_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5802427 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22110 on: December 23, 2013, 11:48:11 am »

A free spin on the old Roulette Of Death wheel for everyone!  And death is replaced with Steve slapping you in the bum repeatedly, in the spirit of Christmas!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #22111 on: December 23, 2013, 12:58:42 pm »

((I do like the Nyars box idea. At least it would add more pieces for the symbol puzzle.  :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22112 on: December 23, 2013, 01:02:25 pm »

(( I think a !!!FUN!!! Toy from Nyars for everyone sounds good.
@syvaris, I was imagining that the Order's armor would look akin to this http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110709194304/fallout/images/d/da/T51_power_armor.png, but it could also be a weaker strain that helped their survival for so long.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22113 on: December 23, 2013, 02:33:09 pm »

((I do like the Nyars box idea. At least it would add more pieces for the symbol puzzle.  :P))

((I had an idea about that a while back, when I saw the post about Lars reading the God-book.
All those gods had symbols right? Well a bunch of them were things like a triangle or other shapes that could be replicated geometrically.....

Also I'm kinda convinced the colors are based around what skill they use, I.E. Gold=Exotic.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22114 on: December 23, 2013, 02:52:53 pm »

(( Yeah, the Nyras gift was mostly cause I was struggling for suggestions. As I said, 'that's a sure way to increase the insanity rapidly.' And cause I think people have been avoiding poor Nyras. He needs some love :P ))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22115 on: December 23, 2013, 02:54:30 pm »

((Man, Nyars and I have had good times. Well, good times punctuated by extreme, bowel-shattering terror, but good times nonetheless.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #22116 on: December 23, 2013, 03:01:48 pm »

((There's a few more skills than there are Nyars-colors, but it's a guideline, along with armory categories. I think we're pretty clear with red being weaponry, blue being medical, and gold being weird alien stuff. Purple and green are a bit more debatable. It's the shapes and stripes that are least understood.

(( Yeah, the Nyras gift was mostly cause I was struggling for suggestions. As I said, 'that's a sure way to increase the insanity rapidly.' And cause I think people have been avoiding poor Nyras. He needs some love :P ))
I would like to pay him another visit. Gorat, however, has better things to do with his tokens right now.
))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22117 on: December 23, 2013, 03:07:40 pm »

((I had an idea about that a while back, when I saw the post about Lars reading the God-book.
All those gods had symbols right? Well a bunch of them were things like a triangle or other shapes that could be replicated geometrically.....

((A quick study of those showed no link.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22118 on: December 23, 2013, 03:11:50 pm »

((A quick study of those showed no link.))
((He is taking about the HMRC pantheon.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22119 on: December 23, 2013, 04:08:35 pm »

((So am I.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22120 on: December 23, 2013, 04:32:21 pm »

((Since whoever it was I was talking to has not replied.))
Go looking for anyone who looks even slightly important.
((AM, Doctor, hint hint.))
You got a reply from steve, The big Bot in charge,  back a few pages.

No. What is going on?
>Then I guess you're being transferred straight into combat ops. Go down that hall, out the hanger door, hang a left and climb up onto the Cage structure until you find an elevator down to the ground level. Then look around for what looks like a 4 armed marble statue with an anthropomorphic cat riding on it's shoulder.  He'll take you down into a physics defying flesh hell where you will learn the meaning of regret.

Now, if you want to ignore that and head to the doctor or something, you can do that.
((I'll take a quick rundown. I'm kinda at page 112 in both threads... On 50 posts per page, so I have no clue as to what's happening.  :P))

Alright:
1.We've rebelled from the UWM
2. We're now called ARM
3. Jim and Miyamoto Now lead the Open Combat troops, Milno is head of Covert Ops, Simus is fixing to be overseer of R&D and Steve is walking around in a Synthflesh body, being all snarky but now with the added bonus of hand gestures and bemused facial expressions.
4.We're getting ready to repel a UWM invasion. It has been hinted that many people may die during this.
5.We Now Control Hephaestus (planet mentioned in the second (?) mission.)

I'm probably forgetting things.

((That's certainly a hilarious turn of events. We failed to clear a jump that STEPHEN HAWKING of all people made (albeit with assistance).))

"I thought it was safe! Why did you lie to me, Mr. Diplomatic Fellow? Why? I trusted you!"

Try to grab on to something on the way. If that doesn't work, make sure to land on Charles, as he should slightly soften my fall.
[Dex:1+1]
You flail helplessly at the walls, but can't dig your metal fingers into anything. Worse yet, you can't even manage to land on your team mate! How disappointing.

[end:5]
You fall over a dozen stories straight down and belly flop onto the remains of the elevator below. The wreckage, combined with your wide pose, distributes the damage as best as possible, but it's still a hell of a lot of force. You attempt to get up but your body isn't behaving every well; half the time it doesn't respond, and the other half of the time it only works jerkily. Your right leg is dead and your left arm has popped partially out of it's socket.

You can still walk and do normal movements, but you've lost a lot of mobility.

STEPHEN HAWKING decides its best to just invent apathy and start climbing.

((Pretty sure I would just get in the way on this one :P))

((Is it just me, or did BFEL STEPHEN HAWKING's quantum monologue interjection create a quantum reality split and made him be in two different points simultaneously? Because he's both in the elevator shaft and applying for duct duty.))

((Why do you think he missed the jump? On that note))

Also assist Grate in duct duty back on the ship, because apparently I'm in two places at once.

Why are you in both places?! STOP DOING THAT.

Pick one. I don't care which.

((Whelp, looks like I'm off to biomass of terror  :) ))
Yeah, last time I tried to fix something I caught my world on fire and ended up here. I'm good. So, where exactly is the combat team?
Make my way towards Jim's team

>Out that door, straight,then left, left, up the ladder, down the elevator, big hole full of soon to be dead men. You can't miss it.

Go look for Steve and see if he needs any help.

>Go with grate, if his partner turns out to be a quantum flake. If not, go with Sky to help with the armor situation.

"I've got 'em."
Jump down, catch the falling dudes with a rocket assisted descent, slow down gradually or land soft, rocket back up.
[aux:2+2]
[Dex:4+1]

Mesk hurls himself down the shaft in burst of flame and smoke, spearing straight down into the darkness. He catches up with Charles, already curled in a ball, and scoops him up before reversing his direction coming to a roaring stop.

Charles curls up into a ball and shields his braincase. That is, he activates a dynamic END bonus.
Mesk saved you! YAY!

((WARNING: FUNNY SARCASM AHEAD.))

((Since whoever it was I was talking to has not replied.))
Go looking for anyone who looks even slightly important.
((AM, Doctor, hint hint.))
"Hi!"

((Also HAHAHAHAHA wow lemming diplomats.))
((I'm still laughing, intermittantly. This is being added to my List of ER Turns with Sigged Quotes.
...I wonder what percentage of my sigged quotes are from ER.))

((Oh, 50ppp. That's why the page county's so short.))
((Nah, Page County just had an epidemic of pituitary issues.))

((Whelp, looks like I'm off to biomass of terror  :) ))
((I don't think it would be a good idea to follow Xan too closely.))

Cheerfully follow the orange guy. Prepare to fix grates!
Hold on, gotta see who is going with you. DANG IT STEPHEN !

"Yessir"
go to work horrible death

The man in orange takes you to the Rec room , through a door and into the hallways beyond. You follow the thin hallway to a service elevator and then down  another hall. It's a bit hard to keep track in this place, but you're pretty sure you're heading deeper into the ship for a while before taking another elevator back up to about the convict level height. Next, a cramped supply room where the man scans a card and opens an oversized locker. Inside is what looks like a heavy, angular hardsuit or maybe a different model of Industrial Exoskeleton. It's quite large and seems extremely sell sealed.

"Type H Hardsuit." The man says, "Older then dirt but better shielding then just about Anything else on the ship, besides the reactors themselves. Only problem is that it's not FF like the Exoskeletons you're used to. Manual, with computer aid, of course."

He looks back at you.

"Don't suppose you're rated for this or..I dunno, a power loader?"

((Oh man.  It had to be the two fullbots, too.))

Lars recoils as the two teammates fall.  "Algis, we beg your shielding hands to catch our comrades!"

If there's room for Lars to go down after them too, go help Mesk catch.  Otherwise, stay put and pray for them.

((Not sure how big this shaft is.  If it's standard civvie elevator sized, I doubt two MkIIIs can go fetch.))
Need a god of checking yourself before wrecking yourself, thats what we need. MmmmHmmmm.
I've been lurking this thread for a preetty long time.  At least since Miyamoto went deep space spear fishing.  I've just been procrastinating about actually making a sheet.  Really though, this seems like as good a time as any to join, and there's a rush of newbies anyways.

Be warned, I plan on this char being fairly RP heavy.

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Be spat out of the stasis pods.  Examine my surroundings.  Get clothes.

Hey, I remember you from perplexicon. Your Avatar is hard to forget.  Welcome aboard.

You know whats going on or...ah, I'll be gone for a week or so, I'm sure the guys will catch you up if you need help.

So you get your ass flipped upside down and out of a pod and then get dressed. Surroundings is a big dark room that's apparently been shot full of holes.

I've been lurking this thread for a preetty long time.  At least since Miyamoto went deep space spear fishing.  I've just been procrastinating about actually making a sheet.  Really though, this seems like as good a time as any to join, and there's a rush of newbies anyways.

Be warned, I plan on this char being fairly RP heavy.

Spoiler: Charsheet (click to show/hide)

Be spat out of the stasis pods.  Examine my surroundings.  Get clothes.

((Welcome syvaris! We can be newbs on this RtD together!))

Marcius steps out of his pod, gagging on the fluid. He falls to his knees, grimacing. "Gods, that was horrible,"...then, remembering how he got here... "No..." He whispers, " Lucius.. Mary... My family.. I will have revenge.." Resolved, he sets his face in a grim line, and seeing the bin, grabs some clothes and then follows the signs to the armory

You become somewhat decent and then wander down to the armory. The kiosk is empty, though someone has hung a sign that says "Back in ?" on the inside of the window.

I like Miyamoto's thing of bits of info. I also like the nyars gifts....hmmm I KNOW.

I'll do the bits of info thing as well as this. When we get done with our current missions (Probably pretty fast?) Nyars will have a sack. In his sack will be presents, numbered 1 to 100 or so. The contents of these presents will be random, anything from a single token to a grand prize hidden in one of them. And everyone will get to chose 1 of them.

Now, I won't be able to do full posts because of a lack of time on my vacation, but I will be able to come back once a day and post a tidbit or two. Look forward to it. You can even suggest topics.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22121 on: December 23, 2013, 04:40:16 pm »

"That fall certainly could have gone better, though I have to say that it certainly could have gone worse as well!"

If I am not picked up or somehow fixed, evaluate and think about repairs I could do on myself with available limbs. Charge that brainpan!

((Lore and a lottery? Both are immensely appealing to me, I must say.))
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:42:36 pm by Harry Baldman »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22122 on: December 23, 2013, 05:10:08 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING decides its best to just invent apathy and start climbing.

((Pretty sure I would just get in the way on this one :P))

((Is it just me, or did BFEL STEPHEN HAWKING's quantum monologue interjection create a quantum reality split and made him be in two different points simultaneously? Because he's both in the elevator shaft and applying for duct duty.))

((Why do you think he missed the jump? On that note))

Also assist Grate in duct duty back on the ship, because apparently I'm in two places at once.

Why are you in both places?! STOP DOING THAT.

Pick one. I don't care which.

((I was in both places because you mistakenly put me in two places. I love how quickly my quantum abilities are increasing just because of mistakes and/or lucky rolls. :P
I mean hell, if this keeps up he actually MIGHT become the memetic god he thinks he is. XD))

Elevator, climbing toward our next diplomatic incident
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 05:12:33 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #22123 on: December 23, 2013, 05:14:34 pm »

Go help grate.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #22124 on: December 23, 2013, 06:30:19 pm »

((@Piecewise: Thanks for the appearance info! That's going straight to my ER appearance info Google document! Can you do other NPCs? Nyars maybe? I've got absolutely nothing about him.))
Pages: 1 ... 1473 1474 [1475] 1476 1477 ... 2101