Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239363 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect
« Reply #300 on: October 01, 2012, 03:59:04 pm »

They will probably change it.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 01, 2012, 04:09:53 pm »

You can pipe trough doors you know.
And small piping can go trough walls.

Does anyone know how to set up a common room correctly?
My prisoners keep complaining about recreation constantly.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »

they say on the dev forum that you need two common rooms as having one is bugged.

also, remember to check your regime and put in more time to eat, shower and fill it  to the brim with free time / yard

or not - if you have single cell you can let them rot in a lockdown :P

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #303 on: October 01, 2012, 04:32:13 pm »

I usually do fine with having a bunch of free time, a bookcase in every room, and a few TV's in the holding cell. I'd put a TV in every cell and have the happiest prisoners in the world, but there's just not enough money for it.

I'm also finding that spacing meal time 12 hours apart is better than the lunch and dinner only default, and two shower times for an hour each seem to work well, too.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 01, 2012, 04:34:23 pm »

I wonder how they will balance free time in the future.

My bet is that giving your prisoners a lot of free time means they have a lot of planning time.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 01, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

My bet is that giving your prisoners a lot of free time means they have a lot of planning time.
On the other hand, the more free time they have, the less that they want to escape.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 01, 2012, 04:46:58 pm »

More time for smiggling and traffiking  :P

I also think I'd want a corrupted administrator taking a share of gangs commercial operations...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 01, 2012, 04:49:18 pm »

Anyone figured out a work around for "Missing Family"?

Will putting phones in the (2) Common Rooms solve that? Because inmates seem to do fuck-all with ones placed in the yard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 01, 2012, 04:49:55 pm »

It seems to be that they are for the common room going by a Letsplay I watched.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 01, 2012, 06:09:33 pm »

On the other hand, the more free time they have, the less that they want to escape.

Not really...no one wants to be in prison for any amount of time lol

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 01, 2012, 06:20:00 pm »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-29-prison-architect-paid-alpha-makes-USD100-000

Game will be getting updates in "probably a month." Hopefully those are new features and not some bug fixes that would be mighty appreciated sooner rather than later, although I'm content to wait regardless.

Incidentally, the game earned $100,000 worth of preorders in 72 hours. Which, by Kickstarter standards, is pretty tame. But Introversion is thrilled since it's probably the most money they've ever made outside of an official release.

Some talk about new features at a Eurogamer Con thingy that Delay spoke at:

Chris Delay used his time on stage to demonstrate new features coming to Prison Architect in "probably" a month. One was default locked doors that guards will need to open. Sounds simple, but it changes a lot. Opening doors can take up a lot of a guard's time, and the repercussions can alter the entire design of your prison.

Another feature was tunnelling. It's not realistic, but films like Shawshank have made it prison lore. Your prisoners will pretend to be asleep but secretly be digging tunnels, and they'll try to shift dirt in the yard. They even collaborate and dig tunnels quicker together, the rogues.

Another feature is riots. If prisoners needs aren't met, they'll riot: huddle, hop up and down in rage and duff up any unfortunate guards. You can lose control of entire sectors of a prison to riots. And when you have no guard presence in a sector, a fog of war will creep in and gradually obscure the area. You'll have no idea what's going on in there.

Sectors gripped by riots turn red. Prisoners barricade doors. Guards won't obey your order to go in there. "It's above their pay grade," Delay quipped. "They're not going to go in there because they're going to get dead."

So you call the Riot Police, who are armoured, armed and tough. And you call some paramedics. And maybe a fire engine. Then you need to set about reclaiming the sectors of your prison.

Another feature Introversion is chewing over is gangs. Several iterations have been tried already, apparently. "But it just doesn't work yet," Delay said. He also mentioned contraband, but said it was another "very very difficult" mechanic to implement. Contraband could be thrown over walls or smuggled in through visitation rooms, then dished out via the laundry system. It's complicated.

Chris Delay demonstrated riots and tunnelling and locked doors and patrol routes during the session. The video of that will be uploaded probably next week. If you want a glimpse at the future of Prison Architect, watch it. Morris and Delay are also lovely and chatty, so it's entertaining as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:31:27 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 01, 2012, 06:23:57 pm »

I never got far, but will it be possible to make a columbian prison or do you have to treat your residents well?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 01, 2012, 06:28:13 pm »

Odd... I can't find where I downloaded it from... Where is it???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 01, 2012, 06:30:32 pm »

Download is on the wiki I can't access due to not having bought it yet.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 01, 2012, 06:32:16 pm »

You need to register an account on their main forums, then follow the link that was posted back on page 12 or something. That'll give you access to the wiki.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:37:29 pm by nenjin »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 107