Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Turn 24: Blood and Honor  (Read 38516 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Turn 18: Ominous Consternation
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2012, 08:08:19 am »

Whoops. Edited.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2012, 04:23:23 pm »

Order Ast to lead the charge, following shortly after with my Brusher's Pike.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:52 pm »

((Sorry!))

Shalla blinked. Huh. So Lightbane was an ancient leader of the first official necromancer's guild... or someone who had taken the name when they ascended, or just happened to have the same name regardless.

Putting the book back on the shelf, she turned her attention to those sounds...

Investigate barfight.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 10:20:36 am »

Turn 18a: Ideas

"I am Ima Erifithili. I owe my life and freedom to a necromancer, and would never refuse power alike his own even if I had a choice in the matter.
"Unlike my numerous colleagues who bring dead back out of curiosity or greed for power, I wish to use that power to free the Wheels' subjects in the honor of my liberator. I would be lying to say I have no curiosity or greed for power myself, but at least they serve a definite goal."

The Diviner glares at the Elf with a look of hate but he lowers his staff slightly, before relaxing his posture and holding it aloft at his side, raising his free hand and rubbing his temple.

"A Necromancer. So the rumors are true then." He motions towards Montago, who abruptly follows him, casting a concerned look back at Ima before turning away.

The people surrounding the three continue with their work, returning towards their positions and readying whatever they've brought - mostly weaponry and various tools meant for siege or warfare. Ima could see a few with the same aura as the elder, but of a weaker state. Nevertheless, none of the people try to approach her or ask her questions. None of them dare to look at her, as was the case.

"Honesty. Not much it can do in a place like this, Necromancy is shunned for a reason.

As we're still here, I'd guess my sire and the other leaders would continue the planning. We'll be returning upland soon, through a...'special exit', as they call it. I've never seen it in all my life, but it works by the passage of magic.

Still, we're planning to raid Gin before dawn. Striking at the slavers that control those in power. A revolution, if you'd see it from our eyes. Abolishment of slavery, setting up independence, that sort of ideals.

I'm mightily sure that our leaders would be proud to meet a magic user of a different school, but not now, I think. Matters and all. What I know is, we'll be attacking by sea. They won't be seeing us coming, not with those,"
the man pointed at a stockpile of kegs and differing barrels that were hidden by luminous patches of moss. All labelled with strange accent marks.

A whistle echoes through the cavern. "It looks like we'll be heading back to the beachfront soon. You're a mage, what can you do to help us, seeing your agility and intellect?"

Spoiler: Subnote/s (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 10:27:33 am by Tiruin »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 02:30:18 pm »

"My primary focus in magic - not necromancy - is on controlling clouds: not only the clouds you see in the sky, but mists and clouds of smoke as well. That includes poisonous, cursed, magical and so on mists you see in the haunted bogs sometimes.

Other than that, I can improvise. It seems I know more about magic than I think I do, so memories just keep popping out on how to do this and how to do that. All I need is some practice and I can do a new school of magic.
Speaking of which, what kind of magic do your people need most? I think I have just enough time to learn something new.
"

Practice the school of magic these people need most. If they can't suggest anything useful, go with the good old Fire Magic.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:52:56 am by HmH »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2012, 12:50:35 am »

So. Who are we waiting on?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:44 am »

Held up by a special event. (RL)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:32:43 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2012, 06:33:14 am »

Take your time if you're busy elsewhere, but don't forget about us. :>
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2012, 06:35:42 am »

I'm not forgetting this at all, really.  :P
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 08:18:29 am by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Turn 19: Not Dead
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »

Turn 19: Not Dead

[6][6][6][4]

Another flash of lightning falls through the sky, brightening the storm clouds with their violet hue. The Storm is growing, and the temperature is dropping ever so slowly.

In Caelondia

Have the mass of flesh drag the three men inside as they enter. Send a gust of putrid air at them to nauseate and blow the door shut.
Order Ast to lead the charge, following shortly after with my Brusher's Pike.

Three pairs of feet sound through the warehouse, the guardsmen go forth from their path and for their deviance, they lie unaware of their fate. "So, Evans. As you are our leader for now, what...are we going to do first?"

The cracking of wood is heard, followed by a laugh.

"Begin the party! Kegs and Brandy!"

Laughter and cheering comes from their direction. Adil shakes his head and turns to the Mass of Flesh, grinning, "Well, let's get started, then..." He then nods to Leon for the time to act. The merchant then looks at Ast, and tips his Pike over in their direction.

The Mass of Flesh lurches towards the men, using it's pseudo-gelatinous form to squeeze between the numerous crates, casks and other wooden containers in the way while Ast walks confidently into view, his footsteps alerting the guards. The one known as Evans recovers first from his surprise and raises his flask to him with a lopsided grin.

"Ahoy there, Ast! Pleasant, um, surprise seeing you here. We aren't doing anything out of the ordinary, heh. Just a quick...break."

Ast just smiles, bringing out his axe into full view from behind him. "Not a good answer. That is mine, by the way."

"But this has the mark of the Irethian export. Surely even you can'-aaaarrrhh"

The Mass of Flesh unleashes it's four strands from above the men, locking each while causing them to drop their fine, fine wine. The man known as Stoic tries to strike back with his weapon, but fails, taking two around him. The three then get pinned to the floor.

"This is for leaving your duty!" Ast then raises his axe, taking two strides forward and drops the head on Delon's chestplate, causing him to spew out his take along with a few choice words from heavy bruising due to the weight.

"What in Aethier's name are you-"

"What's mine, is mine. Show them what it means to use others' items without permission, my friend."  Ast stepped aside to show an incredibly sharp point attached to a long stick. Holding said stick was Leon, who thrust it from his position, scraping the side of Evans' chainmail. Ast nods and steps back.

Meanwhile, staying hidden behind the others, Adil prepares to cast a nauseating cloud. Partly made from the toxic fumes that his companion left off, keeping his croc' hidden.

He raises his hands and the vapor rises, spreading out from the hole and engulfing the whole warehouse. He then realized that his power was not strong enough to contain it in a controllable manner. The first to be hit was the Dwarf himself, followed by Ast and Leon, then the three guards.

Adil gasps and is brought to his knees by the putrid stench, his mind fogging up from the dizzying scents; his emotions at power wasted. The 'mercenary' pair are quick enough to cover their noses and continue staring at the guardsmen, idly remarking at a crate marked 'Époisses' nearby. Food for the culinary masters in the town. The guardsmen do the same, all except for Stoic, who has both arms stuck in trying to get his weaponry. The man's face contorts into a grimace of pain and disgust but is lucky enough to stay conscious, throwing a snarl at the two while tears stream down his face. Soon enough, the cloud dissipates. The warehouse door creaks in the wind.

Spoiler: Guardsmen (click to show/hide)

~~
Dash and hack it with a downwards vertical slash, pulling it closer with the hooked end of the halberd while dragging it against the ground.
Shield Bash! For Caelondia!
Scry that Spectre, use what I learned in the Guild.
Accompany Enidri, I guess

Muscles tense, breathing slows, and the calm of night echoes through the Graveyard, if it were not for the Spectral presence, it was a rather tranquil night.

A brief reprieve as both sides await the first strike - which the remaining Guardsman uses. "Syra, you can hit me later for forgetting my sword, but at least I've brought my other weapon."  He raises his shield with both hands, his dagger tied to his belt. "For Caelondia!"

Enidri echoes his cry, "Prepare to come from whence you came, foul creature!"

The pair rush forward into battle, the Guardsman only a man's stride ahead of the young Smith, both are agile enough to evade the incoming streaks of darkness, missing by only a needle's width as they shoot behind them and explode into spiked balls, retracting quickly for another volley. Enidri can see his partner getting scathed by the upper arm, but he shrugs it off in his maneuver. Behind them, a mellow voice is heard chanting. Enidri spares a glance to see Syra in a solemn pose, with her hands held cradling the crystal tied to her neck, all essence of fear gone from her expression. From his position, he could make out a few words spoken.

"...Benedicite oculos, O providentia."

As if in response to the chant, the crystal rises and shatters into multiple minute fragments, expanding into an orb.  He turns his head away to focus on the matter at hand, then feels something akin to a wave pass through him in a gentle, smooth motion. Undaunted by the event, he charges onward.

Enidri sees a lopsided tombstone in his way and decides to use that as leverage for his plan. With a quick two-step, he leaps from it's edge, raising his halberd overhead with both hands and letting out a warcry at the same time. He is met by a tendril, which he manages to bypass by stepping and landing perpendicularly on it's elongated mass. It was actually solid.

"Causing any damage on my armor is an offense to me!" He uses the momentum to continue the strike, keeping balance on the wisps of shadow as his feet land on the ground. Two steps prove worthwhile, as he brings down his weapon in a vertical arc! "...And to the man who assisted me in its forging!" he completes, seeing in slow motion the blade, dropping like an anchor onto the visage, cracking it from the temple down to the jaw. It wasn't natural for a smith to fight as effortlessly as this, but a smith should know his weapon and armor to even be competent. That, Enidri was.

The mask falls to the ground without a sound and as what Enidri would expect; the latter sufficed, as the Spectre made no audible note of the strike. He could feel waves of fear coming from the being as he twists the shaft and feels the hooked end connect from within, pulling back; only for the blade shaft to be caught by one of the tendrils in retaliation.

From behind, the silhouette of the Guardsman materializes into one holding a shield upraised with the intention of bashing the Spectre. As Enidri struggles with the grip, the remaining three tendrils sink back into the torso and plunge out of the backside, directly aimed at the Guard. The first to reach him envelops the shield with it's essence after being bashed back, keeping it's hold. The Guard then draws his dagger with a determined look, hopelessly parrying another tendril before the third wraps itself around his right hand and constricts, causing him to yell in pain. He tries to stab the tendril, but it embeds itself in his skin, causing him to miss once more and finally throws away his shield.

Enidri yanks out his weapon due to his other ally's help. Fornax shoots a small flare at the tendril, singeing it slightly and causing it to uncoil and sink back into it's cavity. He sees the others join it's relative in place.

Spoiler: Scryer Syra Tinoel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spectre (click to show/hide)

Nat's Cove ; Beachfront

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Practice the school of magic these people need most. If they can't suggest anything useful, go with the good old Fire Magic.

Rano nods and turns to inspect the stockpile, quickly jogging back as the Elf finishes speaking. "Erm, apologies if I didn't get that right, I know much about the physical, but not the magical. You'll have to talk with our mages for that. And, yes, even slaves can be mages if taught...correctly." he replies. She could see the man cast down his eyes upon the last word before he perked up and continued. "Still, I'm thinking weather control, maybe? I can only hazard a guess, being but a bodyguard, as the sea is calm to only those who travel it with open arms - that is the path we'll take." He brought out a casing tucked under his arm "Where we are headed, is back to Gin. To their Temple - the literal center of power of the city. This is Smoke Powder. Conceals from view, handy tool for escape or entry. This is yours to do with as you will. Take good care of it: for you can use it once on yourself, and once on someone else. Never twice on the same person. Magic work, that sort of thing."

The Elf took the gift, and returned speaking on the same thoughts earlier, "Speaking of which, what kind of magic do your people need most? I think I have just enough time to learn something new."

"We have no time. The others have left, it seems. This place is well-known for it's moss, many possibilities with it's use, but moreso for it's location. You can get easily lost in the caverns without a guide." The man looks around and returns to speaking, "My sire must have gone ahead. Let us return."

The pair go back the way they came, firstly through the limestone-covered corridor and along the dank ledge, then back through rocky tunnels and scaling back walls. She could sense her companions following close by, with Rano unaware. Finally, the light of the moon is seen as the two emerge from the Maw and welcome themselves to a sight of wonder: along the shoreline lay about ten or eleven rowboats, with men and women gathered along the shoreline, piling their supplies in along with the  kegs seen earlier. Nearby, streaks of lightning flashed in the direction of Gin, followed by thunder and dots of rain, illuminating the violet sky. They are met by a familiar face with a torch, Montago.

"So, my friends. I see we're all ready? There is our boat, and we shall set sail. I am glad we have liberated a few mages to keep our supplies dry, but it won't last until we get to the sewer culvert, under the market road. Milady Ima, you come with us, being under our custody by the Diviner. Shall we start our embark? I guess we have enough time, if you would like to do anything. Oh, and we're fine with you being a Necromancer. Beggars can't be choosers, aye? Just don't...touch my men. They're a bit superstitious," he said, a bit of a stutter in his speech.

Around her, Ima can sense her fish swarm waiting right under the boat directed by Montago. Her bat was perched on the side, being caressed by one of Montago's men. The rest of the boats were nearly finished readying up and she was the only mage on her own boat.

"Ah, before I forget, we have four other mages including the Diviner. Everyone else, fighters for the rebellion."

In Blackmarsh

Break the Shades, and force them to become my minions.

"Dammit, this shouldn't have happened! Pallas be careful you can't die here." Zakroff said as he once again set to work, straightening and ignoring the pain, but this time he focused on the shades - they were beings of darkness so he would break them, and make them his servants.

He gestures at the shades, willing their control. His action is only met by the same cackling that emanated from their mouths, and feels his power sap from him, rendering him immobile as he hears their words echo in his mind.

"We shan't bow to thee, human! Ye have no power over us!" They screech, moving forward with an unnatural speed and focusing on the weakened Knight.

"For the Realm!" Pallas shouts, drawing it's sword and balancing the blade which begins to glow in the same bright light.

The Knight shifts it's legs into a more defensible stance, waiting for the strikes. The first shade leaps at it, only to be struck back into the wall by the sword, a burnt hole in it's cloak revealing the damage done. The second gets the same treatment, placing itself right next to it's brother on the wall.

Zakroff can see a flash of blue coming from a staff in his peripheral vision and feels his muscles regain control of themselves. The figure holding it seems to be a woman dressed in rural fashion with her clothes covering most of her body except her hands and head, right in front of the library doors. One of the local mages, perhaps?

Spoiler: Shades (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mage (click to show/hide)

~~
Follow the newly risen human and attempt to get better control of it

Tyver started in a run, with Fluffy following closely behind, leaping over another tombstone while chasing after his newly risen friend. "Hey get back here. Here!"

Passing another mausoleum, and careful not to trip himself on the longland grass strewn about, he can sight out the backside of his target partly concealed on both ends by crypt structures. Then, he stops, pointing the tip of his pike at him and uttering a word.

Tyver can feel an intangible bond between him and the thing strengthen. The human seems to stop in recognition then gets thrown out of view, blocked by another building with it's aggressor moving towards it, revealing itself for just a moment before disappearing behind the right building. The same wail heard earlier echoed from the creature, causing the man's hairs to stand on end and shaking his morale. From his position, Tyver can see what threw him away, a being clothed by vestments in a dark hue, with about four blackish tendrils protruding from it's chest cavity. It's arms and legs were like thin, bony copies of human design - indiscernible, while it's head seemed to be masked by the same clothing that covered it's body.

"This doesn't look good for us, Tyver. But our friend is in need and I have to help him."

~~
Ghouls, back! Bones, rise!

Cog's eyes widened in awe at the sight, for from behind his tombstone, all he had to speak of were two hunger-obsessed ghouls.

"WHOA! Where did he come from! Ghouls, get back here!" he said, assessing the situation. It didn't look like the ghouls heard his command, just standing slack-jawed in their positions. "Dammit, I need more bones. Rise, minions, rise to do my bidding!"

With those words, and accompanied by a gesture of both hands, a single hand penetrates the dirt from behind him, followed by the weakening of earth and the crumbling of stone. As Cog turns to regard his work, a skeleton rises; nothing but bone and metal clinging to it's figure. It raises it's weapon, buried alongside it and waits for the command. A bronze hauberk covers most of it's body, most likely from an earlier age.

The Spectre, however, does not seem to be paying any attention to the novice Necromancer and his deeds, focusing instead on it's attacker. The tendrils extend themselves from their cavity once more, each grabbing one of the four main appendages of the human, who resists well: able to ward off any auxiliary damage to itself through subtle positioning. Yet it proves for naught, as the last two tendrils snake around his torso and throw him off, causing the human to land into a raised pile of dirt which cushions his blow. Now free from it's trouble, it lets out a wail of victory.

As Cog turns back to view the scene, he can glimpse the outline of another man holding a pike and a dog-like figure in the distance, between the structures.

Spoiler: Undead Human (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ghouls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spectre (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other (click to show/hide)

~~
Investigate barfight.

Shalla blinked. 'Huh. So Lightbane was an ancient leader of the first official necromancer's guild... or someone who had taken the name when they ascended, or just happened to have the same name regardless...' she thought to herself.

She turned her attention to those sounds, putting the book back in her pack for later use. The woman moves quietly through the librarium, careful not to make a sound while dousing the lantern and putting it back in it's respectful place. The moonlight proved enough to get by, anyway.

Slowly opening the door, for the windows were too far away, she notices that the doors open just as quietly as her own footsteps. With a slinking of chain, she finds herself on the outside, the doors shutting themselves appropriately. Strangely, she gets the feeling that this place should have been thoroughly locked and secured judging by the presence of the chain at her feet - maybe it was actually just for decoration? She puts it back in place regardless.

Shalla's staff now radiated a colorful light blue, illuminating the surroundings. In the distance, she could sense through the staff, a few beings who were not of this world. They were outlined, two in black and one in white with the background being grey. She then returns to her normal vision and raises her staff to investigate the area, letting it emit a pulse of blue light. Strangely, she can glean nothing new from the area yet the staff glows even brighter.

'Huh.'

Spoiler: HmH ; Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion ; Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf ; Zakroff Alzar (click to show/hide)

Note, that RP'ing is fully allowed and encouraged if two players meet. :D

Criticism, comments and suggestions are always welcome! Tell me if something is missed.

---
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:28:43 pm by Tiruin »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2012, 01:08:40 pm »

Adil shakes his head and gets back to his feet, summoning a few skeletal fiends as he recovers. He also sends Noshtath after Delon.

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2012, 01:50:38 pm »

You have risen by my command your service is needed noble lord. I am your new master you have been given life anew to live life as you wanted it. So long as you remain in my service.
Continue attempts to strengthen control

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2012, 01:57:02 pm »

Create two swords out of the shadows, and the charge the nearest Shade. If I manage to stab the being conjure flames upon my blade, and burn it to ashes.

Blades of profane darkness formed Zakroff's hands, and a small light shined in his eyes as he began to charge at the nearest shade yelling, "Dark Beasts be gone from this world!"

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2012, 02:42:47 pm »

Ima briefly considered the pro and contra of practicing Fire Magic aboard a boat. The only logical conclusion was 'DON'T', so her mind ventured back to the clouds... which have gathered all over the sky in a very, very threatening way. Well, that answered it: weather control has become Ima's school of choice today.
Even one well-aimed lightning strike would give the rebels an advantage against the city's defenders, and this thunderstorm looked like it had enough juice for a hundred of them. The storm simply needed a little magical guidance to strike in the right place, and Ima would be thrilled to provide it.
"Let's set sail now. To answer your query: your men's bodies will be treated with respect, if that's what you mean by me 'not touching' them, but I do plan to work magic - specifically, weather-related magic. Should I try to shield the fleet from the storm, or do the superstitions label that a bad idea as well?"

Embark now. Learn Weather Magic using my knowledge of Cloud Magic as a stepping stone.
If Montago and his superstitious crew have no objections, use the Weather Magic to calm the weather wherever our boats go.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »

Enidri got back to his naturally-created halberd stance and turned to Fornax.
"Fornax, if you may, please help that man."
The spectre should be vanquished, and it should happen now, for the unlucky guardsman would not resist much more.
"Suffer not to exist anymore, weak shadow of evil. If this is all you can do, I suggest you bow down and allow me to make this fight quicker."

Make Fornax help the guardsman, kick the shield back to the the man and run in front of the him to take any incoming attacks, dashing to the Spectre's side and destroying its tendrils with a heavy vertical hacking motion. Destroy the vestments as well in the process; keep defending the man.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 12:08:44 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14