Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 453934 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #2385 on: December 22, 2015, 12:48:25 am »

Here is a picture of my current empire :)

http://i.imgur.com/3XdbGJe.jpg

I am spread out quite a bit, but securing Iberia sure helps a lot in being able to focus elsewhere. I probably should clean up the area with the Ottomans and make it look nicer on the map, but I like what I've done so far. My main goal will be to take all the provinces in north africa so I can connect the holy land empire with my iberian provinces. But that will have to be another time since I'm taking a bit of a break from EU4, cause that'll take quite a while with a lot of wars.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2386 on: December 22, 2015, 01:06:27 am »

I have never seen Pronsk before.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: December 22, 2015, 01:08:02 am »

I have never seen Pronsk before.
It's the extended timeline mod. You can tell by the disgusting square borders.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: December 22, 2015, 01:09:37 am »

Probably the extended timelines submod I have that adds historical nations that can form if conditions are right. Doesn't look like its in vanilla EU4 by a google search.

I also have a submod fpr extended timelines, that adds 500+ provinces, so that is a thing.

(edit: Heh yup was beaten to it :P)

As for borders. In real life many borders are square :P At least in the US that is a thing
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2389 on: December 22, 2015, 02:57:04 am »

Square borders look vile in real life as well, though.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2390 on: December 23, 2015, 12:23:07 am »

My Nepal game is running into the 7th century now, with the Chola dynasty having made some... Miscalculations.

Spoiler: fluff (click to show/hide)
The 30 years war lasted over 30 years and ended with Saxony thoroughly, thoroughly broken. Saxony's warriors were superior in all but discipline, but like any other men were just as prone to being starved to death. The Saxons long begged for peace but the Nepalese were relentless. North Africa wasn't enough, Jerusalem not enough, Cyprus, Baleares, Iberia north and south, Italy - all were occupied. The Nepalese even tried staging an invasion of Saxony itself, but although the Nepalese could operate 500 times outside their normal supply routes 5000 seemed too much. The Nepalese war effort was so brutal it attracted controversy back in the colonies and in Nepal herself. The Saxons were defeated, why inflict such punishment on them?

Ultimately it was just a matter of prolonging the war until the Roman civilians rebelled against Nepal. The Romans were handed city by city from Nepal, and did not think returning to Saxony was a smart idea. North Africa and Jerusalem were taken from Saxony racking up a mighty 173 overextension, reduced by 50 when the Nile administration took over half of North Africa. Saxony was never going to pose a threat to North Africa ever again, and the Roman Empire was avenged (and living once more!)

This is not where the miscalculation arose.
By the end of the war, Nile, Ethiopia and Nepal were all governed by three men each named Mahendrasimhamalla. The reign of the three Mahendrasimhamallas was... Eventful.
Nepal did not impose on the colonies' self rule, but that also meant there was no Chola oversight.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whilst Mahendrasimhamalla Nile and Mahendrasimhamalla Nepal managed over the vast administrational and cultural differences involved in incorporating the Saxon colonies (violent warrior people), Mahendrasimhamalla Ethiopia decided that Mahendrasimhamalla Caliphate was better.
One Mahendrasimhamalla converted to Sunni Islam and brought with him Ethiopia and Arabia. Mahendrasimhamalla Nepal gave Mahendrasimhamalla Caliphate independence over his Caliphate, upon which point he reformed it into a merchant republic based in Mecca, struck alliance with the Nepalese and declared war on the Parthians. Mahendrasimhamalla Nile is currently quite panicked about this state of affairs and Mahendrasimhamalla Doge Caliphate has his diplomats working around the clock to try and keep cordial relationship with Mahendrasimhamalla Nile.
Chalcedonism has successfully supplanted Hellenism/Germanicism/Continental Druidism whilst Arian Christianity filled the gap left by Animists, Slavs and other Germanics. The Coptics over time converted to Hinduism, and the Nestorians converted to Zoroastrianism. Confucianism is nearly extinct (the Han were forcefully converted to Buddhism during their times of trouble) and Islam has converted all of formerly Hinduthopia and Hindurabia. Britain is still druid as they kicked the Romans out before Christianity was introduced and the Germanics never successfully invaded a united Isles. Their invasion of Normandy was successful, but alas the Gauls just stole it off them afterwards - England is isolated with no diplomatic relations and no prodding to convert to Chalcedonism or Arianism. Nile Hinduism is also at risk of being cut off from Nepal Hinduism by the rise of Islam, as Aden remains the precarious Hindu gateway to the Red Sea. North African Chalcedonism will probably become North African Hinduism at some point, cut off from the Greeks and Saxons.
The Indian subcontinent after 7 centuries of Nepali rule still has significant minorities outside the East Aryan culture group. Also through the power of immigration and Romanization (Nepalization?) much of the Arabian peninsula is Nepali. The Caliphate is Nepali!
Han looks like a bean, Korea is two Koreas and a Manchu, Gallia is a big green blob, Austria is terrifying, Parthia redefining what a vertical country means and I'm quite happy with how I was able to make my buffer state of Kushan (Afghanistan) look like an elephant. And nestled between Greece, Persia, Nile and Nepal - is the Caliphate of Mahendrasimahalla #2, formerly Ethiopia

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: December 25, 2015, 03:12:02 am »

So, uh. Just picked up a bunch of DLC while it was on sale.

Is it normal for RNW sea provinces to all be named "Rand-Prov-Whatever"?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2392 on: December 25, 2015, 03:25:16 am »

No, that's a bug. Paradox might even fix it eventually.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: December 25, 2015, 05:50:07 am »

AI merc recruitment is sort of getting to me. They go absolutely crazy with hiring mercs, and it makes wars drag on forever, especially against wealthy nations. Not only do you need to drain their manpower twice over, but you need to send them into crazy debt if you want them to stop pouring mercs all over the place while you siege. It makes actually killing armies feel inconsequential, and also makes it so like half the nations in the game are in debt at any given time. I'm not used to it, but now I feel like I really need to just avoid fighting and immediately siege down their forts & make peace. Its not worth the manpower.

Speaking of manpower, that's another thing that bugs me - for most nations, I end up completely gutting my infantry and replacing all of them with mercs eventually. Keeping up with manpower just becomes obscenely hard until your nation is absolutely massive, even with Quantity.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: December 26, 2015, 02:45:28 am »

Rerolled until I got an interesting RNW, then started my 790s Yamato game. I happened to glance over at Europe, and-JESUS FUCK FRANCE WHAT ARE YOU DOING IT'S ONLY BEEN 30 YEARS

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: December 26, 2015, 05:11:10 am »

Rerolled until I got an interesting RNW, then started my 790s Yamato game. I happened to glance over at Europe, and-JESUS FUCK FRANCE WHAT ARE YOU DOING IT'S ONLY BEEN 30 YEARS
blob's gotta blob
._.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: December 26, 2015, 05:12:11 am »

blob's gotta blob
FRANCE HAS ENTERED A PERSONAL UNION WITH
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: December 26, 2015, 10:10:40 am »

I don't know. That Abbadsid blob looks rather scary too. They have the Middle East, Persia and a good chunk of North Africa. Obviously they're gearing up to fight off the Frankish hordes.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: December 26, 2015, 10:22:45 am »

Cool looking map! Which gfx mod is this?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: December 26, 2015, 12:43:09 pm »

Looks like Victoria 2.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 216