Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: BYOR 9 - Game Over: Internet Died, Town Wins  (Read 109716 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 9 - Day 1: Terror 404 In MOLE
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2012, 09:38:04 am »

Huh? Mod: was Tolyk modkilled, or has he left the game due to actions?
Re-reading...by Toylk leaving (and as web won't answer), I think that was his action. Leaving, and not explicitly Modkilled due to what he said. Based on his (sparing) number of posts, anyway.

I hope there's internet at my summer camp. Otherwise I have an automated action that will take place. (I hope).
Quote from: Tiruin
So...you've an automated action that will take place, and you hope it happens?

Huh?

Conditional action?
No, I gave Wuba an action and an exact time to use it, which I hope to cancel by finding internet at my summer camp. >.> (This is in the morning right before going)

Judging by this...it seems that it was both beneficial to him and detrimental? Or perhaps a one-shot, just me guessing.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2012, 09:44:13 am »

Unvote.

Book: It has to be an ability. He'd flip if he was killed (mod or otherwise), right?

Dar: What's your case on UI?

Toaster: Isn't ZU always brief? Not saying it's good (or necessarily terrible, unformatted WoT are almost worse), but it doesn't seem unusual.

borno: What are you driving at in that block of ZU quotes?

PPE: Tir: Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking too.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2012, 09:52:22 am »

Toaster: Isn't ZU always brief? Not saying it's good (or necessarily terrible, unformatted WoT are almost worse), but it doesn't seem unusual.
ZU has his periods of briefness, but this type of brief doesn't fit.

It's different from before, he's not pushing on his vote, being exceptionally vague; other info in my other posts on him.

What I saw as unusual (as Toaster's question rings along mine, but formatted better) is that it seems that he isn't trying to find out scum, but living on the RVS and people's intentions other than asking pointed questions, giving nebulous answers. One-way comments in his posts...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2012, 10:51:10 am »

Book:
Toaster:
Bookthras:
borno:
zombie urist:
Why did you only tell Tiruin to start posting, instead of giving him anything to post to?
Why should zombie urist be responsible for Tiruin's content?
Do you have anything else on him, or is this enough for a third on bandwagon vote?
Are you paying attention?  I already asked him about this here and he responded to it here.
Oh, interesting! Nice bandwagon vote there, Toaster. But no, he didn't...

You asked if it was voteworthy, and he replied he "left something out" (this: "You're either panicking or trying to suck up to someone who's voting you"). He didn't say it was voteworthy, and anyway that's not what I asked: whether it was justification enough for a third on bandwagon vote (you know, like yours).

I disagree- his answer, implicit in there, is that no, it's not voteworthy alone; but there was content he had left out that made it so.  That point seems pretty obvious to me.

And you saying my vote is a bandwagon does not make it so- I put it on you because you aren't paying attention.  But look what it has done:

Hmmm... given that, it seems I'm hanging today. Oh well, such is life. When I flip town, please keep the following thoughts in mind:

a) Toaster: your miller thing sucks. There's no way some people failed to listen to me or decided to vote me because they thought I may be fakeclamining it, which makes a first post miller claim just as poisonous as a lack of a claim until the late game (provided no inspections).

b) Town: Toaster is scum. Imiknorris may or may not be, but my gut says he is. Do with that what you will.

Point A and above is a veiled appeal to emotion.  No one has mentioned your claim in any case against you, so pointing it out here is meaningless, except for the "Woe is me!" factor.  Point B lacks justification- a major deficit since you were putting this out here as your last word.

So, my strongest scum gut feeling is for Toaster. My strongest case (such as it is, I admit it's not much, but he's certainly scummy) is on Imiknorris, but I'm less than 100% on him. My other suspicion is Hapah, for his lack of involvement in the actual game (has posted, has talked, but has actually done nothing for a week). I think Hapah is also scum.

Why do you trust your gut over your case?

I have no reservations about this vote at this point.

ZU and Hapah:  (On ZU's brevity)

This post and this one got my attention, chiefly- he's putting things out in single sentences.  I agree he tends not to be wordy, but this just looks rushed.

So ZU, please justify your vote on Borno in no less than an English class paragraph, with references.

Hapah:  Why no vote given the day's less than 12 hours from ending at the time of your post?

BMC:
I'll ask questions and stuff tomorrow, I swear.

You have broken your oath.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2012, 11:01:05 am »

PFP

Toaster: I'm just now pulling my head out of my ass. Taking lunch in ~1.5 hours, should have a post and vote then.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2012, 11:08:54 am »

Hapah, are you:
1) blind;
2) stupid;
3) blind and stupid;
4) not paying attention to the thread;
5) activelurking by intentionally repeating the same question;
6) an idiot?

Please pick no less than two. Your question was asked by Toaster here and answered by me here. So yeah, fuck you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2012, 11:10:45 am »

borno:
I'm not really sure who else to suspect, but if I had to sya someone, I'd probably say you for voting me with this as your reason:
So if you don't really have any other suspicions, why haven't you been questioning anyone?

Hapah: You are distinctly missing something: suspicions. Who do you suspect? Why aren't you voting them?

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2012, 12:51:26 pm »

Dar: Thanks for the links. Replace "blind" with "rushed" and I'll take 1 and 6, thank you.

UI:
Hapah: You are distinctly missing something: suspicions. Who do you suspect? Why aren't you voting them?
PFP
Toaster: I'm just now pulling my head out of my ass. Taking lunch in ~1.5 hours, should have a post and vote then.

I was a little confused by borno, but I reread that quote-brick at the start of his last post and saw that ZU asked for examples in there. And Tir is right, ZU is acting a little more passive that usual. Maybe he's just counting on blasting everyone to death like last game? Maybe he's just short on time.

I thought everyone who piled onto Think was being a little reckless, though it did give everyone something to talk about. I'm sure he'll catch a power or two tonight for it, but I definitely don't think it's worth a lynch.

I think Toaster is being a little too aggressive pushing Book (2nd block in Toaster's last post), but he does have a very valid point that Book is voting on his gut and not the evidence. I don't see why that should be, considering Toaster and UI have the same number of votes if you take off Book's. I might be missing a moved vote or something, though.

(Book: See above. Can you explain what makes a "gut feeling" vote on Toaster a better option that an evidence vote on me or UI?)

Lurkers are lurky, I'm having trouble reading Jim, and I've got no time at the moment to reread other's (UI, Dar) posts to try to get a read. Hopefully I'll get off before the day ends!

Book, ZU, Toaster. Back to work!

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2012, 01:40:15 pm »

Replace needed. Unvote. I unexpectedly don't have regular Internet access for a while, and as such will have to drop out for now. Sorry!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2012, 02:30:38 pm »

Toaster:
And you saying my vote is a bandwagon does not make it so- I put it on you because you aren't paying attention.
How isn't it a bandwagon? It would have gotten me lynched, in your words, "for not paying attention" - that doesn't sound like you building a case on me, lynching me because you think I'm scum, it sounds like you clinching a mislynch with a wagon vote a few hours before end of day and little justification.

Hmmm... given that, it seems I'm hanging today. Oh well, such is life. When I flip town, please keep the following thoughts in mind:

a) Toaster: your miller thing sucks. There's no way some people failed to listen to me or decided to vote me because they thought I may be fakeclamining it, which makes a first post miller claim just as poisonous as a lack of a claim until the late game (provided no inspections).

b) Town: Toaster is scum. Imiknorris may or may not be, but my gut says he is. Do with that what you will.
Point A and above is a veiled appeal to emotion.  No one has mentioned your claim in any case against you, so pointing it out here is meaningless, except for the "Woe is me!" factor.  Point B lacks justification- a major deficit since you were putting this out here as your last word.
Correct, at the time I thought those would be the last words, so I couldn't spend much time on justification for B, we'll do that now. For A, "woe is me", certainly, but not appeal to emotion - I'm wasn't appealing, I considered the matter settled. Pardon me for last minute dramatics, I think they are fun.

So, my strongest scum gut feeling is for Toaster. My strongest case (such as it is, I admit it's not much, but he's certainly scummy) is on Imiknorris, but I'm less than 100% on him. My other suspicion is Hapah, for his lack of involvement in the actual game (has posted, has talked, but has actually done nothing for a week). I think Hapah is also scum.
Why do you trust your gut over your case?
At the time I wasn't going to list down the actual case on you, so I just cited gut. By what seemed to be end of day, I came to the conclusion you were more likely scum than Imiknorris, based mostly on gut & your bandwagon vote. Imiknorris is also scummy, but I think you are scummier, and the case is above (your decisive bandwagon vote 12 hours from day end with no justification beyond "pay attention").

I have no reservations about this vote at this point.
Out of curiosity, please restate your case: is it that I'm not paying attention? (I disagree that UI had answered the question earlier, but never mind for now) Or is it that I trusted my gut? Or something else?

Hapah:
I think Toaster is being a little too aggressive pushing Book (2nd block in Toaster's last post), but he does have a very valid point that Book is voting on his gut and not the evidence. I don't see why that should be, considering Toaster and UI have the same number of votes if you take off Book's. I might be missing a moved vote or something, though.

(Book: See above. Can you explain what makes a "gut feeling" vote on Toaster a better option that an evidence vote on me or UI?)
See above. At the time, I didn't have the opportunity to enunciate a case, I just wanted town to know my top picks before I died. Toaster's reaction to my press of Imiknorris, his carefully timed bandwagon vote, and his doubling down now all seem sufficiently scummy to upgrade from "gut" to "case" (or "gut+case" if you prefer).
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2012, 04:44:43 pm »

PFP so formatting will suck.

Hapah:  Are you really FoSing me for being "too aggressive?". How is aggression a bad thing?

Book:  I don't buy that there was no appeal to emotion in your post. Call it drama if you want, but your "drama" had a purpose behind it.

Also, I like how you accuse me of being some sort of mastermind who can "carefully time" when he can get on to vote. I voted you then because that is when you became voteworthy- no invention on your part will change that.

Speaking of my case, as of when the vote was cast, your lack of attention was the main selling point on the vote. You were my chief suspect at a time when my previous suspect stopped being voteworthy. Since then, the vote got a melodramatic reaction out of you, which just cemented it.

The case on you from my last two posts is what seals the vote now, wich includes the gut over case bit. I think your case only came after you had time to come up with one.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2012, 05:05:16 pm »

PFP

Toaster: You're just a little more pointed that usual, is all I'm saying. And this exchange caught my eye:

Quote from: Toaster, in regards to Book's Just-Before-Lynch post
The second bit, especially. I'm not sure how much detail you were looking for; as far as he knew he had three minutes until lynch, right? He ended up getting an hour and change (and another day, in the end), but I'm not looking for a novel from someone's last breath.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2012, 05:08:26 pm »

Speaking of my case, as of when the vote was cast, your lack of attention was the main selling point on the vote. You were my chief suspect at a time when my previous suspect stopped being voteworthy.
So, I was your chief suspect due to lack of attention? Asking what you thought was a duplicated question to UI is what made you so sure I was scum to put a bandwagon lynch vote on me 12 hours from day end? Was that the totality of your reasoning for it?

I think your case only came after you had time to come up with one.
Not so, I called you out for bandwagoning immediately, and called you scummy you for it. That is the core of the case, and I stated it right there when it happened. At the time, I was chasing UI, so I kept my vote on him; once the day seemed to be over, I reviewed the day and decided you were scummier than him, so I made it a point to say so to the town before hanging.

The case was always there, but with three minutes left in the day I didn't take the time to elaborate. My gut, however, has been worried about you for a longer time.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »

As far as I can tell the vote is tied between borno and Bookthras.

Break 'dem ties, people!

Tiruin, with your double vote on zombie urist and borno you tied the vote between borno and Bookthras. I will point out that you can break the tie and lynch one of your targets if you double vote borno. Is there any special reason why you don't want to lynch borno badly enough to double vote him and break the tie? Or maybe you don't want to be responsible for a mislynch.

his carefully timed bandwagon vote

You keep bringing this up.

12 hours isn't a last minute vote change.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2012, 06:47:00 pm »

PFP

I'm still waiting for a reply from both of them, Jim, especially on borno...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28