Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567322 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1380 on: March 19, 2014, 11:00:25 am »

Nasty dream last night. Incredibly nasty involving body horror.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WTF brain. Can't I have some decent dreams, please?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 19, 2014, 11:03:23 am »

I shudder at what may go on in your head in the daylight hours.

my zeh ultimate dream. c;

I was at home in my attic with some humanoids I know and we were talking, at some point a shadow woman came over and searched deep within my mind, I warned her that she really shouldn't do that but she kept searching farther within eventually she found out that I was some dark ancient being that was nearly invulnerable and even if my physical body was destroyed I could easily recover.

I was now in a library and I was talking to someone I knew in a weird language sounded like growling while gurgling shards of glass, I dont remember much of that part. ;'c

I was now in a church, me and some humanoids did some stuff and I used my abilities to entertain them, but some soldiers attacked, I quickly killed them. We didn't seem bothered by the soldiers being evaporated and watched some TV, we started watching the news and they were talking about me, they apparently discovered my existence and were were arming themselves to kill me.

Later on I went outside I was outside and hundreds of jets came after me, they were using some kind of rare purple substance that could hurt me. My body was nearly destroyed at one point but I got mad and started teleporting onto the jets and threw them so hard that the g forces caused them to explode.

I was then with a bunch of adolescent humanoids and I was changing how I looked so that I could hide from the people after me, I took on the form of a human female so the peoples would have a harder time finding me. (I was very adorable C:)

I went to a restaurant with an acquaintance and the jets shot at me a few times but then flew off, I went inside and one of the employes asked if they had seen me, I told them I hadn't and ordered my food. I woke up and quickly fell back asleep.

I was male again and I found out someone was planning to capture someone I was fond of, so I flewported far away (to another dimension?) and I was now in a city full of sentient ponies, I went to a motel and found something at the end of a every darkening hallway. I heard a beast further within and decided to leave.

I went back to my home dimension and with some humanoids and the one im fond of and some soldier woman in armour grabbed the one i'm fond of and took her away. I was enraged at this point and decided to take on my female disguise again. I was then for some reason in walmart trying on a dress in the bathroom which was stuffed full of other woman also trying on clothes, I woke up the end.

I have no clue what you're smoking, but I want a metric ton of it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 19, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »

...Ouch.

At first I accidentally read it as "Body armor" so I read it, thinking you'd maybe beat up some villains while wearing body armor.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 19, 2014, 01:09:46 pm »

That sure sounds like a mob execution to me. Although here in Russia we prefer to pull off legs.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 19, 2014, 07:42:25 pm »

I had a dream a few months ago that i remembered recently. I listened to Chemical Warfare by Slayer, and played Operation Flashpoint: Resistance before going to bed and that seems to have influenced it somewhat.

I lived on an unnamed island. We weren't any major nation, but things were good there. Then one day an unnamed nation that was obviously the Soviet Union attacked us. I managed to avoid any combat that went on and just stayed down.

Then two friends of mine asked me to drive them to where the resistance was, and that i should join too. I told them that i would drive them near the camp but that i had seen too much death and there was no way in hell i would join the resistance. Cue enemy soldiers firing at us with AK-74s while we drive down the road in my truck. My friends jumped out and ran for it while i grabbed my AK-74 from the truck and gave the enemy a very short lesson on firing accurately. I took them out with no difficulty. I was confused though, they had no way to know what me and my friends were doing and no reason to fire at us.

At that point i heard a woman screaming on the radio (I keep a radio in my truck, apparently) that the unnamed enemy was using chemical warfare and that she was caught in the middle of it.

Now i was really confused, if they used chemicals, that would backfire horribly, we wouldn't just take it. And why on civilians? They would gain nothing from that. I put my gas mask on (I was really well prepared apparently) and drove to help the woman. I got there after about 5 minutes and somehow she was still alive, it was some really crappy gas apparently. I gave her a gas mask and basically threw her into the truck before driving away to join the resistance.

The middle bit is a blur, but i became the resistance leader, and we apparently won, killing all of the enemy leaders (except one collaborator). The woman was still with me, and we were standing outside a house not really doing anything, when the collaborator came out of nowhere with a knife. He was apparently afraid that he would be killed if he gave himself up (despite me trying to tell him otherwise and get him to drop the knife.) While trying to talk him down i was positioning the woman in front of me hoping she would take the knife rather than me. Despite what happened up to now i wasn't very brave it seems. But he managed to stab me just above my armpit and it was fatal so I woke up.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 22, 2014, 10:43:25 am »

I had a dream where I was playing some sort of game where I was being trained to perform a job that involved organising various objects into boxes based on various rules about what belongs where, and how much should be in each box.

The thing was the exact rules I was supposed to follow were given to me by these instructors, but some of the instructors were trying to set me up to fail and trying to teach me to do the job wrong, and through trial and error I was supposed to figure out which ones were the good instructors and which were the bad ones.

After I woke up I closed my eyes and continued organising things into boxes because I'd left a round of object organisation left undone.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 22, 2014, 10:24:10 pm »

A few nights ago I dreamed that I pulled off my jaw, as though it had become mostly disconnected and I was just ripping the remaining tendons or whatever. It wasn't painful, more like the sensation I remember as a kid of losing a tooth, and I wasn't too bothered by it.

...until I tried to open my mouth, and realized I didn't have a jaw. I don't think I've ever woken up yelling before then.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 23, 2014, 07:59:10 am »

Had a dream there was a stalker in my kitchen. I was in the living room, which is connected to the kitchen. I did not know this, so when I got a phone call from my mum (Also in the kitchen) I was rather confused. She told me that she was (This bit is foggy) proud of me, then stuff about why she was proud of me. Again, I found this weird, so got up and was about to go through the door and into the kitchen.

That's when I noticed the stalker.

He must have come through the door without me noticing it, and was holding a frying pan of all things. My dream self was really calm, but I could almost taste my hidden shock and turmoil. I just stood there, and the stalker (Who was hunched over and twisted) started praising me, then saying he'd asked my mum to praise me too. So, I figured it would be a good idea to play this to my advantage, and asked the stalker for the frying pan, which looked rather heavy. He promptly gave it, and I pushed him as I went through into the kitchen.

My mum was sitting on one of the kitchen chairs, her head on the table. When she saw me she mumbled something about the weird man hitting her with a frying pan after the phone call. My sister was lying on the ground, a thin trail of blood seeping from her nose. I presumed that she, also, had been hit. That is when I woke up.

Not full awake, more an "I am awake enough to know I want to sleep regardless of that dream" awake. Apparently my mind had other ideas. My eyes were half open, and weighted down with sleep. Despite this, they could still see the darker blotch of shadow on the ceiling. It was slowly making its way towards me,and I scrambled to wake fully up. My eyes would open, then fall again. Somehow I knew that the void approaching me was going to kill me, so I practically lunged for my lamp to turn it on. Thankfully, this worked, and because I didn't particularly feel like turning the lamp off again I read the Gunslinger book until light came through my window. I then slept peacefully until now, when I woke up.

The strange thing is that upon waking I went to look closely at the bit of ceiling where the dark void had originated from. There was a minuscule crack that ran roughly as wide as the void had been. And there it was, stretching across my ceiling, what my sleep deprived mind can only comprehend as "The portal from whence it came."

That was one messed up dream.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:01:52 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 25, 2014, 07:10:44 pm »

I had a dream where i was a detective or SWAT officer or some type of Police officer raiding a house/apartment that a cult was hiding in somewhat similar to a SWAT 4 level.

The first bit of the dream was actually from the cult's view. Eventually the cult began committing mass suicide while somehow simultaneously murdering people. One cultist brought the children into the basement and set it on fire, which is really all I remember of that bit of the dream.

Change views to the Police raiding the house, since these people are clearly violent. None of the ones who were still alive were willing to give up, instead killing themselves, or trying to kill us and dieing in the process. When all was said and done I went to investigate the basement, alone. The trap door leading down there was all boarded up so i removed the boards and climbed down the ladder. Inside, everything was pristine, no bodies, no sign of a fire, nothing. I had a feeling something was wrong though, and went to leave. But there was no ladder, no door, nothing. At this point i realized this was probably a dream, and this was not going to end well, the voices of children chanting something behind me further convinced me that i needed to wake up immediately or die horribly. I kept my back to them, figuring that my brain wouldn't brutally murder me if I couldn't see it, closed my eyes and began trying to force myself awake. I managed to wake up, just as my back started to get uncomfortably warm, and felt like there were claws tracing it.

The uncomfortableness continued for about a minute after waking up, and the goddamn construction work outside was probably a part of what cause everything to go horror movie on me, the hammering was at about the same volume as the chanting. No idea what they were chanting though, for some reason I think it was "Haunted house is haunted" but that would be silly.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 25, 2014, 08:40:07 pm »

I had a dream where i was a detective or SWAT officer or some type of Police officer raiding a house/apartment that a cult was hiding in somewhat similar to a SWAT 4 level.

The first bit of the dream was actually from the cult's view. Eventually the cult began committing mass suicide while somehow simultaneously murdering people. One cultist brought the children into the basement and set it on fire, which is really all I remember of that bit of the dream.

Change views to the Police raiding the house, since these people are clearly violent. None of the ones who were still alive were willing to give up, instead killing themselves, or trying to kill us and dieing in the process. When all was said and done I went to investigate the basement, alone. The trap door leading down there was all boarded up so i removed the boards and climbed down the ladder. Inside, everything was pristine, no bodies, no sign of a fire, nothing. I had a feeling something was wrong though, and went to leave. But there was no ladder, no door, nothing. At this point i realized this was probably a dream, and this was not going to end well, the voices of children chanting something behind me further convinced me that i needed to wake up immediately or die horribly. I kept my back to them, figuring that my brain wouldn't brutally murder me if I couldn't see it, closed my eyes and began trying to force myself awake. I managed to wake up, just as my back started to get uncomfortably warm, and felt like there were claws tracing it.

The uncomfortableness continued for about a minute after waking up, and the goddamn construction work outside was probably a part of what cause everything to go horror movie on me, the hammering was at about the same volume as the chanting. No idea what they were chanting though, for some reason I think it was "Haunted house is haunted" but that would be silly.

I can picture it now.

I WOULD draw a picture, but I can't draw facial expressions to save my own !!<<*skin*>>!!.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 25, 2014, 08:58:32 pm »

I can picture it now.

I WOULD draw a picture, but I can't draw facial expressions to save my own !!<<*skin*>>!!.
Times like this I would like to be able to draw, because I was terrified, but looking back it's hard to take it seriously because haunted house is haunted.

Minepow2

• Bay Watcher
  • Mystic Glyphs! Ooooo~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 27, 2014, 09:47:48 am »

Interesting dream tonight.

It all started with me, as a fifteen year old boy from America showing up at a Japanese school.  He wandered around the halls for a bit, then met up with some people that could speak English.  They told me that I was three months late for school, and that I would have difficulty catching up.  Right after saying that, they give me a scratch piece of paper and throw it at me, running away at high speeds.  I pick up the paper and see six lines of Japanese characters.  From there, I walked around for what felt like two hours when I found one of my classes.  I go in, and it turns out to be a class called 'Reading Steam Boats.'  Of course, I was quite confused, so I went up to the teacher and asked what was going on in class.  She yells at me in Japanese and points at the clock.  It read 4:44 PM.  I look at my schedule again and for some reason, the location and time of my next class is spelled out in plain English.  Shrugging off my bewilderment, I run off on a ten minute walk to the docks.  My class is there on the boat with some sailors, all of them running around the ship and docks with crates and shouting in Japanese.  I walk up to the captain and ask him about... something.  From there, the captain translates my schedule into English, tells me about a field trip to the sea in a few days, then tells me to go to bed. 

I go to bed, then wake up from an alien attack on the town.  I wander around the school in confusion.  I find a stadium with some Pokemon inside along with the school staff and students.  Not at all fazed by this, I walk into a room labeled 'Don't enter here for story.'  I enter, and I find Doctor Light from Mega Man with Mewtwo arguing about whether the clones should be destroyed.  I listen for a few minutes, then walk 'home.'  This 'home' was a large mansion with several video game consoles that looked like arcade machines.  I go up to one, and one of the many buttons says 'Bard 5' on it.  Pressing it, I sit down on the attached seat and start playing.  Right in the middle of going through a street of angry people with a rocket powered transformer robot, I wake up.

...all I did last night was read this thread.  And eat popcorn.  Have any of you gotten strange dreams after reading this thread?

OH, and one last thing.  Hello!

No comments to be found here! 

It was inevitable.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 27, 2014, 03:05:08 pm »

I was in my bed but I couldn't get up or even really move and voices in my head were telling me to sleep, I repeatedly said "No" and was eventually able to get up. I could barely stand so I pulled this weird colored thing off my chest and saw some weird button things that had pictures of me on it. They were various souls of me and the biggest button was the actual me and I had just taken over his body for awhile. So I pushed the buttons in put the colored thing back on and was able to walk with ease.

I went down stairs and it wasn't my house anymore it was some weird building lit by oil lamps and had white thin walls, someone told me about 2 giants/ogres that lived here that I would have to sneak past, I started walking towards the exit and I began to feel weak again so I pushed the buttons in but they resisted, So I pulled the colored thing off again and forced them in.

I felt better and continued on to the exit.
Things got weirder much much weirder. but I forgot the rest of the dream. :C
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 28, 2014, 06:23:35 am »

I had two Dreams tonight, whose content matched the names of a poem I wrote on Wednesday morning.

The first ("Mir i Voyna") took place in a dingy, gray world. Desolate's a good word. I think both My dad and I were smoking cigarettes. We went outside onto the barren landscape and watched various american military aircraft fly by, and I explained how these were signs of death. A UH-60 Blackhawk, A-10 II thunderbolt, A supersonic jet emblazoned with Air Force One flew by, and a chinook shifted from it's regular appearance to looking like bones as a plague cloud surrounded it. As the Undead-Chinook flew by, a Vulture carrying a deerskin also flew in front of it, at which point I pointed to it and said "Look, the Great Spirit shows us... (I forget the rest of what I said, something along the lines of what the signs meant or something or other)"

The second ("Cintaku") was just me chilling with this girl I love and we were talking about Hawai'i and I touched below her eye into which an eyelash had fell and slowly that led me to softly stroking her face which led into her attacking my face. Strangely enough, I can remember what the kiss felt like.

Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 28, 2014, 06:40:07 am »

So apparently, all I can really remember from my today's dream is that I was at a house that looked like a combination of my home and my grandparents'. My mom and sister just came back (from shopping, I think) and they were cooking some beans in the kitchen (which were all packed individually - that must've been a pain to unpack all of those) and my mom apparently mistook them for cigarettes (cooking cigarettes? Really, brain? I know my mom is a chain smoker, but seriously?). And then I checked my PC and it had like 6 accounts on it for whatever reason...

I don't even know anymore. Maybe it's for the best I can barely remember what I dreamt about...
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 339