_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5805393 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread: In which I fail to be helpful
« Reply #2070 on: June 04, 2012, 01:36:53 am »

((The shield isnt newly foot thick, it was just about that before, I just rearranged the layers.))

Repeat tests after removing the tertiary reflective layer, as well as the 2 thinnest layers of both hard and soft armors.

Then check the price on such a thing, as well as what would be needed to use it.

((Now I'm just confused with the whole energy thing. I preferred battery life being given in seconds.))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:38:33 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: June 04, 2012, 02:05:26 am »

(( If I understand it correctly, those things are not the capacity. To calculate the total capacity the battery life in seconds (or number of uses, as actually the seconds are just second-long discrete uses, as we cannot fire such weapons for less than a second) is to be multiplied by those power units.
Well, that or there's something else which I'm missing :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: June 04, 2012, 02:18:12 am »

Lukas immediately exits the VR after his virtual death. "I knew that the soft beeping meant something bad was going to happen. Ah, well. Let's see what is one the television."

Go to the television and see what's on. If no one else is watching, start flipping through the channels.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2073 on: June 04, 2012, 05:30:33 am »

I know I'm hopelessly outclassed. Let's try this...

Remove myself from room, but keep awareness. Spawn an immediately detonate the largest nuclear weapon I can find. Observe.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: June 04, 2012, 06:32:38 am »

Become a Penguin.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: June 04, 2012, 11:24:04 am »

Renen gets out of the VR machine and walks around, looking for a library.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2076 on: June 04, 2012, 11:54:28 am »

Test the aforementioned improved exoskeleton configuration; start with small increase of the negative feedback and slowly raise it.

See how much the energy capacitors totalling 600 TPU (double that of the HEP (high energy projector) shot)  would cost in tokens.

Try replacing the Tesla Arc Battery with 5 gauss rifle power generators.

You test the exoskeleton with your increased negative feedback settings. A few problems become almost immediately clear. First, while the exoskeleton does boost your movement speed, it has the unintentional side effect of also making your movements more exaggerated because you can't react quickly enough to stop as you intended. And thats at lower settings. At higher settings the sheer speed of the exoskeleton outpaces the speed of your arm and can end up causing your arm to smack into the opposing sensors, which causes the exoskeleton to jerk back in the opposite direction, causing you to again slap the opposing sensors. Such vibration is so fast that it becomes almost impossible to stop and ends up pummeling your arm to paste in some cases. Not to mention that it makes doing practically anything impossible.

You can do that in a few ways:using lots of small capacitors or a few large ones or one really large one.  Lots of small ones tends to be lighter over all but also more expensive and fragile. Larger ones are less expensive but heavier and sturdier.

You successfully integrate the generators onto the Tesla arc in lieu of its normal battery.

((The shield isnt newly foot thick, it was just about that before, I just rearranged the layers.))

Repeat tests after removing the tertiary reflective layer, as well as the 2 thinnest layers of both hard and soft armors.

Then check the price on such a thing, as well as what would be needed to use it.

((Now I'm just confused with the whole energy thing. I preferred battery life being given in seconds.))
(those numbers I posted don't have anything to do with battery life. The armory numbers still stand, those numbers just show the relationship between the energy sources and the magnitudes of energy produced. If You don't want to tinker with em, just ignore it)
As per the cost of that shield of yours...well each layer of cloth is gonna be 3 token, each reflective layer is 1 token and each hard layer is 2 token. So work it out from there.

Lukas immediately exits the VR after his virtual death. "I knew that the soft beeping meant something bad was going to happen. Ah, well. Let's see what is one the television."

Go to the television and see what's on. If no one else is watching, start flipping through the channels.
You get out of the vr machine and wander over to the couch, vaulting over the back and onto the cushions. You grab the remote from the ground and start flipping through the channels.  There doesn't seem to be much on, save for the Death sports.

I know I'm hopelessly outclassed. Let's try this...

Remove myself from room, but keep awareness. Spawn an immediately detonate the largest nuclear weapon I can find. Observe.
The largest one? Um, well that wouldn't fit in the room.
Become a Penguin.
[will:6-1] You instantly and immediately become a penguin.

Renen gets out of the VR machine and walks around, looking for a library.
You wander around, looking for some sort of large repository of information, completely ignoring the internet enabled computers. You do not find any large collections of books on board.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:21:38 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 04, 2012, 12:04:04 pm »

((@GM: May (TCM) wanted to turn into a penguin, not Empyrean (Skyrunner).))
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:09:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2078 on: June 04, 2012, 12:20:58 pm »

((@GM: May (TCM) wanted to turn into a penguin, not Empyrean (Skyrunner).))
Huh, the quote didn't show up. Weird. May's quote should be between those two sentences.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 04, 2012, 12:23:12 pm »

See if having a (significantly) greater amount of dexterity would improve the reaction time enough to benefit from the (lower settings) increased negative feedback without that drawback. Also see if those exaggerated movements still prove useful in accomplishing simple, straight maneuvers (such as charging or dashing out of danger's way).

Use the largest and cheapest capacitors available. Check their prices and weight.

Test if the upgraded Tesla Arc can fire continiously for indefinite amount of time, as planned, or something prevents it.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 04, 2012, 12:54:51 pm »

Preform Penguin duties.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2081 on: June 04, 2012, 01:32:39 pm »

Okay, clarification: Largest yield nuke that actually fits in the room. Detonate as soon as it's spawned.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2082 on: June 04, 2012, 06:25:03 pm »

The next mission is pretty much all nice and set up now. It's gonna be a dual team mission with two teams going in at once.  Most people have had at least one mission now or fucked around on simulators enough to get the hang of things so we can ramp things up.

Preform Penguin duties.
You waddle about and generally do penguiny things.

Okay, clarification: Largest yield nuke that actually fits in the room. Detonate as soon as it's spawned.
You place a very large atomic weapon in the enclosure, teleport yourself outside and set it off. Or at least you try to. It doesn't seem to respond to it's remote.

See if having a (significantly) greater amount of dexterity would improve the reaction time enough to benefit from the (lower settings) increased negative feedback without that drawback. Also see if those exaggerated movements still prove useful in accomplishing simple, straight maneuvers (such as charging or dashing out of danger's way).

Use the largest and cheapest capacitors available. Check their prices and weight.

Test if the upgraded Tesla Arc can fire continiously for indefinite amount of time, as planned, or something prevents it.

Higher dex will help to a degree, but as a normal human there are limits to your reactive speed. Neurons need a bit to react after all.

As per helping with simple things, it seems like it would, assuming you planned well enough. The problem being that it requires a degree of dexterity to run rather then high step.

You fire off the tesla arc for a bit and it seems to be performing nicely up through it's normal operational time and a little bit beyond. However it quickly begins to degrade in performance and soon becomes completely inoperable.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 04, 2012, 06:33:06 pm »

Thomas leaves the VR room and goes to the TV. He starts flipping through channels.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 04, 2012, 06:45:17 pm »

Thomas leaves the VR room and goes to the TV. He starts flipping through channels.

Follow Thomas.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 2101