believe you've got a good reason to withhold it. The possibility of catching someone in a fakeclaim, with no explanation whatsoever of when or why this will occur, sounds like a scummy excuse to not risk your neck fakeclaiming or outing a buddy.

Also, what did my tea leaves look like or say?

I don't think you're a vig. I think you are a wolf, which is why I'm voting you.
That's my point. You couldn't be assed to do anything to figure that out, which is why I'm thinking you already knew the answer. Only one way you could have known something like that, of course.

Just no. I see no reason that there should be more than 1 kill each night. Toaster was the vig, and as I've said earlier, I do not believe there is another vig.
Which still doesn't explain why you're trying to intercept somebody who's trying to figure out whether they think differently. Why do you care if Dariush faffs around asking something with an obvious answer? You haven't cared about him before.

Powder Miner:
No. I think it's stupid that a vampire would be a survivor. Lone is just why I think he's cult.
Again, what are you basing this off of? You can't think of a story where the vampire wasn't a villain, therefore vampire roles are automatically hostile to town?

I don't think he outed himself to protect his buddies. I think he actually fakeclaimed survivor he could argue his way into it.
Then why did you accuse him of precisely that earlier?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, you still haven't explained how or why he was trying for SK over cult as second place.

Also, where's the jump? Aren't vampires a cult in the first place? Wouldn't saying he's trying to protect his vamp friends be saying he's trying to protect his cult friends?
Cults don't work that way, or at least traditional cults don't. Vampires have been cultists the, what, one time we've encountered them, but that doesn't mean vampires are always cultists, just like the scumteam isn't always vampires. Furthermore, just because regular vampires are cultists doesn't mean everything with Vampire in the name is a cultist.

Finally, vampires have never, as far as I'm aware, been cultists via raising people from the dead. So, if you're working off the assumption that Vampire = Cult, where are you getting anything about necrocultist vampires from?

I was saying he was a cult last time I just never specifically states what hostile party he was (I didn't say he was mafia.) Also, I think he does have the roleblock kill ability. I just don't think he's a survivor.
So, you think there's a necrocult that can also kill, or what? And since when do necrocult vampires give their subjects new nonvanilla roles upon rezzing?

Vampires are by nature parasites and they're hostile to humans in almost every medieval fantasy ever. Look at the flavor.
Many, many vampires are not overtly harmful to their victims, assuming they don't want to be.

Also, would Toaster claiming he was a town-aligned vampire be more believable to you?

Native:
Why?
Need to keep ZU in the dark a bit longer. Shouldn't be long now.

Ragiush:
IRONYOWL, you piece of assfucking shit. Get your ass in here right now and say what were you doing on N1 and N2. You fucking quoted my question and then ignored it.
Calm down, you'll get it soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 02, 2012, 04:53:14 am »

You fucking hypocrite, you are refusing to reveal your actions at the same time as accusing ZU for not doing the same.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 02, 2012, 09:35:12 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Darvi: Toaster
IronyOwl: Dariush, NativeForeigner, zombie urist
Toaster: Powder Miner
zombie urist: IronyOwl

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:41:48 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 02, 2012, 10:09:00 am »

IronyOwl: Dariush, NativeForeigner, zombie urist
Toaster: Dariush, Powder Miner
*cough*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 02, 2012, 10:41:56 am »

Fixed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 02, 2012, 11:54:55 am »

Toaster has claimed survivor. That's essentially claiming mafia-ally. Goodbye, Toast.

IronyOwl: No. Stop withholding information for no apparent reason.
Zombie: No. If you're going to claim, claim in full.

Orangebottle:  Why is it unlikely to see a new type of role in a game themed around its unknown scum/third parties?
You have a good point. I guess it isn't all that unlikely, but it's weird that there would be a survivor with a kill instead of just an SK. They're the same thing.
Have you seen any role like Guardian Angel from the last Supernatural before it happened there?
No.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32