Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 569161 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2012, 07:22:56 pm »

I seem to have this recurring dream about being pursued through a dark city for hours, to the tune of Rob Dougan's Clubbed to Death. Pretty sure my subconscious is partaking in some copyright infringement, but w'ever.

Anyway, I'm being pursued by these people, can't think what I did wrong. Then I look over, and see some other guy captured by the mob and beaten to death. What did he and I have in common? Red hair.

GODDAMNIT SUBCONSCIOUS CALM DOWN, THAT SORT OF STUFF HASN'T HAPPENED SINCE 2008.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2012, 07:52:19 pm »

Damn. Damn. Damn.

First lucid dream (that I remember) for months and it disappears within a second. Fak.
That's every lucid dream for me. As soon as I'm aware I'm in a dream, I reflexively try to wake up.

One time I "woke up" into another dream, recognized soon after, and woke up again (for real). That one was odd.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 03, 2012, 10:40:04 pm »

Damn. Damn. Damn.

First lucid dream (that I remember) for months and it disappears within a second. Fak.
That's every lucid dream for me. As soon as I'm aware I'm in a dream, I reflexively try to wake up.

One time I "woke up" into another dream, recognized soon after, and woke up again (for real). That one was odd.

Only time I ever really lucid dreamt, I was in my home at the time, a trailer, and these strange, cartoonish severed heads, that glowed a sickly blue and bounced along the ground, and were various shapes like fat or skinny or really tall, were chasing me. I was like, "Fuck this. Wake up." Then I put my hands together like: (>.>)= and pulled up and down like I was trying to open my eyelids.
I opened my eyelids.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2012, 12:48:02 am »

It's weird, when I was a kid and would have a nightmare every night, I developed a sort-of 'waking myself up' technique. I didn't know anything about 'lucid dreaming', but during one particularly horrible dream (I believe I was being chased through the bush near my house by a pair of skeletal figures, clad in rags with their skin hanging off in strips) I rolled my eyes upwards into my head and woke up.

After that, whenever my dreams became too scary, there was some part of my consciousness aware enough to roll my eyes back into my head and bail out. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2012, 12:50:03 am »

Usually when I have a terrifying nightmare, it's about getting high and having to go to prison. But correctional facilities aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be, so they're not super terrifying, just, "Well, I'm boned."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ISP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2012, 11:07:37 am »

I dreamed about rollerskates, demoncandy, and homestuck fangirls... suffice to say a weird night.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:16 am »

So, Frumple, amongst several other forumites, was in my dreams last night. o.O It was a bunch of blocks of line infantry, ETW style, and each Forumite was the 'captain' or what have you of a block. I think we were the french for some odd reason. There was a chasm right in front of all of us, and on the other side was the English. We were firing, and Frumple talking quite calmly about something.
It was a bit strange.
He's fucking with us.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2012, 11:20:39 am »

Was Frumple represented by his avatar?  Remember any other forumites?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2012, 11:22:54 am »

Yeah, it was his avatar. Kinda. It was human, but looked like that thingy. So, it was wierd. And no, not really. I know there was several of them, most notably Frumple because he was talking to me. The others were just shouting at their men, and they all looked human, but I 'sensored' they were forumites.
He's fucking with us.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2012, 11:23:16 am »

My dreams always involve video games in some fashion, even dreams I can barely remember always give the impression of video games being involved somehow.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2012, 11:27:59 am »

You better not have dreamt that I was french, Hans. >:(
Don't make me hop up in yo dreams and smack your dream-self upside the dream-head.

More on-topic, I was just flipping through an old exercise book of mine looking for a blank page to write on, and I discovered a dream I'd recorded; several pages of crowded, messy handwriting about goodness-knows-what. I should probably read through it shortly.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:13 am »

You better not have dreamt that I was french, Hans. >:(
Don't make me hop up in yo dreams and smack your dream-self upside the dream-head.

More on-topic, I was just flipping through an old exercise book of mine looking for a blank page to write on, and I discovered a dream I'd recorded; several pages of crowded, messy handwriting about goodness-knows-what. I should probably read through it shortly.

So, get this. I have a bit of racism in me. I don't blatantly hate, but I'm... Oddly distrustful of Japanese people, and French people. I don't know why, and I do make an effort to overcome this prejudice, but it's there.
So why the hell were we French in my dream? >.<
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2012, 03:45:17 pm »

I... I just achieved a whole new level of lucidity yesterday.

I MANAGED TO CONTINUE DREAM PHYSICS! I am creating a stable environment that I can control. One filled with yellow shirts and hyper buoyant ping pong bats. I'm hoping I can go back to the dream island, the last I can remember of it is this;

First, we were on a boat. I say we, but if I could remember who it was, it'd likely not even matter because I'm pretty certain it changes.

It crashed, hard. The actual boat crashing also happened in a later dream (post island, but not inclusive), so I'll start with the first dream sequence and the latter.

It was a pretty huge boat in the first dream, but I never got to go through the lower decks - because we were hit by a storm and I was thrown overboard and down. LUNGS WHYY.
And then it proceeded to the island.
However the later dream, I stayed inside it. It was far bigger on the inside than the outside... It was weird - I was seeing rooms I had seen in dreams years ago. What's weirder is I REMEMBERED IT. I RECOGNIZED THEM. When the storm hit everyone evacuated - but I stayed trying to get something or someone. It was very important. Being dream physics I was able to slow down the flood till it was naught but an enjoyable indoor swim in the sea faring Tardis. The boat also capsized and there the dream ended, with the denizens sitting on the upturned hull.

AND just typing this has made me remember a dream of the depths... I shall not talk of that one. Fun deep ocean dream physics.

Arriving on the island, everything was wrecked. No working electronics, boat broken and the island was surrounded by a fissure the ocean constantly drained into, from such a steep angle it seemed to be more akin to a waterfall or quirky dream physics at work again. We set up a settlement with suitable living, planning to build a bridge across when we were attacked by Rhesus Macaques. Everyone's chasing them, hunting them when I can't tell what happened next... But a few things happened. I saw from the perspective of someone else, that someone fending off with brutal efficiency scavengers from my settlement (no survivors), raptors and t-rexes just popping up and chasing us like crap through woods I can distinctly call from watching a documentary more then a decade ago regarding jumping spiders. All of the other survivors disappeared from my view (occasionally reappearing), as I ran through my memories laying traps for the few remaining dinos. Every time I ran past a wooded area - I would transition into a different memory from a different wooded area, culminating in a chase through the streets of london.
Suddenly, back at the island, and the bridge was built. We made it across via raft to home, whilst others swam holding onto super buoyant ping pong rackets.

-->
Later version of dream, 9 long weeks later
The settlement was there, no one was dead, the jungle was replaced by plains. Perhaps deforestation to prevent macaque insurgency was invoked?
We were building a plane. Some way or another - we ended up in the sea beyond the chasm, where I was advising everyone to grab some ping pong rackets and swim. IT WORKED.

But of course, there never really was a ping pong racket.

It was all in my mind.

Tonight's plan: Attempt to return to island
  • Attempt to look down the chasm. - No existing memories with such a phenomena means that whatever occurs will be entirely dream based.
  • Attempt to fly.
  • Ride T-rex.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2012, 03:52:40 pm »

Was utahraptor there?
Maybe T-Rex just wanted some friends D:

Also lucid dreams are really bugging me, because I do all of the preparey stuff and I've got a journal and I'm remembering something approximately every other night but still nothing on the front of dream!me actually being not stupid.
I blame some external influence that isn't me.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #344 on: October 05, 2012, 04:09:09 pm »

Was utahraptor there?
Aye, clever girls. Still, I was in home dream turf, they were no match for me.

Maybe T-Rex just wanted some friends D:
Possibly. Though I'm sure Dream-rex'll be fine :P

Also lucid dreams are really bugging me, because I do all of the preparey stuff and I've got a journal and I'm remembering something approximately every other night but still nothing on the front of dream!me actually being not stupid.
If you want my (very bad) advice, I've never had a dream journal and I never really do anything beyond just sleep normally - but I did deliberately induce scary quasi-sleep paralysis once on purpose and twice on accident, working on exercising control over dream stuff. The moment you are aware you're dreaming, it gets easier. Still takes months to years of work, and I still can't reliably get full control. Yet. Tonight I shall try for science.

I blame some external influence that isn't me.
Not saying it was aliens...
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 339