_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5809226 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Don't poke the arch-demon.
« Reply #11970 on: February 17, 2013, 04:19:07 am »

Victor asks the Doctor "What turned that HMRC member into a demonic cidada? Should we try to retrieve a flesh sample if we have to kill it?"
He checks his wristpad every so often to check up on Ivan through his turret unit.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11971 on: February 17, 2013, 04:26:27 am »

((Ahhhhh, I love inconclusive statistics gathering.

You'll want to use the table tags to get everything to line up, though it is more effort than just typing everything out and tabbing it around. It's that 3x3 grid button below Font Face and to the far left of the spoiler button. The td tags are for items in a colum, the tr for a new row.

Like so   takes some copy+pasting
Also pie   Derp
))
((Alright, I will try to use that from now on (and I figure it out). And there will be no pie-abominations. Those heretics who turned away from the monouse of simple tables will  be crushed and (insert favorite torture here):P))

The fuck is going on here? I never posted that...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11972 on: February 17, 2013, 04:55:00 am »

((Well, that could have been better. Could have been worse though, so can't complain. Also, the hand laser battery is only good for 50 seconds anyways - I never got around to feeding it off the generator - so unless this means that the generator just cuts out periodically, and may fizzle out unexpectedly during firing, I think I'm good for now. Still, it's cause for some rebuilding later.))

Anton frowns at the generator. In his experience, little flaws like these never meant anything good in the long run. He looks the unit over thoughtfully for a while, then sets it aside with a sigh. "Well, nothing to it for now. First pancake is always spoiled, as they say. Now, let's get the rest of this hooked up.."

As he sets to work on the laser glove and spark gap assembly, Anton speaks out into the air, talking to Steve.
"Steve, I was wondering. This... Ivan, the mutant. On a scale of "scared little girl" to "main battle tank", how susceptible would you say he is to electric shock?" He stops for a moment and looks up, again looking for something to speak at. "I'd just like to know whether I should shoot on sight or run and hide, if you know what I mean."

Examine generator to see if it can be later remade without requiring more parts.

Consult the saved schematic and continue assembly of the Red Hand.

Converse with Steve.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11973 on: February 17, 2013, 09:51:50 am »

Add in some random Team Members based on records of them, set them to be allied with me.
Practice a few more rounds.
Try to emphasize use of Psychokinetic Amp
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11974 on: February 17, 2013, 10:12:13 am »

"Alright. Thats good. Now, I know you have a kill switch. They wouldn't let you run around without one. Can you activate it?"

Open beer, take a sip, then pass it to the demon.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #11975 on: February 17, 2013, 11:27:33 am »

Keep on being ready and analyzing.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11976 on: February 17, 2013, 12:47:29 pm »

((Is this okay, or should I build something more conventional?

Name:  Vichislav (Vich) Freidberg (Thanks Toaster and others.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Appearance: 1.97m. For the most part, a pretty ordinary appearance of a person who had good nutrition in the childhood, and [I am very bad at writing physical descriptions].
       Facial appearance: It can still be seen that his was once it was a good-looking face. That was before his lips and his nose were cut off. His ears were cut to half their original size. To add to all this, he is missing both of his eyes, which by the scars of his face look like they burned out with hot iron. He emits a constant clicking sound from his mouth as he walks, stopping only in conversations. He can lift his scalp at will.

Personal information:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reason assigned to HMRC: Volunteer

Strength:
Dexterity:
Endurance:
Charisma:   10
Intelligence:
Willpower:   
(10 points TBD when mission starts)

Speech: 3
Auxiliary systems: 1
[1 point TBD]

Retired Spy (Grunt): +1 Speech, -1 Conventional Weapons   [+2 against torture?]
  Unique features: Blind, visual parts of brain damaged, moves by echolocation and has an MK system built for it.

Well, here's my first character. Very unsuited for HMRC. I don't think he will last long))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 06:39:41 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11977 on: February 17, 2013, 01:56:59 pm »

Name: TBD (myself? Any ideas how I should name him?)
((how to name space elves:
mash keyboard for about 5-15 characters
add vowel if none extant
attempt to pronounce, if literally unspeakable, you have named your character, if speakable, restart.

how to name space humans:
consonant, vowel, consonant, consonant, vowel, consonant.
attempt to pronounce, if literally unspeakable, restart. if speakable, you have named your character.

any questions?))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:03:10 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11978 on: February 17, 2013, 02:03:54 pm »

((Or use this. Bonus points for using a name like "Willannan Goldbludgeon, Knowledge Seeker" :P

Or if you want a normal name, this.))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:05:35 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11979 on: February 17, 2013, 02:10:16 pm »

((I was looking less for a RNG (I can find those myself,) and more for an actual name. Thearpox itself, was taken out of an RNG, so I'm perfectly fine with going naming myself after myself. But if someone has an actual name appropriate for my character (example: Steve for computer, Jim for tin man, and so on) I would appreciate it. Otherwise (most probably) I am just going with myself. This problem with me picking it, is simply that I hate all my choices and will probably spend 8 hours on it. Sorry to make work for you.))
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:12:03 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11980 on: February 17, 2013, 02:35:01 pm »

((How the fungus can we suggest a name appropriate for your character? What do you mean "Appropriate"? Nobody has "appropriate" names. If anything, Steve could have been better named Dave, as a throwback to Odyssey 2001. The nomenclature is not set. There are no names but the ones we make for ourselves. The nomenclature is not set.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11981 on: February 17, 2013, 02:41:55 pm »

((@Thearpox: As a note, I don't think piecewise has allowed anyone to start with unique features and/or bonuses. He did allow Simus to start with prosthetics, for example, but only because they were civilian ones and still sent pain impulses to her brain.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11982 on: February 17, 2013, 02:49:26 pm »

((Thrak started with a prosthetic hand as well.  I think as long as it's civilian AKA bonus-neutral, he doesn't mind.  You could always run it past him in PM- I'm sure he'd work with you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11983 on: February 17, 2013, 02:50:04 pm »

((How the fungus can we suggest a name appropriate for your character? What do you mean "Appropriate"? Nobody has "appropriate" names. If anything, Steve could have been better named Dave, as a throwback to Odyssey 2001. The nomenclature is not set. There are no names but the ones we make for ourselves. The nomenclature is not set.))
((If you don't know, don't bother. The point is, I don't like choosing names. I could spend a lot of time explaining how my brain works and doesn't, but I don't think it is worth it. Maybe someone will understand what I mean, maybe not. I'm fine either way. Don't worry about it.))
((@Thearpox: As a note, I don't think piecewise has allowed anyone to start with unique features and/or bonuses. He did allow Simus to start with prosthetics, for example, but only because they were civilian ones and still sent pain impulses to her brain.))
((The big difference here, is that I'm not asking to be a superhuman avatar-dressed macho. I'm asking to be blind. No one tried that before. Whether PW allows it or not is his call (he could technically just have the doctor fix me three turns after my awakening). It's worth a shot either way, even if it is just a negative confirmation.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11984 on: February 17, 2013, 02:58:19 pm »

((I don't see why he wouldn't allow a disability.  Most of our characters are morons.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 797 798 [799] 800 801 ... 2101