_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5921873 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread:Breathing is overrated.
« Reply #780 on: May 12, 2012, 10:11:55 am »

((Quick player poll to you guys: What do you bet we will find in the base?

Rogue AI?

Zombies or something like them?

Aliens?

Telepathic critters?

Killer robots?

Something else?

I'd like to know your thoughts! Tell us, and maybe the GM will get some neat ideas for later.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 12, 2012, 10:19:05 am »

((Personally, I think this is a whole big trap. Maybe just me and drinking the wine of meta.

Still, without that, Feyri would place her bet on: Electrical Beings/Power Sappers | Rogue AI, if not applicable.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 12, 2012, 10:54:35 am »

((Well, I'd go with Zombies/Posessed bodies/Transhumaned (Ascended?) scientists/Not-quite-in-our-reality-things (trapped halfway between paraller realities or something like that)
That face on the monitor just gave me too much creeps))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #783 on: May 12, 2012, 12:12:41 pm »

((Would a slot in the top of the drill that the filament goes in, like a bayonet work for stabbing and pieercing purposes? If yeah, then that's the plan.))
a slot might work...the problem is those brackets. See, the Razors look something like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Their wire has to be kept tightly tensioned and not touching anything otherwise it will either cut what it's touching or tear itself apart. So your drill would have to have big brackets keeping the filament tight, like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Um, maybe something that fires a grasping bolt at the target, that then latches on and shocks the target as much as is needed? Or just some sort of stun baton or cattle prod, maybe?

I guess it'd be nice if it could take out a wide range of targets, which is why I'm thinking electricity, but if there's another way I'd love to hear it."
"Stun batons we got. Those are easy. Electrified grabbing things? Not so much. We do have a pair of Crowd-wire gloves though, thats a bit like it."

"Um, maybe something that fires a grasping bolt at the target, that then latches on and shocks the target as much as is needed? Or just some sort of stun baton or cattle prod, maybe?

I guess it'd be nice if it could take out a wide range of targets, which is why I'm thinking electricity, but if there's another way I'd love to hear it."

(I want an app amp for that. >.> Probably not happening, so instead could I possibly buy some sort of system like that for Jim and have it built in? :3)
Buy a system to let you electrocute people? Sure. It's gonna be an aux roll if it's built in though.

((Wait, the 'oscillation' and the swing are two different moves? I thought along the lines of 'the hammer strikes the bit, the bit swings out and strikes the target, then it swings back in (with the use of the spring or something more durable and powerful, if needed), ready to be hammered again'. ))
Take away the kinetic amplifier from the tip of the bit and sharpen the strinking end; attach that amplifier to the hammer inside the weapon so that it would increase the energy given to the bit.
Now, it is probably going to break quite often. All those cyborgs and robots and abominable Altered creatures with too much power in their manipulators might see it their duty to snap the striking part, just to the fun of denying the 'Corps comrades a good weapon.
Make the bit of a very durable and hard material (compare the cheaper and the more expensive ones), then allow it be detached and a spare one reattached in the field. Increase the length of the bit and its swing.
When I say swing I'm referring to the spike's oscillation, the back and forth movement. The spike itself is actually magnetically driven, not like a real hydraulic hammer/jackhammer, which just does the action of striking a chisel with a hammer mechanically. The spike is capable of retracting totally into the arm mounting the then shooting out at high speeds, or anything in between. You've just had it oscillating a small amount so that it more accurately replicates the action of a hydraulic hammer/jackhammer, if not the mechanism.

Wait patiently for Milno.
((I already gave you the video about weapons. Just watch it. If you want me to build it, remember I also have a -1. But if your handiwork skill is 0 then you'll get a -2, by the way.))
You have no idea how much I want to roll you a strength roll and have you just crush her head in because you're clubbing her while still in your exoskeleton. But she's still awake so...yeah.

You shouldn't give me opportunities like that. Nothing good will come of it. Something funny might come of it though.
((I know you already, and I know the exo gives me enhanced strength. I thought about it for a moment, so that is why I added the "but he'll try to avoid permanent brain damage."
But ok, I'll try not to bash people's heads with my laser battery unless they ask for it. To wake them up I'll try poking them in the ribs without the suit's assistance, it always works.))

Milno heads to the rec room, goes to a VR Machine, enters Tinker and tries to create something similar to a forearm attached piledriver for exoskeleton users:
-He makes all of the weapon easy to clamp and unclamp around his armor's forearm, and introduces a magnetic and chemical adhesion system to the front of the weapon to make it glue to anything with the press of a button.
-He introduces a kinetic amp to the tip of one model and other the body of a different one, reinforcing the latter's bit, and test both for their effectivity.
-He fiddles with the system to allow both a "piledriver mode" and a "hammering mode", the first being the basic stuff, in which the metal rod moves all the way back and then launches forward with full speed; the second being much like an hydraulic hammer.
-He creates three more different models and replaces the hydraulics of two of them for a gauss rifle and gauss cannon system, fitting it to move the rod.
-He also adds a hatch on the bottomside of the weapon so it can open to allow his hand to slide through in case of need.
-And he tries the effects of all of those against concrete and metal walls, and a static Battlesuit.
-What manner would you like to have it clamped to your arm with? As per making it adhere to things at the touch of a button, the magnets are easy but what about the chemical means? How would you like to do that?
-I get the first part, but "and other the body of a different one," confuses me.
-piledriver and hammer modes, got it.
-They use magnetic systems already, hydraulic ones have a bad habit of leaking and or freezing and boiling.
-Manual handle/hatch thing to hold on to and use by hand rather then attached your arm. Got it.

Elisaz bows back before assuming a fighting stance.

Get ready to counter-attack. If Chuck Norris goes for a punch, counter with a block and then strike him in the head twice. If he kicks, grab the leg and smash it like Faith would do. Block and counter any other attacks. If he charges/tackles, sidestep and elbow him in the spine or back if the head as he passed.

[CN:dex:5]
[dex:5]
The man charges at you and unleashes a series of kicks directly at your head. You duck and dodge, avoiding damage but can't manage to catch his leg.

Get whatever, choke it down, and see if Steve's made those prototype parts yet, they'd probably end up in the armory, check there first.

((I probably won't be able to check on this or post much, I'm outta town for the weekend. Just giving you a heads-up.))
You pick a few "foods" at random and eat the resulting mess that the machine presents you.
"Hey steve, you got those parts for me yet?"
>Yeah, let me just walk on out there and hand them to you. Oh, wait, no. They're at the armory.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 12, 2012, 12:27:58 pm »

clicks the dual option and picks a copy of himself with the same weapon.Two trials, one try ((what choices do I have?Maybe you can put the general VR machine choices on the first post of the thread to make this easier.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 12, 2012, 12:32:58 pm »

((Sorry, totally misunderstood it! Thanks, now I get it.  :) ))
Fork the research project into two branches. In the first, try changing the design so that the spike is really hammered and it's the hammer that bears the kinetic amplifier and is magnetically moved.
((Closer to the original jackhammer design, allows the spike to be sharpened and, possibly, be made of non-magnetic material))
In the second, use the design as it is. Then, with the both designs, forego the small-scale oscillation and make the spike swing at maximum amplitude. Test their efficiency and compare to each other.
((Looks like you were right from the beginning. Sorry! ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 12, 2012, 12:42:40 pm »

Jumping knee to the groin, elbow to the head.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 12, 2012, 12:51:00 pm »

1- What manner would you like to have it clamped to your arm with? As per making it adhere to things at the touch of a button, the magnets are easy but what about the chemical means? How would you like to do that?
2-I get the first part, but "and other the body of a different one," confuses me.
((1- I would like the weapon to have something akin to claws to "hug" around my forearm and maybe even arm when I needed extra stability. As for the chemical means, I would like something that expelled a very efficient industrial glue or an analogue substance through small holes on front of the weapon. Of course I would need to charge it from time to time, but it is one of the only ways I see to glue the weapon to very hard chitin or any kind of biological armor lacking metal.
2-Typos and confusion.I'll try to make it clear here:))
-He introduces a kinetic amp to the tip of one model and other the body of a different one, reinforcing the latter's bit, and test both for their effectivity.

means this:

-He introduces a kinetic amp to the tip of one model and another amp to the metal rod's body of a new piledriver, reinforcing the latter's tip, and tests both for their effectiveness.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 12, 2012, 01:43:37 pm »

Spoiler: Charactor sheet (click to show/hide)

((Sorry If I didn't make it clear))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 12, 2012, 02:31:20 pm »

((What if I had a trident like shape on the front of the drill, with the filament going over the three prongs, which has the shorter two slope the filament into the drill))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #790 on: May 12, 2012, 03:18:17 pm »

clicks the dual option and picks a copy of himself with the same weapon.Two trials, one try ((what choices do I have?Maybe you can put the general VR machine choices on the first post of the thread to make this easier.))
You create a duplicate of yourself/ and arm him with the same weapon and ammo as you. The instant the simulation starts you both take aim and fire at each other.
[con wep:3]
[clone con:3]
You both miss your shot in eerily identical ways, tearing small chunks out of each others sides.
[end:1]
[clone end:3]
You fall on the ground, grabbing at the gash in your side, and screaming a torrent of curses that are incomprehensible even to you. Your clone seems to be handling the pain slightly better.

((Sorry, totally misunderstood it! Thanks, now I get it.  :) ))
Fork the research project into two branches. In the first, try changing the design so that the spike is really hammered and it's the hammer that bears the kinetic amplifier and is magnetically moved.
((Closer to the original jackhammer design, allows the spike to be sharpened and, possibly, be made of non-magnetic material))
In the second, use the design as it is. Then, with the both designs, forego the small-scale oscillation and make the spike swing at maximum amplitude. Test their efficiency and compare to each other.
((Looks like you were right from the beginning. Sorry! ))
You create a more traditional jackhammer design and place the kinetic amplifier on the mechanical hammer inside the machine. You strap it to your forearm and turn it on. On the first blow the hammer strikes the chisel and succeeds not only on practically tearing the machine in half but also sends the chisel hurling off into the distance. Huh.

The second design, the mechanically driven spike with a kinetic amplifier on the end, designed to extend forcefully when you punch it forward, Successfully punches holes through everything you put it up against, up to and including the thinner plates of a battle suit.

Jumping knee to the groin, elbow to the head.
[dex:4]
[CN dex:4]
[strength:4]
[CN strength:2]
Your knee connects to his groin as his fist connects to your jaw. You roll with the punch but Mr. Norris seems rather more effected.

1- What manner would you like to have it clamped to your arm with? As per making it adhere to things at the touch of a button, the magnets are easy but what about the chemical means? How would you like to do that?
2-I get the first part, but "and other the body of a different one," confuses me.
((1- I would like the weapon to have something akin to claws to "hug" around my forearm and maybe even arm when I needed extra stability. As for the chemical means, I would like something that expelled a very efficient industrial glue or an analogue substance through small holes on front of the weapon. Of course I would need to charge it from time to time, but it is one of the only ways I see to glue the weapon to very hard chitin or any kind of biological armor lacking metal.
2-Typos and confusion.I'll try to make it clear here:))

means this:

-He introduces a kinetic amp to the tip of one model and another amp to the metal rod's body of a new piledriver, reinforcing the latter's tip, and tests both for their effectiveness.

Those claws are gonna have to be clinging pretty hard not to just slip down, but it's possible. Glue from holes, got it. As per attaching a kinetic amplifier to the body of the rod, that won't really do anything besides letting you smack people with the side of it.

((What if I had a trident like shape on the front of the drill, with the filament going over the three prongs, which has the shorter two slope the filament into the drill))

So basically two separate wires, each attached to the tip of the drill and then slanting downward, following the body of the drill till they attach to a lower bracket? 

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #791 on: May 12, 2012, 03:18:49 pm »

((Uh... what do I do now? o_o))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 12, 2012, 03:51:51 pm »

((Uh... what do I do now? o_o))
((Wake up. Talk to the doctor. I dunno.

@GM: Didn't Erik's arms have amps inside them? I meant to put an amp inside the body of the rod  :P Also, that is only my second option, I think the one with the amp directly on the tip will work out better.
And the claws could have an electromagnetic system, so they would clamp tightly on my arm, but only when activated.))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 04:09:52 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 12, 2012, 03:57:45 pm »

Stomp on one of Chuck Norris's knees, and then hit him with a chop to the neck.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 12, 2012, 04:01:04 pm »

((Just as the tip, piercing the target, opening a hole for the drill to go into and tear apart the target))
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 2101