Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Game Over!  (Read 66113 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - Day 3 brings hope
« Reply #330 on: August 08, 2012, 07:50:35 am »

Hapah:
Toaster: Role attribute? What? I don't see anything about that in the rules.

Check the very bottom of the role list.

Why do you think a bomb is more likely?

Tiruin:  Quit stalling- I am voting you until you claim.  You had no reason to not do so of your last post.

Also, Pacific is Pacific Standard Time, which is GMT -8, which is ~35 hours from this post.

Dariush:  How is Mr. D "unextylike?"  How is my claim "convenient" when Mr. D has claimed failing to action and actioning a dead person?

Also, what if the exty hit you with an assassin bot?  You seem to have conveniently forgotten that possibility.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 08, 2012, 08:50:35 am »

I am waiting for Mr.D to claim...Not stalling there.

Also, thanks for that time update.

Day 2 (Awaiting scumbag's claim for D1 result)

I investigated Hapah, was hit by a Psychic Warden - intangible chain sapping my energy. No result, obviously.

Now I am under the impression that BMC hit me with his roleblock, however, Mr.D states that he roleblocked BMC.

He did not claim his role.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 08, 2012, 08:55:41 am »

Being rather busy doesn't mean I'm waiting for the noose.

Nothing I say will change Dariush's mind because he is stubborn and believes I am scum. Toaster won't change because he believes Im not hunting scum. The one thing I can do to change the minds of the others is to repeatedly say I'm not scum and explain my reasoning behind the 'suspicious' things I have done. That appears to not be working and my last option is to role claim. I don't want to do this since it might paint a target on my back but if I don't I'll be lynched and you'll end up lynching me instead of scum.

I am a Warden. On night one I chose to do nothing since it would alert my target and I didn't want to roleblock a person who was helping out the town and then be called scum for doing so. Do with that information what you will. I will also be requesting an extend so that we can actually try to find the dopps or the ext.

Im currently suspicious of BMC since it appears he has not been posting a lot and he jumped on my bandwagon with a flimsy reason. Do with my opinions what you will.

BMC: I think it was NA.

Dariush: Itd be cool to get an answer since I'm genuinely curious.

Pay attention.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 08, 2012, 09:06:43 am »

*facepalm*

Still, evidence lies. Mr.D roleblocked BMC, who perhaps roleblocked me, as I was roleblocked during the last night.

Now, it cannot be a tech item that roleblocked me at all, or it would've also blocked the roleblockers. Alien, or scientist.

So we currently have:

Cutting Edge Scientist (Body Double) [Dariush]
Telepath (Hapah)
Telepath (Tiruin)
Psychic Warden (Mr.D)
Spore Spreader (Toaster)

Now, I'm currently confused. Because the only one I can confirm who has a mind shield, is Toaster.

He was my D1 Target, and he has a Mind Shield, as claimed.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2012, 09:21:40 am »

Meph: The OP states that all kills happen simultaneously. Is the same true for other actions (i.e. blocks)?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2012, 09:23:21 am »

Meph: The OP states that all kills happen simultaneously. Is the same true for other actions (i.e. blocks)?
On that note:

Meph: Could you define what 'pure' means in your description of the roleblocker?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 08, 2012, 09:39:16 am »

Also, Meph:  If Warden A blocks Warden B and Warden B blocks Somebody C, what happens?  Assume no mind shields.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 08, 2012, 10:20:45 am »

...wait. Where's the Dopp kill?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 08, 2012, 12:02:47 pm »

The Whiteboard
Mr. Dwarfinton: Tiruin
Toaster: Dariush
Tiruin: Mr. Dwarfinton, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday

Quote from: SOP
    Mind Control
    Pure Role-blockers
    Abductors
    Protectors
    Investigators
    Night Kills/Conversions (The War Vet (or equivalent) is sort of an exception, in that he'll kill anyone who targets them on THEIR turn, rather than his)

All kills will be effectively simultaneous

Meph: Define Pure, please.

A Pure roleblocker is something like a Warden or stun orb, where the only effect is a roleblock. An Abduction also role-blocks, but specifically happens afterwards because it does more than simply blocks that player's action.

And I've no idea what Meph means by Pacific.

As Toaster said, I'm on Pacific time. I state the time zone so that people can convert to whatever their local time is.

Yes, all actions at a given step are done simultaneously, although the actual flavor will usually off-set things like deaths a bit. With role-blocks this gets a bit tricky, so the end effect is that Wardens and other 'Pure' roleblocks are unblockable. Warden A could Block Warden B, but Warden B still blocks Player C.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2012, 12:32:58 pm »

Hapah:
...wait. Where's the Dopp kill?

If Tiruin is lying about being blocked, then it could have been prevented by a BMC block.  Alternately, they chose to not kill for some reason.

Let's wrap this up neatly.

Toaster:  Spore Spreader with Mind Shield
Dariush:  (Role confirmed) CE Scientist with spent Body Double
Tiruin:  Telepath:  N1 Toaster (Failed due to mind shield), N2 Hapah (Blocked)
Mr. D:  Warden:  N1 no action, N2 BMC
Hapah:  Telepath:  N1 Jim G (Survive), N2 Tiruin (Find)

Few things to draw from this.  Dariush can't be the exterminator since his role is confirmed.  Hapah's result on Tiruin would require Tiruin to have an advanved holoform mod to be the exterminator.  That's pretty much it- no one can be ruled out as dopp.

Hapah and Tiruin:  Why did you pick your targets?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 08, 2012, 12:47:39 pm »

Toaster: I just think it's a very real possibility. You're right though, bomb or bot are both bad news.

Wait, Advanced Holo's fake out Telepaths? I thought the inspect would just fail outright, instead of returning a false result. Meph: Is this true?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 08, 2012, 12:53:37 pm »

From the OP:

Advanced Holoform Modulator: Works as the Holoform Modulator, but also allows the Alien to project an active hologram. This hologram can be shown to go to any location (or stay at home). Anyone following the Alien will watch the Hologram instead of the Alien. In addition, the Advanced Holoform Modulator will screen against Psychic and Tech detection as well. It will not, however, protect the alien from a War Vet or Sentry Guns at the location they actually visit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 21 - 1 REPLACEMENT needed
« Reply #342 on: August 08, 2012, 05:53:07 pm »

I chose Hapah out of the rest because I had a slight suspicion of his actions in the yesterday, I could've chosen Toaster (but Mind Shield) and Dariush was...pretty much silent during that time, so I went with the best target I could think of.

This one I wanted to clear by checking his goal.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 08, 2012, 07:47:25 pm »

I'm busy today so I will be requesting an extend since not posting for an entire day is bad.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 08, 2012, 08:05:04 pm »

Extend.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31