Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Starfarer Suggestion Game Chapter 4: Pirate Hunter!  (Read 13128 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Entrepreneur, for the same spirit but greater originality.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile

Just a quick update to say I won't be posting much or anything until the end of the week.
(Quick update to the story because internet fo rnow)

You remember that an unknown ship Verification number normally means; either the ship is stolen and the new owner has disabled the verification code or it is a newly made ship and hasn't been issued one yet.

Distance to Unknown Vessel: 3500KM
Sensor Range: 5000KM
Unknown Ship Sensor Range: 2000-3000KM
Weapon Range (Max): 700M
Missle Range: (Before Flameout): 1500-2000M (you have no missles though)
Weapon Range (Min) 50M

EDIT: You can still post suggestions y'know.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:08:44 pm by Heavy Weapons Pony »
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You know what?

Play dumb. Just maintain course, get everyone to stations, and make sure shields are up. Wait for them to hail us or warning shot demanding surrender. If they're pirates, wait for them to get close, then nail them.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile

Like I said, up the shields, open a channel for communication, and if they're hostile, wait until we're within absolute lethal laser cannon range and then fire everything we've got at 'em.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile

((Death is a barrier I do not know!
Shields? We have no shields! They do, however.))

After deciding on a course of action you run frantically around the ship, waking up the rest of the crew and telling them to man their stations.

You've decided to play dumb, hoping that either its just a fresh-off-the-line new frigate or will hail you in the typical Pirate "Your imminent death is here." way.

After a few tense hours of watching the Unknown ship slowly change course to intercept you, they hail you.
"Hello, scum. Everything on that pitiful thing you call a ship is mine. I recommend you wait patiently for your death." He says in a mocking tone as the com-link cuts to static.

Pirate Vessel Armaments: 2 Hardpoint Mounted Light Assault Guns, 1 90 Degree Angle Light Machine Gun (Left side of the ship), 1 Salamander Class MRM.
Their Ship is this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ISS Entrepreneur's Armament: 1 Manouverable Hardpoint (10 Degrees) Mounted Assault Chaingun, 1 Turret Mounted Light Machine Gun (360 Degree)
Your Ship is this:

((The Entrepreneur is much faster and maneuverable than the Pirates Vessel, though it is shieldless))
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:46:15 am by Heavy Weapons Pony »
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go to full speed and try to stay in parts of the enemy ship where their guns cannot reach; we can easily take them down that way IF we can get past the shields somehow... Do we have any shield-penetration-approved missiles or torpedoes on the ship?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Damn, we need lasers, those will increase his flux and override the shield fast if we had them.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

...ramming speed.

Obviously, don't do it. Aim hard and fast for them, staying on the right side, and then hit 'em with firepower. See if we have any large debris or whatever we can dump out of an airlock, too.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

...ramming speed.

Obviously, don't do it. Aim hard and fast for them, staying on the right side, and then hit 'em with firepower. See if we have any large debris or whatever we can dump out of an airlock, too.
Why not? Reroute all power to engines and forward shields, fire everything that takes little to no power as we rush forwards at them! We will have weakened the shields enough so our power through and crush them!
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Why not? Reroute all power to engines and forward shields

Shields? We have no shields!

Frankly, I'm pretty sure that a ram would be kind of one of those "totally suicidal" plans and I'm sure we would like to remain alive for some time.

Consider whether we can use our thrusters as shield-breakers or thermal weaponry.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Consider whether we can use our thrusters as shield-breakers or thermal weaponry.
That's actually a neat idea, although we'd probably need some sort of a parking brake or tractor beam to keep from flying away as we burn through them with our engines.

Although I'd like to ask, what kind of projectiles do our Assault Gun and Light Machine Gun fire? Lasers? Plasma? Hopefully anything but solid bullets and cannon shells, although those might be able to penetrate the shields, as these types of shields can only deflect energy weapon shots like laser or plasma bolts.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile

Little bit of info before I wright the actual post

The Assault gun fires HE Rounds at a fast rate.

The Light Machine Gun is normally for Point Defense (Shooting down missiles and stuff.) But fires Kinetic type rounds which are more effective to shields due to so many hitting at once.

Here's a few screenshots of what your ship looks like in flight with all weapons and theirs with all weapons.
Spoiler'd because they're massive.

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile

After a short pause you decide to Orbit them while pummeling them with fire.

As power is diverted to the Engines and Guns most lights in the ship either go out or grow dim with emergency power.

The Pirates are surprised at your extremely aggressive stratagem and forget that their shield is an Omni type and can move around the ship. ((Shield is locked at the front of the ship!))

While orbiting the Pirates get a lucky missile off; it hits the right hand engine shutting it down! ((No power from right engine -50% engine power, -50% manouverability, cannot turn ship left without almost stopping.))

The HE Shells from the Assault Chaingun hammer into the Pirates Vessel, destroying the Armour and depressurizing some of the Hull! ((Extensive damage to the right side of the ship))

The Pirates hit you with many shots from the Light Machine Gun when you orbit past it and a few Light Assault Gun shots when you orbit past the front of their ship! ((36% damage to frontal Armour))

((Posting small battles in 2-4, 3-5 action posts.))

Do you want a change of stratagem or are you willing to dish out and take damage?

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Put a high repair priority on the starboard (right) engine and have as many of the ship's mechanics try to repair it. Or leave it as is.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Damn, Hound class is terrible...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6