Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Witch Hunter* - An Adventure Mode Minor Mod (0.01)  (Read 2021 times)

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Witch Hunter* - An Adventure Mode Minor Mod (0.01)
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:54:03 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6407

(*contains no witches or witch-hunters)
Update: I've since found a few problems with this version. Some typos and such, but there are two big ones. The pearl reactions do no work due to a bug with vermin item tokens http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4973 (you can either have it accept all vermin, or a non-existent caste of mussels and oysters, I've a few ideas to try for a workaround) and the other one is that since I made this before the big hauling release and haven't been playing fort mode, dwarves' civ doesn't have wheelbarrows or minecarts - copy the relevant item use tokens from entity_default if you want to play fort mode.
New version, more actual witch hunterness soon.

So far, just a lot of tweaks to make adventure mode more interesting. Heavily modified entities so non-human races are more interesting. A bit of crafting, with pearl diving. Custom bogeymen. Custom mummy curses. An entity for surface animal people. Alien space probes made of candy. New dye colors.

The initial readme:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 05:31:14 pm by Hylas »

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
Re: Witch Hunter* - An Adventure Mode Minor Mod (0.01)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »

I'm liking the looks of this. I might give it a try when my latest adventurer eventually dies.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Witch Hunter* - An Adventure Mode Minor Mod (0.01)
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:20:03 am »

Interesting. I was thinking about making my own custom bogeymen, but I'll try this first and see if I want to use them and change them in any way.

Won't be using your new civs or changes to vanilla files, though, or the animal people changes, becuase it would both conflict with my own mods and doesn't seem as interesting as the bogeymen anyway. Oh well.

But I had no idea you could use macros with adventurers! I actually never learned how to use macros anyway...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.