Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109709 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2012, 11:44:27 am »

Tir: What do you mean with the bolded portion? I don't understand.
Quote from: Tir
Well, I've never played as a double voter before, and given the circumstances, I'm expecting people to play around with my second vote, so I will only double vote until I'm more than sure (Meaning, using it as an aid in scumhunting), not to force a lynch though.
This is a BYOR, and I've put assumptions here. There is a huge variance in roles expected, and I am on the benefit of the doubt that there will be roles that have power over votes - like the (excuse my lack of name retention) one that gives power to a vote to have it carry double, or the one that can shift a vote to someone else, or the one that can control a person's vote for a length of time [Like in Powder Miner's BYOP]...Those kinds of playing with votes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2012, 11:53:47 am »

Bookthras:
Do you have anything else on him, or is this enough for a third on bandwagon vote?
I already answered this. Your reading comprehension needs work.

Toaster:
Well, which is scummier?  What are you doing to figure out which it is?
Sucking up would be the scummier of the two, and after looking back again, the part I quoted was the only panicked part of his post, so I'm fairly sure it's sucking up.

borno:
UI:
borno:
Think:
borno: What do you mean by 'saying bus like that'? You used the term yourself in the same context. And yeah, it's a scum strategy, but it's one I'm not good at and wouldn't do.
Oh god sorry, I completely forgot about the question that I asked you. Sorry about the confusion.
You're either panicking or trying to suck up to someone who's voting you. I'm not sure which.
No, I made a mistake. I didn't keep track of the questions I asked.
Why not? Weren't you paying attention to the game?

What is your case on zombie urist? Who else do you suspect?

Repeating my extend request. This has been a shitty day for me.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2012, 01:05:28 pm »

Toaster:
Bookthras:
borno:
zombie urist:
Why did you only tell Tiruin to start posting, instead of giving him anything to post to?
Why should zombie urist be responsible for Tiruin's content?
Do you have anything else on him, or is this enough for a third on bandwagon vote?
Are you paying attention?  I already asked him about this here and he responded to it here.
Oh, interesting! Nice bandwagon vote there, Toaster. But no, he didn't...

You asked if it was voteworthy, and he replied he "left something out" (this: "You're either panicking or trying to suck up to someone who's voting you"). He didn't say it was voteworthy, and anyway that's not what I asked: whether it was justification enough for a third on bandwagon vote (you know, like yours).

For the rest, he has seemed passive and out of character. But I find this interesting:
Parroting your very words, almost as soon as you typed them, while failing to realise he didn't actually answer this. He is shielding himself with your defence.

Your putting it up is scummy. His hiding behind it is scummier.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2012, 01:37:09 pm »

Parroting your very words, almost as soon as you typed them, while failing to realise he didn't actually answer this. He is shielding himself with your defence.
Are you fucking kidding me. How is "There's more" not an answer to "Do you have anything else on him?"

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2012, 01:44:14 pm »

That wasn't the question. Please produce your justification for your third in bandwagon vote.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2012, 01:56:57 pm »

That wasn't the question.
Yes, it was. It was your question, to which I had already given the answer. Whether you think it was a satisfactory answer to Toaster's question is irrelevant to the fact that it answers yours.

Please produce your justification for your third in bandwagon vote.
a) Fourth.
b) He was groveling to Think and his questioning of ZU smelled off.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2012, 02:15:31 pm »

b) He was groveling to Think and his questioning of ZU smelled off.
So that's your justification for the fourth vote.

Damn, I'm beginning to hope you're a jester. My faith in humanity will lapse if you flip anything but.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2012, 03:16:34 pm »

PFP

Tir: Thanks for the reply. That makes sense.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2012, 06:12:16 pm »

EBWOP

ZU:
Hmm...Why shouldn't you?
So you can form your own suspicions.
I did - that's what the part to borno was.
That's pretty weak.
I'm particularly lost with your flow of thought...

I'm particularly lost with what the hell this whole exchange is about.

For the rest, he has seemed passive and out of character.

Meta claim needs justification.

Out of character compared to what?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2012, 07:53:57 pm »

Meta claim needs justification. Out of character compared to what?
Hmmm... meta is difficult to justify without jumping through endless hoops or if one has shared several games with the person involved. Hard to justify how I'd know how ToonyMan or IronyOwl would play, as opposed to Deathsword or dustylou2... but maybe take a couple of early posts from a recent game:

This is townie Imiknorris actually looking for scum: [1][2]. His posts here seem passive in comparison.

His bandwagon vote on borno is awfully scummy, his "justification" for it, which he forgot to begin with and has since defended is worse. Toaster's own bandwagon vote and reason given were pretty scummy as well. But Imiknorris's doubling down after hiding behind the parapet Toaster propped seems worse.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Sign-Ups [13 / 13+]
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2012, 08:16:07 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Shakerag -
zombie urist - borno, Tiruin,
Dariush -
Urist Imiknorris - Dariush, Bookthras,
Toaster - Shakerag,
TolyK -
Think0028 -
Hapah -
blackmagechill - Hapah,
Bookthras - Jim Groovester, Think0028, Toaster,
Tiruin -
Jim Groovester - TolyK,
borno - zombie urist, Urist Imiknorris,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - blackmagechill,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Thursday 9 PM Central.

Day extended a bit.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2012, 08:56:45 pm »

Hmmm... given that, it seems I'm hanging today. Oh well, such is life. When I flip town, please keep the following thoughts in mind:

a) Toaster: your miller thing sucks. There's no way some people failed to listen to me or decided to vote me because they thought I may be fakeclamining it, which makes a first post miller claim just as poisonous as a lack of a claim until the late game (provided no inspections).

b) Town: Toaster is scum. Imiknorris may or may not be, but my gut says he is. Do with that what you will.

c) Wuba: please correct the roleflip. It's "Stephen", not "Stephan". Big difference. Even "Esteban" would be better than "Stephan"!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »

Ahem, slight corrections:

1) Please mentally correct that erroneous double negative on the first point above so it supports my argument rather than the reverse.

2) BMC, Hapah, Tolyk, and others: games die when you lurk, and holding your vote to the last minute is neither cool nor productive. You need to participate and vote, so you can read people's reactions and allow people to read you. Posting once in a while and then not voting is just activelurking. Don't try to "be above the fray" and then render judgement from up high, get into the melee so you can affect the outcome!

3) Rereading a bit, I'm also thinking Hapah is scum, since he failed to move his vote or even express a fucking opinion since before BMC's replacement!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »

This is townie Imiknorris actually looking for scum: [1][2]. His posts here seem passive in comparison.

That looks like Imiknorris who's found scum and is hammering the point down.

Since I was curious I looked at Day 1 from Paranormal 21 and found no discernible difference between Imiknorris' play in that game and Imiknorris' play so far in this game. So your meta point is junk.

a) Toaster: your miller thing sucks. There's no way some people failed to listen to me or decided to vote me because they thought I may be fakeclamining it, which makes a first post miller claim just as poisonous as a lack of a claim until the late game (provided no inspections).

Oh, right. You claimed miller.

If it makes you feel better, I had completely forgotten about it by the time I voted you.

c) Wuba: please correct the roleflip. It's "Stephen", not "Stephan". Big difference. Even "Esteban" would be better than "Stephan"!

I like how you do things publicly which could just as easily be done by PM to the mod.

Which means this is just for show. Your spot in the noose is well earned.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2012, 09:39:42 pm »

ZU:
Hmm...Why shouldn't you?
So you can form your own suspicions.
I did - that's what the part to borno was.
That's pretty weak.
I'm particularly lost with your flow of thought...You tell me that I'd form my own ideas because...you're not questioning me? ("Umm... Why should I give him anything to post to?" > Question, as this is the most logical attempt.) What suspicions can I form from a total of blank statements given and taken?
Seems like you're happy with the state of events.
Also, you ask UI on what he forgot due to morning amnesia and then leave a comment on UI's statement without...anything? Really? "That's pretty weak" and...?
Are you begging a question to be given to you?
And I'm lost with yours. You can form suspicions from your reads of other people.
On UI, I do feel his statement is vague and not very substantial.
No I'm not begging a question to be given to me.
ZU:  You're being short as hell with your questions and especially responses- why are you holding back detail?
I don't think that I am. Examples?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28