Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 1.9 - Succession Fort  (Read 86945 times)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - 1.9 - Succession Fort
« Reply #405 on: July 19, 2012, 02:22:58 am »

Mining revealed a good supply of cobaltite, some titanium and chromite. We also got some mithril by smelting down presents from our friends, the elves.

Iron and steel are avaible in abundance.

I really left a messed up fort behind :D Have fun with the humans.

I would love to  stay the militia commander, once Ishar has a new body, he can take he place of the champion. I keep the professian of the first leutnant.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:41:30 am by Firehawk45 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #406 on: July 19, 2012, 11:31:33 am »

First of:
I see riflemen, quite alot of them, but nothing really threatening.
Ehm... really ?

I would like to make a request as well: Build a walled of road/tunnel for caravans to arrive safely, a 3 wide path from map-edge to trade depot, so you can trade in peace, no matter how many ambushes lurk around, then lock of the fort (topside) and GO DOWN INTO THE CAVERNS. We supposedly have a ton of high tech stuff, and a mage, and a militia, why not tackle some of those zombies down there ? They go down easily.

EDIT: And even if not, they go down on the cavern-invaders as well... two problems solved.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 19, 2012, 11:33:34 am »

yeah, a rifle is useless if someone bashes your head in. If they would be flying, yes, they would be threatening, but with that one ironclad horse, pff, let the golems and turrets deal with them.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 19, 2012, 01:38:56 pm »

I would like to make a request as well: Build a walled of road/tunnel for caravans to arrive safely, a 3 wide path from map-edge to trade depot, so you can trade in peace, no matter how many ambushes lurk around

What do you mean by this?  I'm probably missing something obvious.   but I always thought it's impossible to totally lock down and still trade: you always have to leave a little bit of an opening because you can't build any constructions in the last 5 squares?  Our trade-gate in the outer courtyard is already as close to the edge as you're allowed to build, and the wagons generally spawn right there because trees and such block any other path.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 01:42:56 pm by smakemupagus »

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 19, 2012, 01:59:21 pm »

Soooo... is it my turn now?
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #410 on: July 19, 2012, 03:05:05 pm »

PICTURE:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You build bridges on the edge, and raise them, use them as walls.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 19, 2012, 03:51:58 pm »

Tried unzipping the save file with 7zip, but it says that "CRC failed in MW-Succession Spring\site 897.dat. File is broken"

Maybe I have the wrong version of masterwork?

EDIT: I have version 1.9.3...
Maybe I have the wrong settings enabled?  :-\
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:55:05 pm by cAPSLOCK »
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:59 pm »

Tried unzipping the save file with 7zip, but it says that "CRC failed in MW-Succession Spring\site 897.dat. File is broken"

Must be a problem on your side, im able to unzip it.

Try WinRar

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 19, 2012, 04:24:34 pm »

Must be a problem on your side, im able to unzip it.

Try WinRar

Usually 7zip works just fine for me...
I also have REALLY bad internet connection as I am away from home. I can probably pick it up tomorrow if that's alright. Could someone else take a turn? (Assuming that it actually is my turn right now.) Sorry :(

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2012, 05:23:16 pm »

You build bridges on the edge, and raise them, use them as walls.

Oooh, that's neat.  I'm a little surprised to learn such a devious trick from you though Meph, I normally think of you as liking to give the enemy a fair chance, no trap corridors and all that ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2012, 07:59:33 pm »

I need to know all the tricks, otherwise I wouldnt mod in so much stuff :P And fair chances are a no go, I like to win. I mean, my early fortresses all had a 20z-lvl moat, 20 tiles wide, with a 1 tile corridor above it... and 20 weapontraps. Everything just dodged into the pit, right next to my butchers/smelters.

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 21, 2012, 02:38:50 am »

Alright now that I'm back to using my actual COMPUTER, things seem to be working!  :)

It's pretty late now, and ASSUMING IT IS ACTUALLY MY TURN (nobody specifically said it was or wasn't  >:( ) I'll try to get my year in tomorrow.  :D

EDIT: uh....

UUUHHHH.....

Well, to me it seems I may not be cut out for this... There are some things that could definitely be improved upon, but some of the things I'm seeing are a bit beyond my scope as a DF player. Maybe that'll make things a bit more interesting!

Alright, just took a look around... I think I know what my contribution to the fort will be! How long is the range of a ballista? I wanna make a 8x8x3 tower and put some ballistae on top to pelt those humans from afar. If it doesn't kill them, it would hopefully force them to come to us. And from what I've seen, we have a decent enough military (thanks to our resident pyromancer) to drive them off!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:06:46 am by cAPSLOCK »

Panopticon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 21, 2012, 03:33:01 am »

cAPSLOCK, I believe siege weapons can only hit those on the same level as the weapon, so keep that in mind when constructing your towers.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:00:25 pm by Panopticon »

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 21, 2012, 11:05:09 am »

Noted, panopticon. I'm getting to work at the year now. Sorry it's taken me so long!
Also, I think uh, Ima just grab this child here and make him mine, K?

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 21, 2012, 01:44:15 pm »

I'm back, you can add me to the list again. Also, stop killing me already. It gets really boring after a while.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 67