Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122693 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5760 on: February 04, 2013, 09:12:04 pm »

Heh, Mattherson VS came home to Hvar last night. I think we surprised both the NC and TR. In the course of the firefight there was a long discussion of how the VS have to steal the smacktalk throne from the Enclave. But yes, it was a glorious thing to see a tide of VS flowing down from Allatum and smacking both of the other factions upside the head, especially in the wake of NC dominating the server for most of the day. Our homeland, it calls to us, we must spawn in the ancestral Tech Plant of yore! :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: February 05, 2013, 12:08:49 am »

I trialed the Warden battle rifle tonight.  That thing is pretty damn nice, even with iron sights.  Anyone used it to great success?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: February 05, 2013, 12:32:42 am »

Yep, G2A rockets are fixed. Spent about 20 minutes at Rashnu tonight, and bagged 3 Reavers, 2 Libs, a Vanguard, and some random assists and AA damage exp during the bits of time when we were fighting outside.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: February 05, 2013, 02:52:49 am »

I trialed the Warden battle rifle tonight.  That thing is pretty damn nice, even with iron sights.  Anyone used it to great success?
   Spent the 1k certs and bought it, plus 30 for the 6x scope - nothing beats an engineer headshotting an infiltrator at 285 meters, then doing it again a minute later, {cause he spawned back at his sunderer, was trying to hit me and missed most times, killed me once and we ended 2-1}, as well as making a MAX run away, heavily injured, and a couple HA's recline to watch the stars, (all VS).
  Oh, and this was all with just one magazine.  I got my range very quickly.
  Haven't used it up close yet, that's not my style.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5764 on: February 05, 2013, 12:00:19 pm »

I've found that long range weapons with High Veloctiy ammo and a x6 scope are more effective against sniper rifles, since they have no scope sway. I can usually take on an Infiltrator no problem with my Reaper DMR, and anything at mid-to-long range is going to be diving for cover.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: February 05, 2013, 12:16:32 pm »

I've found that long range weapons with High Veloctiy ammo and a x6 scope are more effective against sniper rifles, since they have no scope sway. I can usually take on an Infiltrator no problem with my Reaper DMR, and anything at mid-to-long range is going to be diving for cover.

you can't kill me if you can't see me because im at max view range, up a gigantic cliff, cloaked or behind cover 90% of the time, and the other side of you from all your other targets, and never get anything but headshots.

of course I won't be able to kill you either unless you're standing still, but that's what your dumbass teammates are for.

in other news, had a good sniping session today :D

I may have been exaggerating the nothing-but-headshots, but most people are dumb enough to stop looking for you after 20-30s (and since there's no height indicator on the directional indicator...)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: February 05, 2013, 12:22:44 pm »

Couldn't sleep, so I had a nice run as TR early this morning. Pushed the VS all the way back to their warp on Indar and I got a good number of nice defense kills before the NC took advantage and sliced through our lines, cutting our territory in half.

I feel like I'm having better luck getting kills than as either VS or NC, but I didn't play NC very much and it could just be situational luck.

And once again, rocket launchers FTW.

I will also note I got a small FPS improvement by just fiddling with options and also giving my GPU a bit of a frequency bump through the settings. I generally stay above 20 fps now, but large fights can still drop it. I'm mostly CPU bottlenecking when there are a lot of people around. Not surprising, given what I've got. (An old 2.3 GHZ core 2 duo) As other people have said, sometimes it's counterintuitive, lowering all the options isn't always the best performance settings. I've actually got everything spread around low medium and high with decent draw distance and the one slider bar with percentage set at 90 now.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:30:23 pm by sluissa »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: February 05, 2013, 12:34:54 pm »

I agree with you, sluissa. Nothing beats shooting random infantry with rockets and getting bonus xp for headshots.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: February 05, 2013, 12:35:36 pm »

has anyone noticed the total worthlessness of the cloak as it is now? I emptied my clip in cloaked infiltrators several times now. They appear clear as day. A shame...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: February 05, 2013, 12:37:43 pm »

yeah infils appear much darker now I think, which may help at night, idk, but definitely in daytime it makes you so obvious.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: February 05, 2013, 12:45:45 pm »

I managed to follow one in my visor all the way on some amp station's walls. It was hilarious how he was more obvious cloaked than not.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: February 05, 2013, 12:49:40 pm »

Though one thing to note, apparently the high contrast scopes got nerfed a bit such that they don't make cloakers show up as a bright outline.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: February 05, 2013, 02:40:07 pm »

with mid graphics, the infils do not appear different from before...  or I don't think so, can still track one but only if you are looking for movement, however it is much more efficient to stay in one place with the clock active.

And, I am getting better at flying a plane,  and having fun doing so.  Can't land a lib well, mainly due to it hovering.  is there any way to prevent this or just fly close to the ground?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: February 05, 2013, 02:52:55 pm »

once you hit hovering distance over the ground, hold CTRL to descend on to the ground.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: February 05, 2013, 02:58:41 pm »

I guess what Tim said. I never had problems landing planes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 826