Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53022 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [10/10]: We're counting on you (day one)
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2012, 12:16:04 pm »

Ok, now back.

PPE: TolyK, webadict

Unvote now that I see the thing about that leg.

But first, clarify:

Card Shark == Stealer of Cards

I'm unsure if this has been asked before.
Leafsnail; Mod: Does the Mafia have a NK? Will there be Full Role//Cardflips?

TolyK, Deathsword: Since you've claimed those legs, can you claim if they have any other things written on it? Like "Has the capability of movement" being legs, or expound more on that knowledge that TolyK said here. I don't think that leg has any power on it's own as a Yugi-Oh card so...yeah. Knowledge?

Did you two even ask the Mod more about those legs? It says in the OP that you can. And while it says early massclaiming is inadvisable, those cards aren't yours to begin with (seemingly having switched away) so excuse me for asking but can you both claim what exactly those cards do?

And to stop Zrk2's card ability, don't claim the full name.

Also, I really do suspect we've a card thief//swapper around after reading my cards once more. Words like 'While holding' are evident in their description.

A'right, it seems that we've headed into speculation and deliberation territory. First of all: Why are people talking about D1 plans? Judging from the way this is played, how is that even possible? We've got cards instead of roles, we've got cards instead of abilities. In order to do plans, this probably involves abilities. To say abilities, we must claim the basic uses of our cards.

And an early massclaim is inadvisable.

Next, are we all firm on the belief that the legs == SK? Because that seems like a double win condition for such...probably pointing out for a survivor or third-party in general.

It has exactly what's written on the Yugi-oh card, iirc. There's no apparent ability.
D1 plans is a bad idea, but D2 plans might be a possibility. If anyone dies this night it will be bad, since that means there's either a mafiakill or someone has an ability that deals lots of damage.
I don't know about the body parts belonging to whom, as much as anyone else. It seems like an exclusive win condition, based on "infinite knowledge".

What?!

Your card was swapped for that leg which grants knowledge if the seal is bluh bluh...You know that.

But you say what happens as if you know more than the name unlike what you said here, in the past tense, when it's seemingly a creature type.

Also...if it's a creature card then that's a good way to test on Zrk2's ability .
Yeah. If you read the link I added, then it says whenever someone says the word the creature gets +2/+2. And thus "same ability" I meant by "same ability as the real-life card".
And that would be very scary indeed.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2012, 12:28:11 pm »

Leafsnail; Mod: Does the Mafia have a NK? Will there be Full Role//Cardflips?
I can't comment on group abilities other than to say that they may exist.  When someone dies you will see their alignment and the cards they died holding.

Mod: Either I'm being dull, or Dariush isn't in the game because he didn't send in cards. The latter is true, right?
Dariush is not in the game at all, yes.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2012, 12:44:04 pm »

No time to proofread or correct, lunch over.

In brief, wuba is scum because of excessive town flag waving [1],
Who defines excessive? What makes it scummy? I don't see what you see.
going as far as that "0.00001% chance" thing about the truth teller as red herring to give himself appearance of credibility,
...What?
and most importantly for trying to get the town to rally around him and "do as I tell you".
I see nothing at all sinister in that post. He said it works (the accuracy of which I can't comment on), but he never told everyone to follow his lead.
He has tried this in other games as scum with disastrous results for town.
And? He didn't propose a specific course of action. The situations don't seem the same to me.
He has also committed the normal scum moves of lies, half truths, and putting words in people's mouths, as well as trying to back off a scummy position when challenged on it.[2]
From where I'm sitting, you look more guilty of this than he does.
[This goes for everybody]: If your "seems reasonable enough to me" refers to making plans and whatnot, then I ask you to disabuse yourself of that notion: coordination on D1 has been tried and is a horrible idea.
Where did he say anything about D1?

Wuba and Toaster were scum in BSER, and forced onto the town a "let's all mass claim D1!" master plan. It was a total disaster, the rivers ran red with townie blood. Wuba's "do as I tell you" and Toaster's "Town coordination, wuba knows what he's talking about", coupled with wuba's "I'll tell you my cards if you'll use them to help town" and similar statements seemed to me like they were about to suggest we all lay our cards on the table. Because, you know, coordination. Horrible idea, and scummy of them to move close to it (more so because they have done it before).
But he didn't do it. Do you think this is just a replay of that game?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2012, 01:28:53 pm »

Book:
I still stand by what I said.

Prove it: answer the fucking question: What exactly did you mean by "Town coordination" then, that if the scum follow they'd fail to forward their own plans? What exactly is it then that "usually works"?

You know damn well what I mean, but I'll play your game.

I meant that when the town, with solid coordination and a reasonable understanding of the factors at hand, plans usually come together.  Games with open roles (Paranormal being the shining example) work better at this, but look at games like Politibastard as well for other examples.

Toaster is mostly guilty of trying to get town to go along with it without even questioning wuba's intentions or alignment; his unquestioning agreement seemed suspicious to me, but then came the worse one: instead of trying to justify or rectify his "wuba knows, town coordination works" statement, he first tried to disown it, then make us believe he never said it, then failing to answer questions about it. That's horribly scummy.

Haha.  Please, tell me; what exactly am I trying to get the town to go along with?

Zrk2:
Also a sound idea, I just wanted to see if he had any actual ideas to back up his claims. Clearly he does not, so my tolerance of it is over. Unvote, Wuba you need to answer my question; do you have a plan for the town to work together, or are you just fucking around?

Why couldn't this have been a vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2012, 01:35:22 pm »

Drifting off to wondrous sleep soon, just noticed I kept this logged on while finishing up personal work

Mod: Votecount? And...was that a typo on the hammer//lynch thing in my previous post?

TolyK (Thanks for helping me fix that name of yours)
-snip-

It has exactly what's written on the Yugi-oh card, iirc. There's no apparent ability.
So iirc == If I Recall/Remember Correctly. Judging from that...I get the feeling that you're trying to get from memory, strangely, what is right in your PM box somehow. That, or it's just me being partly sleep deprived.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2012, 01:40:14 pm »

Did you really just unvote and POS Wuba because one post convinced you enough that way? It seems a bit more like you're trying to vote someone to not stand out as "not voting for wuba", to me at least. Can you try to convince me, in one post, how you go from "I suppose that makes sense" to "Wuba... are you juts fucking around?", then?

If you will look back you will note that I asked him to elaborate on his "plan" instead of just spouting platitudes, and he failed to respond to my posts when I asked for further clarification, so that convinced me that he was lying.

Tiruin:
Re: Wuba, your idea of all working together falls apart because it will let the scum worm into the town strategy and ruin it. We are stuck working as individuals until such time as we know what is what. Or do you have a plan to circumvent this?

Zrk2: Why are you so ready to trust someone to come with a plan for you to follow? How do you know they're not scum?

I am not, however if there are good ideas then I would be willing to follow them. However none have been forthcoming so we can now move on.

Also...if it's a creature card then that's a good way to test on Zrk2's ability .

My abilities will allow me to know some cards that haven't been claimed in thread, so note that now before this turns into a shitfest later on when I do somethign unexpected.

Zrk2:
Also a sound idea, I just wanted to see if he had any actual ideas to back up his claims. Clearly he does not, so my tolerance of it is over. Unvote, Wuba you need to answer my question; do you have a plan for the town to work together, or are you just fucking around?

Because I was giving him the benefit of a doubt. Now I'm not; he's had more than enough time to respond.

WUBA tell me if you have a bloody plan or if you were just spouting off. The vote may be removed if you can prove you had an actual idea when you went on about creating some over-arching plan.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2012, 01:49:21 pm »

Drifting off to wondrous sleep soon, just noticed I kept this logged on while finishing up personal work

Mod: Votecount? And...was that a typo on the hammer//lynch thing in my previous post?

TolyK (Thanks for helping me fix that name of yours)
-snip-

So iirc == If I Recall/Remember Correctly. Judging from that...I get the feeling that you're trying to get from memory, strangely, what is right in your PM box somehow. That, or it's just me being partly sleep deprived.
Yes, I was doing that from memory, to see if it matched. I didn't have time to check the fact at the time.

Did you really just unvote and POS Wuba because one post convinced you enough that way? It seems a bit more like you're trying to vote someone to not stand out as "not voting for wuba", to me at least. Can you try to convince me, in one post, how you go from "I suppose that makes sense" to "Wuba... are you juts fucking around?", then?

If you will look back you will note that I asked him to elaborate on his "plan" instead of just spouting platitudes, and he failed to respond to my posts when I asked for further clarification, so that convinced me that he was lying.
Hm. You still seem to be a bit jumpy, since you instantly changed the FoS to a vote when Toaster asked you. And didn't he say:
@whoever thought there was a plan: there is no plan. Book made that up and threw fancy wprds in there to make it sound like I advocated some Day 1 plan. I did not. I never did. I stated that plans do work. So does teamwork. But I have no plan to make a Day 1 plan.

@whoever says I'm not.answering.questions: i have literally 3 times the questions anyone ever has. I don't answer them all. I don't see them all. Please quote them if you feel it's important to answer, or if it's not important, don't. If your question is buried inside a paragraph of questions, DON'T DO THAT. I can literally not.read that. The sentences form together. Break them apart if you.want all of them answered.
while pfp? So your "had enough time" argument doesn't exactly apply, does it? Thus it seems as if you voted Web just because Toaster asked why you didn't.
It may not be that way, but it seems like that. Your overall behavior seems at least a bit jumpy.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2012, 01:52:55 pm »

EBWODP: Derp, I didn't actually check.
Yes, the official card text exactly fits with my card text.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2012, 01:55:22 pm »

Zrk2

Either you just skimmed recent events or are...blind to what web has posted.

Zrk2:

Because I was giving him the benefit of a doubt. Now I'm not; he's had more than enough time to respond.
[...]
WUBA

So let me see your reason(s) on Wub

His reason, despite what you say about having enough time (I mean, timezones. You should know timezones...Also, wow, nice work. Benefit of what doubt to be had?)

Okay. So, I'm glad I have no internet until this after, because then I have to slowly type out everything on a phone.
Followed by:
First, extension.
Seems awfully quick that you vote after being asked an innocent question 13 hours ago. Why did you bold my name without answering anything I asked you (and quoting others) anyway?

PPE TolyK2

Zrk2 is 'at least a bit jumpy'...how does that correlate to anything (I guess you're trying to point something out by saying that). You throwing soft balls?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2012, 02:04:47 pm »

I'm not sure if I'm using the term "jumpy" correctly, but he seems to very willingly go with what folks tell him to do (or even imply).
He fairly quickly changes his opinion.
Also, Web knows what he's talking about.  Town coordination usually works, and it's because the scum aren't given room for error.  If they follow along, they're not forwarding their own plans.
Okay, I suppose that makes sense. Now how do you propose we work together?
Followed by:
Zrk2: Why are you so ready to trust someone to come with a plan for you to follow? How do you know they're not scum?
And:
Zrk2:
Zrk2, dude, did you not read what I said? No, it does not make sense. "Town coordination usually works" is both bullshit and implies acceptance that wuba is town.

Here's how I propose we work together: we all question people and try to identify who is scummy. Then we vote them, and present cases about why. The scummiest will be the most voted and will be lynched. During the night, play your best game with a mind to aid whoever you think is town or screw over the scum. D2, depending on results, perhaps share findings and with data reevaluate the notion of whether a plan is workable.

And then Toaster.
And then the huge vote in red.

That's what I mean by "Jumpy", more or less.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2012, 02:47:07 pm »

Tiruin:
Agreed.

Also, I have an arm, not a leg.

Bigger post coming yet today after I have some rest.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2012, 05:37:13 pm »

Hapah:
UI: I can't follow why you two are up in arms about what Web (and Toaster) said. It seems reasonable enough to me. Can you try to spell it out for me?
He's going on about trusting others and being trusted by them, a luxury which is only possible if one knows who they can trust. (hint: Town doesn't) I think I understand what he's been saying now, but I'm keeping my vote on him until he answers my questions.

Think:
UI: Fair enough. Unvote. Do you think protection would be sufficient, or a more stealthy approach would be preferable?
Not getting killed would be sufficient. As an SK in BYOR9, I was focused on staying unnoticed. Once I decided to be more active about my killing, I got counterkilled instantly.

web:
I see.

Questions you didn't answer:
web:
This isn't an opinion. It's pretty easy to prove.
Then please do.

Now, as for Exodia... I doubt that there are more than those two missing cards, unfortunately. But, I might have a way to stop that...
a) Why do you doubt that?
b) If you doubt there's more, what's to stop?

What. I care what EVERYONE says. If I didn't, I wouldn't be trying. I can't understand how you feel it's acceptable to not care. I'm literally baffled. If I don't stop stupidity while I'm alive, what will you do when I'm dead? Am I supposed to let you do your own thing?
I know you care. You obviously care a hell of a lot, judging by your reaction, which was quite disproportionate to the stupidity of the question. My question is why do you care that much?

Additionally, why do you assume you'll die?

Also, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting?

Tiruin: Why FoS Zrk2 when you're not voting?

Zrk2: Please state the reason for your bandwagon vote on webadict.

TolyK:
EBWODP: Derp, I didn't actually check.
Yes, the official card text exactly fits with my card text.
Why didn't you?

Extend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:02 pm »

6 votes required to lynch.  5 votes required to no lynch.  Deadline is 1:30am GMT time, on Friday the 14th of September (about 3 hours away).

Votecount (any apparent mistakes are mistakes, please correct me if you see any):
Think0028 (1): Hapah
webadict (4): Urist Imiknorris, Bookthras, Think0028, Zrk2
Zrk2 (1): Toaster
Bookthras (1): Tiruin
Not voting (3): Deathsword, webadict, TolyK

4 votes required to extend, 3 extensions remaining.  Currently there are 2 votes for extension (webadict, Urist Imiknorris).  An extension would extend the day for 48 hours.

All players have posted since the last mod update.

Hammering is a form of lynching.  This game runs on a hybrid hammers/ deadline system - the day either ends when the time runs out (person with the most votes gets lynched, tie results in no lynch) or when the hammer number is hit (it then ends immediately).  I'm not entirely sure what you're asking otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:40:49 pm by Leafsnail »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 13, 2012, 05:55:09 pm »

Tiruin's voting Book?

...Huh. How did I miss that?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 13, 2012, 06:24:40 pm »

WUBA tell me if you have a bloody plan or if you were just spouting off. The vote may be removed if you can prove you had an actual idea when you went on about creating some over-arching plan.
Zrk2. What are you talking about? What plan? Because I literally posted right before this that I have 0 plans. I never had a plan. Where did I say I did? Did Book tell you that? Because he's the ONLY one that claims that I had a plan. Because I didn't. Not only that, but you're not paying attention:

@whoever thought there was a plan: there is no plan. Book made that up and threw fancy wprds in there to make it sound like I advocated some Day 1 plan. I did not. I never did. I stated that plans do work. So does teamwork. But I have no plan to make a Day 1 plan.
Is it the buzzword "plan" that gets everyone going, or what?

Also, to Bookthras:

Last Active:
    Today at 04:53:41 pm (Current time: 5:11 PM)
Lurking. I assume that's so you don't have to answer for your lack of evidence on me, and your false accusations. Take note of the fact that your inevitable death will probably be because of this. Anyone that's not paying attention enough to realize these things should be killed, regardless of alignment.

web:
I see.

Questions you didn't answer:
web:
This isn't an opinion. It's pretty easy to prove.
Then please do.

Now, as for Exodia... I doubt that there are more than those two missing cards, unfortunately. But, I might have a way to stop that...
a) Why do you doubt that?
b) If you doubt there's more, what's to stop?

What. I care what EVERYONE says. If I didn't, I wouldn't be trying. I can't understand how you feel it's acceptable to not care. I'm literally baffled. If I don't stop stupidity while I'm alive, what will you do when I'm dead? Am I supposed to let you do your own thing?
I know you care. You obviously care a hell of a lot, judging by your reaction, which was quite disproportionate to the stupidity of the question. My question is why do you care that much?

Additionally, why do you assume you'll die?

Also, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting?
Working together: Every game ever. I can't list any more examples than I already have. Follow the leader: Dethy Deluxe, any game (preferably Paranormal) with a confirmed townie, not as common, as you require a leader that can be trusted (hence the trust factor).

Why I doubt it is because there's 10 people. That means 1 person had the choice of cards. That also means that 2 people just claimed it. Considering that that's already 3 of 10 (with a few claiming otherwise), that that's all of the cards out there. As for what's to stop, the collecting of all 5 cards.

I care so much because I'm trying to win. I play to win. I don't play to let everyone screw off. If you want to screw off, that ruins my game experience. So, I will actively try to avert such behavior.

As for why I'll die, it's because I'm webadict. It's harder to find a game where I don't die within the first two Days than it is to find the opposite. This isn't new, yet every time I say it, people seemed thoroughly confused by this.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28