_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5801543 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

i am a sour loser right now. walk up close, kidny kick. take weapon.  shoot both hands.  shoot remaining foot. same kidny kick. tribal lighting dance with a couple shots to the lungs and, collapse his skull with mine.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@IronyOwl Alas, poor robots!  ;)
@GM Actually, what constitutes a gauss rifle round? Just a steel or other ferromagnetic solid slug, shaped bullet-like for better trajectories when fired in the vicinity of an atmosphere? EDIT: Just read your post again and saw the answer. Thanks!))
Spawn some steel garbage, then melt it into gauss rifle ammo (use a casting mould based off the standart rounds) and test it; compare to the standart-issue priojectiles.
Compare the cutting power of a laser rifle (1X intensity), expanded laser rifle (you know, that one laser rifle improved to accept cutting laser battery as power source; also 1X intesity), cutting laser and the high energy projector. Oh, and the cutting torch and the monoatomic razor.
Test and see if the standart laser rifle battery can be recharged, what changes have to be made to it to allow recharging, and how much a rechargeable variant would cost in tokens.

Steve, if I remember correctly, quite often HMRC missions require retrieving dangerous xenos artifacts, right? So far the artifacts our unit have brought on board have been rather small. But what if one of the mission objectives turned to be a two-storey house-sized artifact weighting several tons (I have no doubts in the Paracelsus’ Sword cargo capacity, only in the shuttles')? How would it be transported? For once, how is the ARSC transported into the fray, and, more importantly, back?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:38:51 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno checks for the prices of some metal-dissolving chemicals.

((@GM: I thought Doomsday would go liquid instead. Bad chemical death weapon.

Also, it seems that a modified shunt plus enormous skill may be the best build. If each +1 to int rolls also adds to the shunt, then I think it would take 15 missions to amass 75 int (not taking in consideration the amount she had before) to get +5 to intelligence rolls and thus to shunt ones. Note: I meant the armory master. I don't want to follow that path, being someone's copycat is boring.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 08:45:56 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

"Thanks. Oh, as a veteran of the HRMC, do you have any tips on how to not die? Besides not shoting yourself in the foot?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Nikitian: If you want to build and use my piledriver, you are welcome by the way. It'll just be hard for me to find a way to RP it...By the way I think it is about time, so Milno'll be organizing a VR Training Session for the fresh meat to have an idea of how it is out there. Anyone willing to take part in it, go for the VR Machines.
Edit: Difficulty will vary according to the number of voluntaries.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:45:07 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

((Later. I need to fix my rifle.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@Caellath Currently compiling my research projects list, so would love to test some of its contents in a team combat. Also, I suggest calling up some aliens - we haven't really fighted them yet. Especially the bugs - you know, a living carpet of tiny lethal bugs. Good luck to us conscripts dealing with them without a Tesla Arc  ;)
Also, I'd probably go and individually ask each tinkerer if he or she would be okay with placing their inventions (with all respective credit) in the alternative armory list. Hopefully by the time I get to ask Milno this idea would already be widely accepted  :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Nikitian: I am unleashing Erik on you. More than one, if you want to bring your shiny weapons to the fray.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

((@Caellath Now that I understand, yeah *grin*. And yes, multiple Eriks, and no, no shiny weapons, I think - just some basic/cheap stuff, no more than 5 or 7 tokens worth, to test the initial firepower a coscript can field (you know, with the possibility of borrowing tokens from Milno - for specified interest - and such things).))
Past Sigs

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Thomas attempts his rather insane idea, testing at higher and higher thruster torque until he can cut through a battlesuit using both the filament tipped drill and the filament drill

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

Seeing the Doctor is tied up ((mindraping Faith)), go back to the sims, test the Gauss Amp shell on a battlesuit.

((I'll join in the training session, just message my VR program when you're up and ready.))
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:57:31 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Close enough.

New Scenario:

Equipment: None

Enemy: Armory Master

Weapons: None

Position: Adjacent

INPUT DEBUG:

> FILE 'ARMORY MASTER'

> MODIFY LUST: +999%
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Can't stop laughing.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

INPUT DEBUG:

> FILE 'ARMORY MASTER'

(([Aux roll:1-1]
INPUT DEBUG:

> ERROR

>SEARCHING FOR CLOSEST APPLICABLE VALUE

> MODIFY RAGE: +999%
))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(WOOO This RTD has made it into the hall of fame! Thanks everyone!)

Faith let out a relieved sigh. She was dreading that to be longer. And more... thorough.

"Thanks," she said, leaving unhurriedly for the VR machines again.

She plopped back down into a VR chair, trying to remember all the ideas she had suddenly thought about trying while about to be brain molested in an effort to find a cure for brain molestation. She also kind of wished she didn't have enough medical knowledge for that to make perfect sense.

Load up an abandoned city with an army of cheap robots armed with laser rifles. Set self to invincible. Attempt to summon Arbiter to battle robots, and observe from rooftop.

You load up an abandoned city and about a dozen Jim like robots armed with laser rifles one one side of the street. Then you place an Arbiter on the other side, set the two sides to oppose each other, set yourself to neutral, place yourself a top a building and then hit start.

The fight is difficult to follow, the Arbiter moves so quickly that it's little more then a dark blur whizzing among the robotic forces. There are a rapid series of thunder claps and shockwaves as it's kinetic cudgel whips out in great arcs, hurling shattered robotic remains in all directions. You're fairly certain you see a few of the robots get suddenly torn from their positions, seemingly by nothing, and hurled away or severed into pieces. It's over in less then a few seconds and the arbiter is standing amongst the shattered bodies, undamaged and completely still, its club hidden beneath its cloak again.

i am a sour loser right now. walk up close, kidny kick. take weapon.  shoot both hands.  shoot remaining foot. same kidny kick. tribal lighting dance with a couple shots to the lungs and, collapse his skull with mine.
You walk up to the very unhappy clone [dex:6][str:5+1] and swing your massive robotic foot up straight into the small of his back, snapping his spine and folding him completely in half. You grab his weapon and attempt to pin his arms and legs to the ground [con:2,6,6] You miss your first shot, even from point blank range, but the other shots do manage to pin his limbs to the ground. They pin them to the ground about 10 feet away, but thats beyond the point. [dex:6][str:5+1] You kick him again, this time simply tearing his body in half and flinging the upper chuck a few feet.

A quick reload later and you walk over to him [con:6] and shoot him in the chest, bursting it like a rotten melon. You grab whats left of him by the head and slam it into your chest plate [str:4+1] It detonates into a spray of gore. Yeah, he seems pretty dead.

((@IronyOwl Alas, poor robots!  ;)
@GM Actually, what constitutes a gauss rifle round? Just a steel or other ferromagnetic solid slug, shaped bullet-like for better trajectories when fired in the vicinity of an atmosphere? EDIT: Just read your post again and saw the answer. Thanks!))
Spawn some steel garbage, then melt it into gauss rifle ammo (use a casting mould based off the standart rounds) and test it; compare to the standart-issue priojectiles.
Compare the cutting power of a laser rifle (1X intensity), expanded laser rifle (you know, that one laser rifle improved to accept cutting laser battery as power source; also 1X intesity), cutting laser and the high energy projector. Oh, and the cutting torch and the monoatomic razor.
Test and see if the standart laser rifle battery can be recharged, what changes have to be made to it to allow recharging, and how much a rechargeable variant would cost in tokens.

Steve, if I remember correctly, quite often HMRC missions require retrieving dangerous xenos artifacts, right? So far the artifacts our unit have brought on board have been rather small. But what if one of the mission objectives turned to be a two-storey house-sized artifact weighting several tons (I have no doubts in the Paracelsus’ Sword cargo capacity, only in the shuttles')? How would it be transported? For once, how is the ARSC transported into the fray, and, more importantly, back?

>We have larger ships then the ones you're used to, we just have to use those.

Your melted and reformed gauss rifle round seems to work as well as a standard one.

You test the various lasers against a MK I suit. The laser rifle burns through after about 2 seconds of focused burning. The expanded one goes through in half that time. The cutting laser slices it completely in half with just a momentary sweep, and the High energy projector makes the entire suit vanish. The cutting torch works as well as the cutting laser, though you have to be right up next to the suit for it to work at all, and the razor cuts and explodes whatever it touches.

The laser rifle battery appears to run via the reaction of two chemicals, and this reaction is what generates the power. The battery is drained of power when these chemicals have all completely reacted and formed an inert substance. It would be pretty much impossible to recharge this without simply cracking the battery open and refilling it.

Milno checks for the prices of some metal-dissolving chemicals.

((@GM: I thought Doomsday would go liquid instead. Bad chemical death weapon.

Also, it seems that a modified shunt plus enormous skill may be the best build. If each +1 to int rolls also adds to the shunt, then I think it would take 15 missions to amass 75 int (not taking in consideration the amount she had before) to get +5 to intelligence rolls and thus to shunt ones. Note: I meant the armory master. I don't want to follow that path, being someone's copycat is boring.))
Shunt uses Int as well as Battery power as it's "fuel" and Uncon wep for rolls, like what Pychokinetic amps do with Will. You just don't see any of those numbers because...well, can you quantify for yourself exactly how focused you are? So high int will fuel  greater actions with the shunt, but you'll still need the high uncon wep levels too.

Also, space is like 3 degrees K, you're lucky if Hydrogen isn't solid, let alone complex substances.

As per metal dissolving substances: Cheapest is gonna be 3 token, an industrial chemical called Etchex which is used to etch and cut metal chemically. Most expensive is gonna be 15 tokens, a military grade chemical used for breaching starship hulls. It doesn't really have a name as much as it has a number, but it's commonly called "The ram" because of it's use opening up holes for boarding parties. There's a middle range one at 7 that is used in scrap yards to dissolve certain metals away from others. It and the etchex won't work on all metals, since they're designed for only specific ones.

Seeing the Doctor is tied up ((mindraping Faith)), go back to the sims, test the Gauss Amp shell on a battlesuit.

((I'll join in the training session, just message my VR program when you're up and ready.))
The round strikes, producing a thunderclap and a small shockwave and knocks the battle suit back, cracking armor and knocking it to the ground.

Thomas attempts his rather insane idea, testing at higher and higher thruster torque until he can cut through a battlesuit using both the filament tipped drill and the filament drill
The filament drill doesn't need the thrusters, it cuts through just fine, if not terribly fast. The normal drill with just the tip on the other hand is gonna have problems. You test out the idea of using thrusters to counter the resistance of the drill and find another problem. The thrusters work fine as long as the resistance stays the same, but as the drill digs deeper, the resistance rises. In order to get it to work you'll need to have some sort of system to make sure the resistance provided by the thrusters spinning opposite to the drill is equal to what is needed, as well as adding thrusters to the back to aid in pushing the drill in.

Close enough.

New Scenario:

Equipment: None

Enemy: Armory Master

Weapons: None

Position: Adjacent

INPUT DEBUG:

> FILE 'ARMORY MASTER'

(I swear to god I actually did roll this)
[aux:1-1]
ERROR. CRITICAL SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. SENDING DETAILS OF MALFUNCTION TO TECHNICIAN: ARMORY MASTER. PLEASE WAIT FOR ASSISTANCE.

uh-oh. 
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 2101