Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32

Author Topic: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Game End: Rebel Vittry (Plus Survivor plus scum)  (Read 57247 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Night4: Thin Air and Thick Steel
« Reply #450 on: July 06, 2012, 12:39:51 am »

Man, I could have been Jim forever.   :P

I'm really sorry I had to replace out. Looking forward to cybrid 6.

Fun fact: tiruin and hapah are now in my phones autocorrect.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 06, 2012, 12:48:22 am »

Fun fact: tiruin and hapah are now in my phones autocorrect.
None of those letters parse. They're fully different.  :P

Why, though?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 06, 2012, 01:37:52 am »

What.

Just... what.

ZU, why the hell did you not claim D1?

GG, what the hell happened during the night? I converted UI. o_0

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 06, 2012, 01:40:08 am »

He did. In the scumchat.  :P

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 06, 2012, 06:05:07 am »

GG, what the hell happened during the night? I converted UI. o_0
What do you think? You will not interfere.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 06, 2012, 06:06:05 am »

Game End! REBEL VITRY!

SCENE: Earth. Imperial Palace. The Emperor's desk. A wrinkled hand stretches towards the communications button.

This is the Emperor. Give me a status report on the situation on Mars. .... Yes ... Oh, I see. Who?

Winners:
Hapah - Rebel, Cybrid Sympathizer
Rebel Snowman, yes? Or how was that Overseer post made? Zombie didn't copy the Imperial Commander...

Jim Groovester/ZombieUrist - Metagen Traitor, Duplicator
First, thanks to Jim for stepping in and replacing at the last minute. The game could really have been derailed if you hadn't. Good sport, and good vitry!
Second, really? a survivor with a kill? and an inspection, and an ally, and a way to get more stuff? Really!?

Urist Imiknorris - Rebel Saboteur
I called this D1! Even before Toony asploded me! Sure, my rotten corpse also won a month later, but the real vitry I feel from this game is that I called UI's alignment D1, and had all others right shortly thereafter, except for Toaster/Hapah; I thought Hapah was the Rebel and Toaster the Sympathiser... this is also a side effect of the Rebel Commander, unlike the Imperial one, not knowing his Officers at the start of the game. I didn't know I had any or who they were, let alone that they would forget their Officer status and its implications later on.

Think00238 - Rebel (formerly Imperial) Doctor
Yeah, just send me the list of casualties. I'll call their families... what? Think? My trusted First Officer was persuaded by the rebellion? No, it can't be. It must be a different "Think", 0023 or something. The Think0028 I know would never...

Toaster - Rebel Persuader, Officer
A hero to the cause, to the last. Scummy as hell, though. Mostly his own fault.

ToonyMan - Rebel Martyr
Bookthras - Rebel Commander
...and a couple of clowns, yes? What, my long forgotten thriced removed great-great-grand nephew was one of them? Well, fuck him. What was he thinking, joining the rebellion, arming another clown with explosives, and then poking him with a stick?? What did he think would happen? Oy!

Losers:
Dariush - Imperial Zealot
obolisk - Imperial Commander
borno - Imperial Companion
Who was in charge there? ... really? that bunch of losers? what the hell were you thinking!? We can't be expected to hold the colonies if the Empire fields a bunch of morons to defend them! Report to your superior immediately for discipline, dismemberment, termination and replacement!

Tiruin - Metagen Defective, Goad
Fuck it. Nuke the site from.... wait. Did you say it was the TI_RUI_IN glitch unit that was chasing them? Ah, that persistent bastard was still after them even after they killed him again and again, wasn't it? Never mind, hold the nuke order. I'm sure that thing will eliminate the problem. Then we eliminate the ship and it. Yeah. Get the pilots on it. Let's just hope they're not a bunch of morons like the last batch.

Solomon Petresun reviews the screens. So many problems, oh so many. One of these days, I'll sleep.

...from the depths of Mars, a grave opens briefly, and Tony Petresun's faint voice is heard: "... but this was FUN!"

Some additional thoughts, perhaps for another thread:

1) GG: I submit to you that "non-aligned survivors" are not a good idea. You've never used them, there's little benefit, they just confuse the issue, balance doesn't need them. Please proclaim that everyone in the game is either Imperial, Rebel, or Cybrid, no other choices. For inspection results just say "failed" instead of "unkown" when blocked or cybrid, leaving the room for the ambiguity.

Jim would have been given the opportunity to convert, but I doubt he'd have taken it.
2) Dudes: I think one of the points of this game was to teach us that cybrids don't always convert! There were zero cybrid conversions here, they were never even possible, and yet everybody at some point or another, during the game and on deadchat and even after the game, were still obsessing about who the cybrids would convert and when. Cybrids are not (always) cults! That's just one aspect of several the glitches can become. Let's get wise to that. (but GG: formally removing "unaligned" roles will make that easier)

No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 06, 2012, 06:11:13 am »

Dariush, you were blocked. By UI. Tried to make that obvious with the flavour, obviously had to make it obviouser,

Also, someone asked what the minor roles were for.

They were strictly for flavour purposes - in order to get the /best/ ending, ToonyMan or Borno needed to live long enough to block the worm, Tiruin and Hapah needed to be killed, Urist needed to live until the doors were open, and Think needed to make it until the end of the game.

Had Hapah not blown you guys up, you would have crashed.

1) GG: I submit to you that "non-aligned survivors" are not a good idea. You've never used them, there's little benefit, they just confuse the issue, balance doesn't need them. Please proclaim that everyone in the game is either Imperial, Rebel, or Cybrid, no other choices. For inspection results just say "failed" instead of "unkown" when blocked or cybrid, leaving the room for the ambiguity.
Perhaps. Since they clearly weren't used, it was all just a big ol' red herring anyway. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 06, 2012, 06:27:53 am »

Jim would have been given the opportunity to convert, but I doubt he'd have taken it.
2) Dudes: I think one of the points of this game was to teach us that cybrids don't always convert! There were zero cybrid conversions here, they were never even possible, and yet everybody at some point or another, during the game and on deadchat and even after the game, were still obsessing about who the cybrids would convert and when. Cybrids are not (always) cults! That's just one aspect of several the glitches can become. Let's get wise to that. (but GG: formally removing "unaligned" roles will make that easier)
This was what I was trying to say...subtly.  :P

Also, beautiful flavor there Book!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 06, 2012, 06:31:47 am »

Tried to make that obvious with the flavour, obviously had to make it obviouser.
I think some work to standardise the flavour for actions would be good. Make it always clear whether you know if you are blocked, or if your protection or conversion succeeds (or make it clear that you don't know). Ambiguity hurts the game.

Perhaps. Since they clearly weren't used, it was all just a big ol' red herring anyway. :P
Yeah, but I think this particular red herring hurts the game. Knowing that there are "humans, dopps and aliens" in Paranormal is good, even "aliens, zombies or demons" is good. Adding a possible fourth is less good, especially if they are unaligned, you've never used them, and they have no intrinsic faction powers/chats. I really think the game would be better if we could know for sure every one is aligned with one of the three factions (three are enough, yes? how many factions do you want in a 12 player game?)

...but as I said, perhaps this is a conversation for another thread. In the mean time, I'm happy to have had a chance to flex my flavour muscles as well, and thank you for a great and fun game, with very interesting flavour -- my favourite remains: "Well, if that's where I'm going, then you're coming with me! FOR THE REBELLION! LONG LIVE FREE MARS!" "Rebellion!? AH FUCK-"
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 06, 2012, 08:05:30 am »

No one would have believed me.  :'(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The introduction of the possibility was solely to tone down the investigative powers. I want an unknown to be a good indicator, but as-is, when it most mattered (at end of game), it's almost guaranteed to be accurate.

They exist pretty much solely as cover for cybrids, and as sort of a key flavour aspect to one of the future game I'd had planned.

Anyways, it was a fun game for me, guys, felt like I really poured a lot into the flavour, so I hope you enjoyed it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Book: Yup, Snowman.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I think this is my favorite mafia game I have ever been in.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 12:32:51 pm by ToonyMan »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile

Hrm. What's the deal with GG's signature?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Hrm. What's the deal with GG's signature?
He's leaving bay 12 :'(
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32