Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: The Necromancer: Prologue  (Read 28536 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancer: Prologue
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2012, 12:09:12 am »

Be polite, courteous, and considerate, and apologise for being unaware of precisely how to disable the restraints, also express some concern that they might seek to do you harm were they released...

We can try, but I doubt she'd believe a word of it. Lenen has already quite firmly established himself as a rather unscrupulous, cold and calculating individual, so any attempts to be nice would be seen as mere gloating on our part, and no amount of witty charm is going to change that. But she understands her situation, I think, and knows we aren't fooling around, so we should at least be able to get some basic information out of her.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:52 pm »

actualy we may want too keep her there or kill her she may tell people we are a necro and be hunted! (then we lose our cool HQ)
(she did try to kill us twice)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:35:23 am by Sprin »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2012, 06:31:06 pm »

did this die?
BUMP!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 16, 2012, 11:15:33 am »

yea cmon, give us it! I want to see where this story goes.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2012, 09:19:51 am »

I MANDATE AN UPDATE!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2012, 08:39:23 pm »

I second the movement!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2012, 11:39:58 pm »

I find it amusing we're supposed to be a 'Good' necromancer... how does one wield the profane powers of Unlife and not become corrupted by Evil? Unless we're like one of the Priests of Rathma from the Diablo series or something, I can't recall hearing of a good-natured Necromancer. Jealously, mistrust and hatred will hound us everywhere we go. Nearly everyone would rather take a blade in the gut than even dabble in dark magic.

Power over the Undead, tempered by Lenen's morality. This is going to be an interesting story.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 03, 2012, 05:31:47 am »

Necromancy offers the potential for robots with absurdly low running costs. An inoculation against nearly all diseases, aging, toxins, and a good many normally lethal injuries. The ability to solve all manner of legal disputes from squabbles over estates of the deceased to gaining personal testimony from murder victims. Solving that awkward but necessary question of "What to do with all the corpses?" which has so plagued civilisation in times of pestilence, famine, war, and high real-estate prices. Don't let a touch of squeamishness turn you away from everything good about magic...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2012, 07:34:10 am »

Why is being a necromancer considered evil? Because he deals with the Undead? Why are they evil? If the skeletons are extensions of the necromancer, but the necromancer is only evil because of his Skeletons, where did the evil come from? That's the question.

I MANDATE AN UPDATE!
You do realize that makes you a noble right?

Regardless, I'm not quite sure what to do next. More exposition wouldn't make sense but I've sort of written myself into a corner here... She has to say something that isn't boring. I can't think of any good dialogue, which is why I was fairly happy to let this die.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2012, 08:01:13 am »

Just kill her.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2012, 07:47:10 pm »

Just give her a mysterious employer who cannot be contacted with our current resources. Or a mysterious force compelling her. Or maybe she was bored waiting for her target to show up so decided to raid the nearest large estate or something. There should be loads of ways to justify her presence without actually giving us anything that we can act upon in more than a vague fashion.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #221 on: September 04, 2012, 08:53:40 pm »

No, seriously, just kill her and get on with the tour.
Beautifully women walking in the forest?! What is this Japan!
The easy way out is to just kill her. Thats entertaining. This game was going very well IMO up until it turned into a eroge.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 05, 2012, 12:45:47 am »

I think it just got way too easy with the whole crypt, local undead production, Thanes and all that. Far too early to get that much power, it's something I figured Lenen would set up himself once he got strong enough. Now we're in the stage where we can just throw our weight around and absolutely no one except her knows who we are, and we already have her taken care of.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 05, 2012, 03:37:40 am »

She was the assassin wasn't she? Same one we met earlier and presumably sent to kill the lord of the castle?
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2012, 09:14:37 am »

He's the GM. He's got a magic wand, so he should start waving it! *mimes waving furiously*
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16