_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5808367 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: The Circle of Depravity
« Reply #1725 on: May 25, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »

Taking the design of the cyber-spider legs' method of sticking to things and implement it in the footpads of a pair of legs like This.

The entire thing scaled down to humanoid size, of course.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:21:21 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: May 25, 2012, 05:41:24 pm »

Neil walks right up to the machine and pokes a random button.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: May 25, 2012, 05:45:04 pm »

Ask Steve, VR simulation, and/or AM what the price of a shoebox generator would be, then check on price and capacity of, say, one the size of an oil drum.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1728 on: May 25, 2012, 06:19:39 pm »

((@IronyOwl But what makes you think they are going to lose that much people? I mean, everyone falls, everyone except Jim breaks his/her neck, Jim looks at his incapacitated comrades, realizes he has to hack up and then burn the bodies lest they rise again and shamble after him, then runs babbling through the tunnels screaming about zombies until Steve puts a building-sized nuclear-tipped gauss slug through the base and likely the moon it's on.))
((FTFY))
((I liked this version better, but Jim just broke his fall.))

((@GM: So was that the shunt's biggest weakness?))

Milno browses the records for some kind of reasonably effective presence-cloaking device.
(Pretty much. Shooting them before the know whats going on is pretty much the only guaranteed way to get around it)
Now when you say "presence" do you mean total presence or just one of the senses? Like something that just makes you harder to see or something that makes you hard to see, hear, smell, etc.

((@IronyOwl But what makes you think they are going to lose that much people? I mean, everyone falls, everyone except Jim breaks his/her neck, Jim looks at his incapacitated comrades, realizes he has to hack up and then burn the bodies lest they rise again and shamble after him, then runs babbling through the tunnels screaming about zombies until Steve puts a building-sized nuclear-tipped gauss slug through the base and likely the moon it's on.))
((FTFY))
(( xD Well, that is also possible.
@piecewise Thanks for the hint, the MEHMRCMS turns out actually really helpful to learn the basics of survival :) - thank you for the idea, Caellath ))
I suppose now that I'm once again alone here, I don't get another chance, right?
Exit the simulation, then gulp down the remaining ... drink in two or three takes, and move to the armory.
I'm sorry for bothering you once more, Reverend Comrade whose name yet remains unknown, but I have heard the armory is stocked with recreational drugs. By any chance, does that include tea? Simple black tea, of any quality or brand?
You get out of the vr machine and down the rest of your drink before wandering off to the armory.

Taking the design of the cyber-spider legs' method of sticking to things and implement it in the footpads of a pair of legs like This.

The entire thing scaled down to humanoid size, of course.
For you to implement them it would mean you would have to have tripod like hooves on those legs. That ok?

Neil walks right up to the machine and pokes a random button.
You take a seat at the vr machine and press a random button on the keyboard. It beeps and displays a menu of programs.
>Battle of Hexbarax
>Poacher
>Punch many things
>Duel
>Tinker

Ask Steve, VR simulation, and/or AM what the price of a shoebox generator would be, then check on price and capacity of, say, one the size of an oil drum.
One the size of a shoe box would be about 4 token and recharge a laser rifle battery in about 5 minutes.  One the size of an oil drum would be about 10 and recharge the same battery in about 30 seconds.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: May 25, 2012, 06:22:47 pm »

((I meant the lunch vending machine))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: May 25, 2012, 06:27:16 pm »

Thomas heads to the VR chamber, where he pulls up a cutting torch and a BS. He tests how intense the beam has to be to pierce it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: May 25, 2012, 06:32:24 pm »

(Pretty much. Shooting them before the know whats going on is pretty much the only guaranteed way to get around it)
Now when you say "presence" do you mean total presence or just one of the senses? Like something that just makes you harder to see or something that makes you hard to see, hear, smell, etc.
((I was creating very difficult theories and discarding such a simple thing. Meh, I should think more like my character.

Harder to both. Visual will take priority because those must be the cheaper ones, but I would also like to browse the more expensive options, which I assume contain the whole "can't detect me" package.))

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: May 25, 2012, 06:33:20 pm »

So long as it's only a triplet of pads on each foot, it's okay.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: May 25, 2012, 06:33:37 pm »

Reach the armory and look if the armory master is inside. If she is, wait until the armory master is not busy (if she currently is, otherwise disregard the waiting) and say to her
I'm sorry for bothering you once more, Reverend Comrade whose name yet remains unknown, but I have heard the armory is stocked with recreational drugs. By any chance, does that include tea? Simple black tea, of any quality or brand?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: May 25, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »

"Hrmmm. I need to protect the extra chambers. I could use some scrap metal, but I don't have anymore tokens. Well, I did see a pile of junk in the mess hall, so I could rummage around in there. And I still need to ask people for permission to view their projects. So, I guess i'm going to the mess hall."

Go to the Mess Hall.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: May 25, 2012, 07:12:32 pm »

May pokes Empyrean.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1736 on: May 25, 2012, 07:18:34 pm »

"What?"

Empyrean is startled out of a staring-into-space bout.

"Erm... what are you going to do now?", she says while suddenly being aware of May holding her hand.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: May 25, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »

"Erm... what are you going to do now?", she says while suddenly being aware of May holding her hand.
((Molest you.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:39 pm »

"What?"

Empyrean is startled out of a staring-into-space bout.

"Whatever you're going to do."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1739 on: May 25, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »

"I don't think there's much to do... Maybe those VR machine things? I haven't really tried them yet."

Head over to VR. Call up Help menu.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 2101