Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66246 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 2 is less secure
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2012, 01:10:01 am »

What defense do I need? His only reason is because he's angry and I can't defend against something that isn't there.

Regardless of what you personally think you need, your defense is inadequate, because there are people still voting you.

I'd tell you more but it's not my job to make sure you know how to play (that's what Beginner's Mafias are for) and I don't mind seeing the screws put to you.

Okay, fine. I'll give. If you want to defend yourself you should counter and refute the substance of the arguments that people are voting you for. Your survival depends on how successful you are in allaying people's suspicions and concerns.

Jim: No epiphany, just a feeling like there's something going on that I'm not seeing (which is probable, really). ZU's statements didn't seem out of the ordinary to me, which is why it struck me as a little odd that you'd try to nail him for it.

This was a good enough reason to vote for me at literally the last minute during Day 1. What changed between now and then that makes it not as good now?

Anyone: How do we know there is an ext at all? Are people pulling it from the flavors of the deaths?

Yes. Paranormal is flavor heavy and the flavor is game relevant, and it's consistent between games so that we can figure out stuff we need to know by looking at previous games for comparison.

In this case, we know Shakerag was killed by the Exterminator because of the charred holes in Shakerag's body and the suggestion of advanced technology, even though the charred chest wounds would be sufficient to identify the kill as the Exterminator's. Similarly, we know the dopps killed dustylou2 because there was a bloody mess and no body (the dopps eat their victims).

So crumbles my entire argument. Never mind. Unvote.

Man, you really wanted me dead. You know who else really wants me dead? The dopps. Coincidence?

ToonyMan:
The only thing I can agree with is the questions but I think he is more genuinely incompetent and green and your actions outweigh his.

So Mr.Dwarfinton is genuinely incompetent and green yesterday but today he's scum?

I'm afraid I don't quite follow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2012, 01:35:20 am »

That was before the day ended by quite a large margin.  When Day 2 started I looked over what everybody had said again and made a fair judgement.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2012, 02:49:59 am »

Urist I:
Where?
When you asked Jim if he was the exterminator.

Anyone: How do we know there is an ext at all? Are people pulling it from the flavors of the deaths?
Yeah - humans cut down their targets in a hail of gunfire, dopps tear them to pieces (and omnomnom), and  exterminators use the high-tech shit that leaves the energy burns.

So crumbles my entire argument. Never mind. Unvote.

Man, you really wanted me dead. You know who else really wants me dead? The dopps. Coincidence?
He could have kept his entire case on you, just replacing "ext" with "dopp." What does the fact that he didn't do so tell you?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Night 1
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2012, 05:27:02 am »

Dariush: what's your read on Toaster and Toony?
Toaster: strange ideas about Mr.D alignment connection, otherwise pretty townish;
Toony: bandwagonish and I don't like what he did at the beginning of D1, otherwise moderately townish.

I didn't vote anyone because I wasn't entirely sure on who I thought was scum. ZU seemed to be attacking me and being suspicious but he didn't give off a scum vibe, Dariush is always a dick so I had doubts and everyone else seemed fine except for a few people who were just a bit suspicious.
You're so cute. An entire day has passed and you have absolutely nothing in the way of suspicions?
Right now I believe Dariush is scum.
Ooooh wait. Without me posting between your two posts, you go from 'I'm kinda a dick' to 'I'm scum'. Niiiiice.
Dariush: Please admit your reason for voting me is literally only because I voted you. The reason 'well it's obvious he's trying to start a bandwagon' is utter bullshit. No one who's scum would try to start a bandwagon in their first post, so stop being dick and actually look for the bad guys.
You know, Jim's signature had had (until recently) a quote that quite accurately reflects what I think about the above paragraph.
I want to bang my head against the wall, and then I want to bang your head against the wall so you can feel my pain.
It's filled with:
1) WIFOM;
2) "Why attack me, look at Dariush" thinking;
3) an extreme opinion switch as I noted above;
4) trying to put words in my mouth (because I explained my case numerous times during D1) and finally
5) hypocrisy (because you are voting me because I voted you).
You make a slip-up after slip-up, approaching the deepest depths of RiA. Fuck you, go hang.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2012, 08:28:56 am »

I was under the impression that if someone made an OMGUS vote it was okay to vote said person because it was an OMGUS vote. Why not explain your case again because all I'm seeing is you voting me because I voted you. I'm now voting you after you voted me because you have kept your vote which I find suspicious. I explained my reasoning, so yes I'm trying to get people to look at you. I have no doubts you are scum.

An opinion switch =\= noting something suspicious. Toonyman thinks I am suspicious, yesterday he did not. I guess he must have a dopp.

About the suspicion part: I thought you were suspicious but I thought voting would give you enough evidence to keep your vote against me and then support everyone else's vote. It appears to have done so. To end this post I shall reply as you have been doing so. Fuck you sir, hopefully I'll be seeing you hang after myself since I'll probably be lynched today. Once a bandwagon starts its hard to stop it.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 30, 2012, 08:30:49 am »

That post had horrible granmatical errors since I forgot to check it so sorry about that.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 30, 2012, 10:11:26 am »

I don't know about you guys, but I don't have a dopp.

Mr.D: Giving up again? If I remember correctly, you did the same thing when you were a serial killer in RL5. Am I noticing a pattern here?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2012, 10:13:42 am »

The Whiteboard
Dariush: Mr. Dwarfinton
Mr. Dwarfinton: Dariush, Toaster, ToonyMan, blackmagechill
Toaster: Urist Imiknorris

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:17 am »

Mr.D: Giving up again? If I remember correctly, you did the same thing when you were a serial killer in RL5. Am I noticing a pattern here?
Obvious bandwagon is obvious, BMC.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:33 am »

I think we're gonna need an extension, especially considering that any lynch that leaves the ext alive could leave town in a no-win situation.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2012, 11:35:23 am »

UI:  Oh.  Remember where I said... (emphasis mine)

JimSpeaking of Pandar, are you the alien exterminator?

That was a reference to old Paranormals where people kept asking Pandar if he was an exterminator in RVS until he finally ended up being one.  I (and others) have referenced it several times:

BMC:
@UI about where I am and scum picks: I was with some relatives. I'd say toaster, Mr.D and what would've been Dustylou2.

@Shakerag: You died. D: Toonyman has essentially been playing vote roulette and Dusty has was been jumping on everyone like a sociopath.

@[color= red]Mr.D[/color]: Please admit you're only trying to make dariush look like he's rage voting you because your scum buddies told you so.

I see scum picks, but I see noticeable lacking of reasoning.  You have meta on Mr. D, nothing on me, and a reason for ToonyMan whom you yet do not list as a scum pick.  Do you think ToonyMan is scummy for his vote roulette?

Dariush:
Obvious bandwagon is obvious, BMC.

Given you think Mr. D is scum, what does that say to you about BMC's alignment?

Book:  Where do your suspicions lie now?  You've gone nowhere after your attack on Jim stopped.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2012, 12:37:11 pm »

Jim: Not much changed, but there is new information. Your explanation of why you voted ZU seems reasonable, even if it doesn't mesh with the picture of you I have in my head (I had you pegged as a meticulous, check-all-the-facts sort of person, but realized that I was basing it on basically nothing). I've just got to step back and get off my damn high horse every once in a while.

Plus, the only way I could see you safely fake-claiming that protect would be if the bodyguard, dopps, and exterminator all targeted the same person (Shake) N1. I need to finish thinking it through, though.

All: Thanks for the clarification on the flavor!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2012, 01:13:09 pm »

PFP

Just to make sure I've got it straight, we know these three things from the D2 flavor, right?

Ext killed (pewpew'd body)
Dopps killed (no corpse and he flipped)
Bodyguard killed while defending someone and wasn't just killed himself (flavor seems to read that way, but want to confirm)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 1
« Reply #148 on: July 30, 2012, 01:19:35 pm »

Given you think Mr. D is scum, what does that say to you about BMC's alignment?
One of them is a dopp. The other one is either a dopp or the exty. Keeping in mind BMC's... less than satisfactory performance in earlier games, I wouldn't put it past him to bus his buddy so obviously.

Plus, the only way I could see you safely fake-claiming that protect would be if the bodyguard, dopps, and exterminator all targeted the same person (Shake) N1.
Why are you telling it to him? Also, I can't understand what made you arrive to such an idiotic conclusion. Did you mean 'fake-claiming that protect while being town'?
PFP

Just to make sure I've got it straight, we know these three things from the D2 flavor, right?

Bodyguard killed while defending someone and wasn't just killed himself (flavor seems to read that way, but want to confirm)
...Are you drunk again?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 30, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »

PFP
...Are you drunk again?
Drunkness leads to confirming information?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31