_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5938668 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: Asscrack:Nature's filing cabinet.
« Reply #5085 on: August 02, 2012, 01:11:40 pm »

((She wasn't very helpful, but maybe he didn't ask he correct questions. I guess the fact is that amps are too complicated to explain techniques for. It must be more something very simple to use which you "feel" more than "wield".))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5086 on: August 02, 2012, 03:12:41 pm »

((Jesus... The pen is indeed mightier than the sword...))

Bishop shuddered for a moment, as he recalls what he found out on that rock.

"Better for them NOT to have it, I would think. Rather not have everyone who can listen to sound be driven to suicide or mass murder or some shit like that."

As he finished eating his massive meal and stood up, he stretched and breathed deeply. He needed the break from that P-Box mission, but it was time to get back to work.

Head back to the VR machines, hop in and create a new project. Bring up the design for a MK 3 helmet and replace the armor of the whole thing with 2 inch thick battlesuit plating with a thicker reinforcing plate on the bottom, and adjust the faceplate to being a much smaller section over the eyes. Increase headspace inside the helmet to accomodate a strengthening frame like that of the industrial helmet that's fused into the base plate of the armor. Then incorporate the sensor suite of the cameyes implant into the helmet cameras, upgrading the computer if need be, and see how it works out.
'
Alright lets see...
Ok, first thing is that increasing headroom in the helmet is gonna mean either making the helmet overall larger, removing parts or otherwise changing it. Because there just isn't a lot of extra room in there to play with.

A little. I may be just tired because of the last reading session. Going to rest a little before continuing to read.

Walk and rest a little, then get the book and read it again.
[End:1]
You spasm and twitch, your mind overloaded by labyrinthine and archaic text.

Poilitely ask Jim for tips and tricks upon the activation and usage of the Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier.

"Hey, I had heard you were the best exotic weapon user on this ship.  Would you be willing to give me some advice?  I would certainly appreciate it, and having stronger team mates would only help you as well."

((I don't want to just ask for general amp use, because I want to not die on my first mission.  Gaining ability in something I can't use won't help with that.))
You ask the enormous robot holding a bunch of swords for advice on lighting things on fire with your mind. You ask him nicely.

"Oh.  Oh, well."
Find a cardboard board and a sharpie.
You get a big sheet of hard cardboard and a big black marker from the armory.

Hunter.
Location?
>Urban
>Jungle
>Plains
>Desert

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: August 02, 2012, 03:19:52 pm »

Lars thinks on this one.  He had heard rumors of the failed killer hunt, so why not see how he would do in a similar situation?

Urban.

((Sorry, I don't remember the various options, so no preloading.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: August 02, 2012, 03:27:16 pm »

((It looks like talking to anyone isn't going to get me anywhere.  And for some reason, I doubt that piece would give me any type of bonus for doing something in the VR.  Looks like I'm gonna have to get lucky.  It's not like I can get a one on my amp rolls, except for if I decide be stupid and use it when I have a negative modifier.  Well, I guess I'll just see what's feasible in the VR, at the very least.))

Go to the VR and boot up the Duel program.  If possible, upload a random civilian with no AI, they just sit there.  If not, try and load up a copy of myself.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: August 02, 2012, 04:50:00 pm »

((Remember, 1s aren't the only result that can end badly. 6s are bad too, and with your +1 modifier, your natural 5s become 6s. You still have a 2/6 chance of something bad happening, except you'll have your original request done too, maybe.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: August 02, 2012, 05:17:44 pm »

Scribble "homelis & hungry - wil werk 4 tockens - god bles" on the cardboard.  Place the sign on the side of my bed and go lie in the most visible corner I can find, looking as pathetic as possible.  Keep the marker.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:19:27 pm by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: August 02, 2012, 05:38:14 pm »

"Is there any way I can preview what it looks like? In Tinker or something, for example?"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:14:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: August 02, 2012, 06:37:38 pm »

((Remember, 1s aren't the only result that can end badly. 6s are bad too, and with your +1 modifier, your natural 5s become 6s. You still have a 2/6 chance of something bad happening, except you'll have your original request done too, maybe.))

((I would tend to think that a one is far worse than a six could ever be.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: August 02, 2012, 06:54:45 pm »

((I would tend to think that a one is far worse than a six could ever be.))
((It is. 6 is usually excessive or gets the job done in an unnecessarily destructive fashion, whereas 1s are just everything going to hell.

As an example, consider amp misfires. 1s are usually roasting yourself or something similar. 6s are usually a bigger fireball than you intended. Which one is (usually) worse?

Alternatively, I recently rolled a 6 for a medical roll to stop bleeding, and ended up cauterizing the wound with a blowtorch- brutal, but it did accomplish the goal. A 1 would probably have made the bleeding worse or hacked off the limb without cauterizing it or something.

So ultimately, it depends on your Bad Things tolerance. 1s are pretty much a given, but 6s or 7s depend on how much collateral you can afford, and usually aren't that bad.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:05 pm »

((7s and 8s may go overblow though. Do you remember Mesk's medical overshots?))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: August 02, 2012, 06:59:38 pm »

(How high do you think we need a skill to be before we get a dynamic bonus to it? If we never get one, then it might not be worth investing more than nine or so points in a skill, ever. >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: August 02, 2012, 07:09:09 pm »

((7s and 8s may go overblow though. Do you remember Mesk's medical overshots?))
((I think he pulled several of those off with a 6, though. Mesk's unique brand of doctory seems more a result of poor wording and unusual actions than too many points in medical just by itself. You'll notice Faith's overshots have varied between similar (trying to rip out Lukas' arm) and fairly harmless (mummifying Chin with medical foam).

(How high do you think we need a skill to be before we get a dynamic bonus to it? If we never get one, then it might not be worth investing more than nine or so points in a skill, ever. >.>)
((Good question, and valid concern. Less true of weapon skills, I would think, since they seem to operate more on more is better than, say, handiwork or medical.

Ultimately, it comes down to how much you value some results over others. 1s are so much worse than 7s most of the time that a +1 is obviously valuable. How much worse 2s are than 8s depends on a lot, so a +2 is more debatable. 3s and 9s are even more subjective, especially since we're not even sure what a 9 medical roll does or if it's different from a 7. I'm thinking you'd be hard pressed to justify preferring a 10 over a 4, though, so +3 is probably as high as most people would want to go, at least for for non-opposed skills like medical or handiwork.

Again, all this is based on a rather poor understanding of just what each number means and a fair amount of assumption about circumstances.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: August 02, 2012, 07:13:53 pm »

(Hopefully PW gets back to us on this one, though. I'd like to know if I should just invest everything in Exotic Weapons or just put two more points in it and then start working on everything else.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: August 02, 2012, 07:16:42 pm »

((Jim already has +1 from his profession +1 from that cyborg-tuning and now you want to add some more skill points...Anything else? Jim may actually end up as the king of terrible overshooting, depending on what the future has for him.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: August 02, 2012, 07:18:33 pm »

((Wait, Jim got an exotics bonus from his cybernetics? When was this?

Also, what's his Exotic at these days?))
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 2101