Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 240799 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Path of Exile - Forsaken Masters
« Reply #675 on: August 10, 2014, 11:48:58 am »

Life nodes? The circles with a heart? I ain't got skill points for those D: My planned skill tree is mostly attack speed and evasion and bow damage and crit. >___>

... back to the drawing board?

Edit: I do grab some of the Life & Evasion skills, and if I give up some projectile damage I could get more life nodes.
But what kind of bow skill to use that attack speed on? Rain of arrows works a bunch differently from poison arrow or ice shot, which are different from burning arrow, or explosive arrow.
Split arrow? I have that and poison and arrow rain right now.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 11:59:58 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 10, 2014, 11:59:34 am »

Yep. Most people shoot for 250% life from the tree(roughly 200% is alright, too), though you can keep to your plan. Remember you can respec 18 points for free, from quests.
Also most PoE players will tell you your first character is doomed to fail.

With split arrow, try not to fall into the Split arrow > LMP > Fork/Chain trap. It works okay for the first difficulty, but afterwards, it falls off haaard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 10, 2014, 12:03:55 pm »

Aha, split arrow. I knew there was one I missed, but I couldn't think of what it was called :P

Also, if you're using the skill tree on the site, you don't want to use every single point it gives you, thats the amount if you're at the max level. ~100 points is in the vicinity of level 80 I think, which is generally considered more realistic to reach. And like Jack_Bread said, theres gonig to be more life per level soon, so not as many passives would be taken up by it! (hopefully)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:06:05 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #678 on: August 10, 2014, 12:08:46 pm »

Welp, now you've gone and put doubt into me :( I hate failing a character build. Hate hate hate.

Re:life--if I give up going for the big evasion ring I can get a lot more life nodes. Plus I have some life & evasion skill points. Maybe that'll be enough.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 10, 2014, 12:18:17 pm »

Heh, my bad. It can be pretty easy to screw up a character with such an expansive skill tree. Just keep in mind, you've got 18 free respec points and there's a currency orb called the orb of regret that gives respec points(they usually go for roughly 1-1.5 chaos per orb so its a bit expensive). That should give you a bit of room for mistakes.

boki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 10, 2014, 01:30:16 pm »

Welp, now you've gone and put doubt into me :( I hate failing a character build. Hate hate hate.

Re:life--if I give up going for the big evasion ring I can get a lot more life nodes. Plus I have some life & evasion skill points. Maybe that'll be enough.

Now its time to fuck up your build. When the expansion hits you will get a one time full respec so you can fix all the problems with your build

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 10, 2014, 02:17:45 pm »

I don't know weather to blame my build, or the spell itself, but firestorm is OP as all hell.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 10, 2014, 02:37:25 pm »

I don't know weather to blame my build, or the spell itself, but firestorm is OP as all hell.
This seems to be a running theme with spells I've used on my main character. Miniions had terrible AI, used them anyway. Still did alright. Then they updated that stuff a long while ago and now they work pretty well in general for me. Used firestorm all the time as my attack to help the minions, then arc came out. People complained arc was terrible, used it anyway, was fun. Now apparently arc is really good at something, and then you bring up an OP firestorm.

Aside from that though, Firestorm is just pretty nice in general I'd say.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 10, 2014, 02:40:32 pm »

To be fair, Firestorm has always seemed OP. But as Akylon points out, so are a lot of other abilities when they're modded to hell and back. Spectral Throw can get broken very fast with just a pair of the right gems.

Anyways, it's all fun-and-games until enemies start soaking damage better in later difficulties. A lot of abilities seem a lot less OP when you can only use them for a second or two before you have to run away/kite.

Lower levels a lot of things are going to see OP that later don't...especially against some bosses.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 10, 2014, 04:40:05 pm »

Whats a good way for a marauder focusing in two handed and damage to up his accuracy? Any good paths to take in the skill tree?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 10, 2014, 04:56:17 pm »

Get Resolute Technique. Marauder is soo far from any crit, it won't matter and they're really close to that keystone.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 13, 2014, 11:23:11 pm »

Going to double post for this bit.

The reworked skill tree has been released, but it's currently only viewable via third party tree readers. This link has a link to the download.

There's a loooooot of crit added to the tree. All the life nodes have been nerfed, but keep in mind that they're giving you more life per level. It'd likely that 130% life from tree is the new 200% life.
This might be a new era of CI, too. I was able to get 190% increased energy shield + CI while also grabbing lightning damage nodes.
Hexmaster and Whispers of Doom have lost their keystone status, now they're notables. Whispers of Doom sit above and a bit to the left of the witch area and still gives its +1 curse. Hexmaster now sits above Conduit and gives 100% increased curse duration instead of the permanent curse thing.
They've also added a notable node to pretty much every cluster.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #687 on: August 13, 2014, 11:53:45 pm »

I'd love if a crit attack speed build would be viable. For bows.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 14, 2014, 12:35:50 am »

I'd love if a crit attack speed build would be viable. For bows.

What a coincidence, that's what I am currently trying to build on one of my characters. Sadly, all the AS stuff is either in the small bonuses or I just can't find the bigger nodes.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 14, 2014, 12:46:23 am »

Bows are getting buffed with higher damage and crit chance. The Garena version is getting some stuff early, including the passive skill tree.
Here's the translated Garena Patch notes.
Relevant bit: "Bows can now deal more damage. Additionally, some bows now have higher base critical chance."

Also, the skill tree I posted was actually outdated. It was posted by Mors, who has access to the alpha build of PoE and he assumed that his skill tree and the posted JSON data were similar. He was wrong, apparently. I'll post a download/link to the actual new tree when I comes up, if I can.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 100