_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921923 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #795 on: May 12, 2012, 04:22:26 pm »

((Uh... what do I do now? o_o))
A doctor in large circular glasses and a respirator walks up to you and looks you over. "What happened?" he asks.

((Uh... what do I do now? o_o))
((Wake up. Talk to the doctor. I dunno.

@GM: Didn't Erik's arms have amps inside them? I meant to put an amp inside the body of the rod  :P Also, that is only my second option, I think the one with the amp directly on the tip will work out better.
And the claws could have an electromagnetic system, so they would clamp tightly on my arm, but only when activated.))
The contact plates of Erik's amps were on his knuckles, the rest of the electronics was in his arm. The contact plates are where the force comes from.
And yeah, magnets would work. I'll just let you know that when it comes to what amounts to attaching a weapon via a bear trap to your arm, a low roll trying to attach it may end very painfully.

Stomp on one of Chuck Norris's knees, and then hit him with a chop to the neck.
[Dex:6]
[CN dex:5]
[str:2]
[cn str:4]
You kick Chuck right in the kneecap but he doesn't budge an inch, instead grabbing you by the ankle and twisting sharply.
[end:4]
You twist your leg to reduce the twist from an ankle breaker to just a mild pain but are still trapped in his grasp.

((Just as the tip, piercing the target, opening a hole for the drill to go into and tear apart the target))
Would you mind doing a quick little MS paint drawing for me? I'm having a hard time envisioning exactly what you're describing.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 12, 2012, 04:30:03 pm »

Cry and whimper and, for the first time, speaks. "No pain!!! No more pain!!!!" Then remember that this is a simulation. If I can remember that, try to pick up the gun and fire another round. If not, try to skitter away, clutching my new wound.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:32:16 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 12, 2012, 04:30:03 pm »

The contact plates of Erik's amps were on his knuckles, the rest of the electronics was in his arm. The contact plates are where the force comes from.
And yeah, magnets would work. I'll just let you know that when it comes to what amounts to attaching a weapon via a bear trap to your arm, a low roll trying to attach it may end very painfully.
((Leave the amp at the tip and make the clamp system more like the half of a bisected cushioned box to fit the MkIII's forearm. Alternatively, I want a simple, non-bear trap clamping system able to interlock its claws instead of hugging the arm directly then. If all fails, just go with something akin to a glove and make a quick-release system in case I want to let go of it. Preferentially the glove, I guess, since it is way simpler.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:04:37 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 12, 2012, 04:34:49 pm »

Use his grip to help propel my other foot off the ground and spin-kick into his face.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 12, 2012, 04:45:37 pm »

((@TCM: Suggestion for the next match:
Weapon: AnythingBattle fish +1
Enemy: piecewise
Enemy's weapons: The computer he uses to update Einsteinian Roulette
I would expect him to win by doing something quite metamagic, like erasing VR Elisaz out of existence.
Edit: Oh wait, nevermind.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:47:37 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 12, 2012, 04:48:32 pm »

((@Caellath Looks like I'll end up using Enedrasi Kinetic Piledriver (or how you're going to call it) instead of my own weapon. Good luck with it!  :) ))
Well, this one didn't work in the end. Pity.
Scrap the first design and concentrate on the second. Make the full swings (but no arm movement apart from the initial strike) go repeatedly until stopped. Then increase the weapon's size (and the spike's weight) up to as much as an exoskeleton-wearer can use effectively. Test it against the thicker plates of the battlesuit and the ARSC (that mobile bunker) front armor.
By the way, Steve, is there any unspoken convention in the 'Corps about naming the weapons promoted from tinkered lists to the regular armory? Such as, for example, using animal names and no author name/surname mentioning? I mean, has there ever been such a convention in one of the units before us, and what was it? Actually, how did the Reverend Comrade who is currently holding the position of the Armory Master name her inventions?
((Damn it, I'm certainly going to get to know her name soon, or I'll get crazy by calling her that long - or, even worse, get GM mad at me for the same reason.))
EDIT: (( 'no arm movement apart from the initial strike'='doesn't punch each time the spike is swung', not 'fixing the arm in place' (clarified that just to make sure) ))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:07:47 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 12, 2012, 05:03:55 pm »

Go to the Armory and pick up the parts, take them back to the rec room and assemble them.

((Luck I have access at the moment.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 12, 2012, 05:07:49 pm »

((@Nikitian: Try asking her. No one ever tried that - mostly because they don't give a single shit, which is my case - and I bet she won't fling you into vacuum just because of that. :P))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 12, 2012, 05:20:48 pm »

((@Caellath Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going to do, as well as to ask about her time in HMRC, as Tiruin suggested - it's not like I'll be missed here too much if I get to see the stars and the void from outside the ship  ;D
But I'm definetly not going to be rude to her, that's for sure. Damn, she's pretty much a living legend to my character! Hopefully, she'll pity (or find curious/not harmful) this 'poor, deluded bastard' and we'll learn something.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 12, 2012, 07:08:09 pm »

((I'll put up  the image tomorrow,  I'm on an iPad)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #805 on: May 12, 2012, 08:50:59 pm »

Cry and whimper and, for the first time, speaks. "No pain!!! No more pain!!!!" Then remember that this is a simulation. If I can remember that, try to pick up the gun and fire another round. If not, try to skitter away, clutching my new wound.
You whimper and moan and roll over to your weapon, sweeping it off the ground and aiming another shot at your doppelganger.
[con:2]
[clone con:4]
Your shot goes wide as your clone's hypersonic spear strikes you in the right forearm, snapping the bone and pinning you to the ground. And then a thin metal rod pops out of the back of the spear, topped with a red flag bearing the words "Buzz kill"
[End:1]
Big fucking spike embedded in your arm? Yeah, time for a nap.

The screen flashes "GAME OVER"

((Leave the amp at the tip and make the clamp system more like the half of a bisected cushioned box to fit the MkIII's forearm. Alternatively, I want a simple, non-bear trap clamping system able to interlock its claws instead of hugging the arm directly then. If all fails, just go with something akin to a glove and make a quick-release system in case I want to let go of it. Preferentially the glove, I guess, since it is way simpler.))
A box like thing will work.

Use his grip to help propel my other foot off the ground and spin-kick into his face.
[Dex:6]
[strength:2]
[end:1]
You use his grip as a springboard to propel yourself off the ground and around in a brutal spinning kick to his jaw. Well, you think it was a pretty brutal kick, but judging by Chuck's unchanged expression and the fact that you just broke your own ankle by twisting it in his grip, perhaps you've misjudged your performance.

((@Caellath Looks like I'll end up using Enedrasi Kinetic Piledriver (or how you're going to call it) instead of my own weapon. Good luck with it!  :) ))
Well, this one didn't work in the end. Pity.
Scrap the first design and concentrate on the second. Make the full swings (but no arm movement apart from the initial strike) go repeatedly until stopped. Then increase the weapon's size (and the spike's weight) up to as much as an exoskeleton-wearer can use effectively. Test it against the thicker plates of the battlesuit and the ARSC (that mobile bunker) front armor.
By the way, Steve, is there any unspoken convention in the 'Corps about naming the weapons promoted from tinkered lists to the regular armory? Such as, for example, using animal names and no author name/surname mentioning? I mean, has there ever been such a convention in one of the units before us, and what was it? Actually, how did the Reverend Comrade who is currently holding the position of the Armory Master name her inventions?
((Damn it, I'm certainly going to get to know her name soon, or I'll get crazy by calling her that long - or, even worse, get GM mad at me for the same reason.))
EDIT: (( 'no arm movement apart from the initial strike'='doesn't punch each time the spike is swung', not 'fixing the arm in place' (clarified that just to make sure) ))
Ok, so spike keeps going back and forth till you make it stop, easy. As per as much as a exosuit user can wield...that might be a bit disproportionately large...unless you want to run around with a filing cabinet strapped to one arm. Now, just making the spike heavier, that will work, but increased weight and keeping it the same size will increase price, as usual.

>You can name it "The electric eel of urethral violation" for all I care.

Go to the Armory and pick up the parts, take them back to the rec room and assemble them.

((Luck I have access at the moment.))
You grab your parts from the armory and head back to the mess hall. You tear open the sealed part bag and enjoy the smell of fresh weapon components for a moment. Smells like either victory or horrible, maiming death. You're not sure there is actually a difference. You shake yourself out of your new gun smell stupor and dump the parts onto the table to begin working.

[handiwork:2+1+1] First thing to do is open up the rocket rifle and modify the barrel to accept the gauss coils. You manage to get the coils in and flush to the barrel but can't get them to fire at just the right time. It shouldn't be too bad, but it might mean that charged shots aren't as powerful as they should be. Next are the extra charging circuits and the expanded circuitry to go with them. [Handiwork:2+1+1] Damn it, you can't figure out how to route this circuitry to work for the super-overcharge, looks like you'll just have to use overcharge. Now for reworking the body into a bullpup and modifying the ammo intake for the larger 75 round magazines. [Handiwork:3+1+1] Easy peasy, just shift the ammo loading back here and the grips like this, and boom, done.

You dust off your hands and look at your creation. It's not perfect, but it's still pretty rad.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 12, 2012, 09:06:17 pm »

A box like thing will work.
((Ok?))
Milno starts to create the weapons in the simulation. One with the common magnetic setup, other with a gauss rifle's and a third with a gauss cannon magnetic system to move the kinetic-amplified spike. He checks the effect on walls of concrete, metal, and on a battlesuit.
After the first tests, he tries to put one amp in front of the preexisting to check if it can amplify the previously amplified effect. He repeats the same tests.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:32:47 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 12, 2012, 09:34:26 pm »

Take it back apart and put the parts somewhere safe, then go in to VR and break it apart and reassemble it again until I can do it flawlessly. I want this thing to be exactly what it is supposed to be, no less.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 12, 2012, 09:35:48 pm »

Just kick the shit out of Chuck with my good leg.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #809 on: May 12, 2012, 09:39:07 pm »

Inform el medico about my situation.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 2101