Tears of Olandis
Stormbreaker
The Wandering Behemoth
The Warding Sage
The Whispering Death
The Shadow of Twilight
Astral Crusader
Aether Hound
Other (For the love of god, post in the thread)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign OOC [Moving again!]  (Read 12400 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the OOC thread for this Rogue Trader play-by-post campaign. Young Rogue Trader Ferran Toskhain has received word her estranged uncle, governor of a feudal world on the edge of the Imperium, has died with his will stating the world and his post - even if unofficially - is to be passed to the girl. Unfortunately, inheritance is always a tricky business, and the subsector in question will soon have problems of its own...

I am still accepting players as long as they are familiar with any of the 40k RPGs. Find me on freenode webchat #bay12rtd if you require assistance with character creation.

However, here is our current team.

The Crew

NOTE: These are not likely to be updated for the most part. The players should update their own character sheet when anything changes.

Campaign Info
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:44:31 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before I start the game, you have backgrounds to figure out and ship/Profit Factor rolls to make.

From what I've gathered, Yoink's Rogue Trader has received her Warrant recently as a result of her influential father pulling some strings. This means you're unlikely to have served on her vessel for long. Gentlemen, get writing.

And Yoink, roll a 1d10. It'll decide your ship points and Profit Factor. Do you want to build your own ship or just take one of the ready ones? I can provide a list of the latter.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updating as we go:

Name: Ramirez Yorke
Rank 1 Astropath Trancendant
Origin: Void-Born->Scapegrace->Tainted(Mutant)->Hand of War->Endurance
WS: 36
BS: 40
S: 36
T: 35
AG: 35
INT: 35
PER: 40
WP: 51
FEL: 34
Wounds: 8
Fate: 3
Corruption: 0
Insanity: 2

Skills: Awareness (Per), Common Lore (Adeptus Astra Telepathica, Administratum)(Int), Forbidden Lore (Psykers)(Int), Invocation (WP), Psyniscience (Per), Scholastic Lore (Crytology)(Int), Sleight of Hand (Basic), Speak Language (High Gothic, Low Gothic, Ship Dialect)(Int), Dodge (Ag), Secret Tongue (Rogue Trader)(Int), Literacy (Int), Navigation (Stellar)(Int), Pilot (Spacecraft)(Ag)

Talents: Basic Weapon Training (SP), Pistol Weapon Training (universal), Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Charmed, Ill-Omened, Shipwise, Void Accustomed, Hatred (Chaos Worshippers), The Face of the Enemy, Heightened Senses (Sound), Soul-bound to the Emperor

Psychic Powers
Psy Rating: 2
Discipline: Telepathy
Techniques: Thought Sending, Astral Telepathy, Short-Range Telepathy, Delude, Compel

Mutations: Tox-blood

Weapons: common-craftmanship autogun, best-craftmanship stub automatic, common-craftmanship shock staff
Armour: guard flak armour
Gear: broken chrono, void suit, micro-bead, psy-focus

Total XP: 5000 - Available XP: 0

Mouseover for details.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:46:17 pm by NobodyPro »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm probably joining as a Seneschal.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh gosh. Oh gosh oh gosh. I meant to post here earlier, but then I was distracted by important IRC discussion.

As for the roll... 8. And I get a +1 to profit factor, I think.
I'll get writing on that backstory. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:29:51 am by adwarf »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and I've no real preference on a ship! Won it from a bet, donchaknow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And now I have received enough interest that I am no longer accepting players! NobodyPro and everybody else who signed up are still in, but that's all I can handle.

EDIT: Err, that is, Pandemix, NobodyPro, Theodolus (who will be joining late) and Caellath.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:50:17 am by Digital Hellhound »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: A Family Affair - Rogue Trader PbP Campaign OOC [Full]
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 02:53:32 am »

Spoiler: Jericho, Arch-Militant (click to show/hide)

Updated with skills.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:36:28 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 02:55:31 am »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we'll be very recently-formed.
Where you came from before and how my character's father knew you as a potential employee, well, I have no idea!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 03:09:44 am »

Re: ships - there are several premade ships you could buy with your 60 Ship Points. These are; the Sabre, a modified Firestorm-class frigate (50 SP, Core Rulebook, page 211), the Eternal Praetorian, a Lathe-class light cruiser (59 SP, Into the Storm, page 166), the Measured Response, a converted Cobra-class naval destroyer (35 SP, ItS, page 167), the Bounty of Scintilla, a Loki-class Q-Ship (31 SP, ItS, page 168) and the Sovereign Venture, a Tyrant-class naval cruiser (31 SP, ItS, page 169).

Of course, you'd be free to rename.

If you want to create your own ship, and I have no problem with that, go through the ship creation process in the rulebook.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 04:28:29 am »

98% through the character sheet but may not be able to post it until tomorrow. I may have broken my arm.

EDIT: If I may suggest ship names: Pyrausta, Phoenix, Antaeus.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:34:56 am by NobodyPro »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 04:30:17 am »

98% through the character sheet but may not be able to post it until tomorrow. I may have broken my arm.

Because of the rollin' and writin'? Very good. So, err, what career did you pick?

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 04:36:35 am »

The Psyker, Rodriguez Yorke.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 04:38:56 am »

Hmm? Astropath or what? No such career as 'Psyker' in Rogue Trader.

Well, anyway, time to learn how psykers really work.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:48:09 am by Digital Hellhound »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8