Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1008833 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #1875 on: October 08, 2012, 12:09:26 pm »

Aaaand away from the religion thing, apparently my brother thinks cheese is a mineral.
Must... Resist... Modding.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: October 08, 2012, 12:12:51 pm »

Ahmagerd cheddar warhammers!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1877 on: October 08, 2012, 12:34:18 pm »

"Blah blah, you support gays and non-christians, so GOD HATES YOU!"
I've developed a healthy respect for many religious people. Some of their beliefs are literally so hard to uphold in the face of scrutiny that it takes serious bravery to defend them... Against reality. Do I disagree with it? Yes, but it's still a hard feat to achieve.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 08, 2012, 12:35:32 pm »

Woah the pope supports the idea of evolution? damn i didn't know that and im catholic.....

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: October 08, 2012, 12:38:38 pm »

I always do. Except for when they actually do appear.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 08, 2012, 12:41:19 pm »

Misko is none of these things.  Educated, reasonable, or a human person. :P
Officially I'm a catholic, even though practically I'm anything but. Do I qualify for non-personitude?

Well, I'm fairly sure you're actually human. The whole religion thing has nothing to do with Misko being human or not.

I've developed a healthy respect for many religious people. Some of their beliefs are literally so hard to uphold in the face of scrutiny that it takes serious bravery to defend them... Against reality. Do I disagree with it? Yes, but it's still a hard feat to achieve.

This. It's pretty impressive sometimes. They're like, "Everything in the bible is amazing and the word of god."
And I'm like, "Even that part in Dueteronomy where they talk about making food with human dung?"
And they're like, "Ssssh. That was a metaphor."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: October 08, 2012, 12:47:05 pm »

Woah the pope supports the idea of evolution? damn i didn't know that and im catholic.....
The Pope does lot of things.

Also, you have to watch out for those numbers. For example, the believe in Evolution thingy is for the US only, and the US not a representative for the world.

The macromeme quote is a macromeme quote.
The bad thing about internet quotes is that you can never be sure that it is correct, or that the person in question actually said that.
-Abraham Lincon
To continue, most of the shooling system in Europe is Religously inspired. (Meaning you have a mass at the beginning of the year, and one at the end. And crosses everywhere, but that's because the buildings quite old.)

This. It's pretty impressive sometimes. They're like, "Everything in the bible is amazing and the word of god."
And I'm like, "Even that part in Dueteronomy where they talk about making food with human dung?"
And they're like, "Ssssh. That was a metaphor."
To be fair, human dung was used to cook food in those days. Or maybe the Bible was just ahead on ecologism.

Anyway, the Bible is composed of 2000 years of mistranslations, manipulations, errors  and intrepretations of a text which was probably cryptic in the first place.

Christianity is not the Bible, it's but a mere intrepretation of it. (Actually it's more or less than that).^

As for listening to the Pope, it's not mandatory. We don't live in a theocrazy anymore.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 12:52:37 pm by 10ebbor10 »

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1883 on: October 08, 2012, 12:51:05 pm »

There's also the bit where you should be stoned to death for wearing mixed fibres, or eating seafood. Right above where it says you should kill gays.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 08, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »

There's also the bit where you should be stoned to death for wearing mixed fibres, or eating seafood. Right above where it says you should kill gays.
I KNEW IT. SEAFOOD IS EVIL.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1885 on: October 08, 2012, 12:53:48 pm »

-Whereas they would point out do not murder, love thy neighbour and so on. It takes serious dedication.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1886 on: October 08, 2012, 12:55:09 pm »

Yep. This is the reason the Old Testament isn't, or shouldn't be, used in modern Christianity.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 08, 2012, 01:02:14 pm »

Yeah the lack of "disregard anything I said previously" was a serious oversight on the author's part.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 08, 2012, 01:07:17 pm »

Yeah the lack of "disregard anything I said previously" was a serious oversight on the author's part.

Like the episode of Exterminatus Now where the god visits the demagogue, and starts ripping pages out of the holy book like, "I didn't say that. That was some other guy. I was in a wierd mood that century... That's a translation error... I have no idea what I meant by this. Didn't you get those prophets I sent?"
"Uh, we had them burned alive as heretics..."
"Awwwkward..."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 08, 2012, 01:22:32 pm »

basically every Christian that has threatened me with hell unless I stop being atheist and become Christian.

this sums up my reaction:
Quote from: Josh Thomas
As an atheist, having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura.

Hell and Heaven aren't even supposed to be relevant in modern Christianity (NT retcon).
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 510