No poll to look at :v

It has been decided.
- 0 (0%)
Hurr durr :3
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 01, 2012, 10:57:42 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! The End, sadly.  (Read 35677 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! ;~; ;~; ;~;
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2012, 08:54:37 am »

Wow, look at that promotion potential!  :P

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! 2/5 of Borg dead!
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2012, 09:48:37 am »

There's also a Cardassian-populated system right behind Ferengi territory.

@EuchreJack: If anything, you will be Admiral after we deal with localized Borg threat :P

===

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The two Borg Cubes dissappeared from our radars. They haven't went up or left or down, so the only other explanation is that they went inside Romulan Empire, or rather what's left of it.
USS Nebula, namesake of it's class, has been finished at Takara whilst two destroyers, Newport B and Somali B, were constructed almost on the same moment. Newport B is also ninth ship in the local fleet, and thus said fleet was sent toward Morikin system to rendevous with other ships.

Next week, still no sign of Borg Cubes at Romulan Space. However, one of Designation 238 was replaced with 237, which means they are warping over several tiles per game turn just to get to inhabited system.
From shipyard news, we got USS Velasco (Ambassador) and USS L'Aventure B (Miranda), from Sol and Yridia respectively.

And then we notice this:

Deneb had 240+ million population just five turns ago.
The Borg are in Ferengi space. I've sent Yridians there just to make sure that the Cube there has a familiar designation.

One week later, Admiral Cain decided to dispatch USS Martynov into Romulan territory to try and find where the Cubes went. Cardassia, capital system of the Union, has fallen to Borg.
Another pair of Mirandas: Winnipeg B and Kirkland B - Shelia and Yridia.

Week later, we got another pair of destroyers ready (Montreal/Lachlan B) managed to sort our facts and knowledge:
There's for sure one Borg Cube in Deneb (Ferengi) system, and another in Galvin (Cardassians) system, as populations there drop rapidly.
One Cube is in the already decimated Adelphous system, and
Other Cube is in deep space roughly in middle between Cardassian and Romulan space.
The latter two are 238 and 237, so we're missing 235 and another 238. Hopefull they are in the aforementioned systems.

Wait no, that's bad if they're in Deneb! The combined fleets have been moved closer to Ferengi space.

Fuck. It's Cube 238 that got to Delta Vega.
Deneb system is besieged by Cube 235. The Cube at Galvin and, now as well, Tarchannen (Romulans) systems are yet of unknown designations.
Admiral Cain was directed to Delta Vega. He has 42 ships now, but the newly formed fleet from Shelia and Takara in on their way, so in the eve of battle, 51 Federation starships will be with him. There's also new fleet (8 ships) from Sol/Yridia, but they won't get there in time.
Condamine B, Jasmine A, Bato A - Miranda, Nebula, Oberth ships were finished this turn. We're on negative income now, but we saved 5500 credits, so we can continue building ships for a while.

One turn later, Yridian Scout confirms presence of the second Cube 238 in Galvin. With 238 in Delta Vega and 235 still in Deneb, it means that Cube 237 is in Tarchannen.
Or at least I hope it's 237.
This turn we got a scout and destroyer: USS Manitee A and USS Helmsdale B.

Fuck you, Husnock, I almost had heart attack when I've saw the monster icon in there, geez.

Turn later, we get USS Boston B at Shelia, and turn after that, Galaxy-cruiser and Oberth-scout: USS Tikuma and USS Sybil.

AND NEXT TURN WE FIGHT!

AND WE WIN!
We lost 15 ships again: 3 Oberths (Sandhusky, Moray, Narwhal) and 12 Mirandas (Miranda A and B, Majestic A, Helmsdale A, Brittain/Lantree/Tian An Men/Sitak A, Saratoga/Reliant A, Covington B ShirKahr B).
Sorry Hyo :v

The Cube left Deneb and went straight into Ferenginar. Ferengi beg us for affilliation treaty, and thus, for our help. To preserve the balance of the forces in that quarter of the Galaxy, we agree and Admiral Cain was tasked with helping the midgets. USS Hurutaka, Galaxy-class, and USS Sakai B, Miranda-class, are completed at Takara and Shelia. As soon as we assemble a fleet there, it will go and join Admiral Cain in Ferengi territory.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:50:29 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:55 am »

Yes.  Can you pump out fifteen new battle ready ships for EVERY battle?  If you can, you might just win this. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2012, 09:53:22 am »

Yes.  Can you pump out fifteen new battle ready ships for EVERY battle?  If you can, you might just win this.

That depends if the Cube in Romulan space won't suddenly appear in Yridia, which is our main shipyard. But planets can be repopulated.

However, if the game decide to troll me and explode Hurada system (with a supernova), which is one of our dilithium-rich systems, this is worse scenario as we will have to stop production at one system (presumably Sol).
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2012, 01:04:31 pm »

... I died in the first battle? Oh come on.

Blargh, either way, here's to hoping that:

1. There are more Borg cubes.
2. We get a Borg cube in Yridia.
3. Hurada explodes.

Plague be on the Federation's planets!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2012, 01:12:54 pm »

We finished new Shelia-Takara fleet faster than we were going to, so against Third Cube, Admiral Cain should have 51 or so ships. However, there will be around only 10 destroyers or even less, so we are alcready anticipating casualties amongst Ambassador and Galaxy-class cruisers.
The treaty with Ferengi gave us new trade routers, so our income should get up soon. Our calculations show that we might not be in time to save Ferenginar.
USS Kinugasa A (Galaxy) and USS Venice B (Miranda) were finished this turn.

Ah right, knew something was amiss. Terrorists, we have them back. *sigh*

And apparently our long-time allies, Klingons, are against our treaty with the Ferengi. SORRY GUYS IT'S NECESSITY CUZ I DON'T ENJOY BEING ASSIMILATED.
Because of previously mentioned possibilty we won't get to Ferenginar full-force, the newly commissioned Mirandas were ordered to leave the slower cruisers behind and get to the rally point asap.
We get USS Berkeley B this turn.

Oh no.

See that '236'?

We already destroyed one with that number!

IT'S A NEW CUBE!

===
Hyo how you dared to jinx me like that! D:<
SigFlags!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation Let's Play 3! Sixth Cube!
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2012, 01:26:15 pm »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha *giggle* *giggle*Hahahahahahahahahahahaha *sniff*.

Aaah. No, but seriously, you just killed me off, how else do you expect me to react?

That being said, six cubes now? Are we going to keep getting one more each time we kill another? Hehee. So... who thinks we might have a Borg victory on our hands?

Oh, and by the way, here's to hoping that the rest of the three wishes come true.. (And I have no qualms with the first being repeated, either!)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2012, 01:28:22 pm »

It's game that killed you, not me :P
SigFlags!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »

Don't worry, there should only be 502410 left, if the number at the right means the max numbers of cubes in existance (In the setting, not the game, of course.)

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2012, 01:34:25 pm »

Heh. No, but really; the Borgs just might kill off the Cardassians for us, which would be really convenient. The Klingons should have a nice military set up to fight off the cubes since everyone's been frantic for the last while, while we're protecting the Ferengi.

Once this is over, the Romulans will have taken massive hits and be ready for us to eat up. See? the Borgs are just helping us in our quest!

We need more of our honourable cybernetic allies, not less!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2012, 01:37:40 pm »

@10ebbor10: Nah, it's just class-name of the Cube. The proper naming is "Cube XXX of 502412". Only the three X's change in range of 235 to 238, as far as I know.

@Hyo: Still, we would need to somehow get to the outernmost Cardassian and Romulan colonies that our scouts can't even reach now.
SigFlags!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2012, 01:40:59 pm »

So... Captain Hyo's command post is free now, right?  :P

It's not quite Klingon promotion, but nobody ascends the chain of command faster than during a blazing hot war of genocide.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2012, 01:42:51 pm »

You want a Miranda destroyer? I can get you one :P
SigFlags!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2012, 01:43:25 pm »

Sign me up for a Miranda! This'll be fun!
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2012, 01:52:38 pm »

Yer gettin' USS Berkeley B, the newest Miranda, which is currently at Shelia. Or near Yridia, I don't remember :P
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12