Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Recyx ( Post-Apo MMO with robots )  (Read 4627 times)

Shozen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Recyx ( Post-Apo MMO with robots )
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:07:17 pm »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/psr/recyx-will-they-find-the-energy-needed

Nice new MMO project that just got a kickstarter up.

It's about controlling little customizable robots in a post apocalyptic wasteland...

All the info is in the kickstarter page so enjoy!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:20:40 pm by Shozen »

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Recyx ( Post-Apo MMO with robots )
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:41:43 pm »

This looks pretty cool. Reminds me a bit of Haven and Hearth.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 07:56:55 pm »

Why is everything on Kickstarter?  Why does no one have money before doing a project?  *Tableflip*

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 08:09:23 pm »

Free money for anyone with a cool enough sounding pitch.  It's the perfect crime.  Now I'm starting to wonder if there's any kind of contractual obligation here.  What happens if somebody gets the money and just plain doesn't deliver at all?

In other news, I decide to look at the full-sized version of Girlinhat's avatar.  oh my god it looks so clever
Shoes...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:12:01 pm »

Free money for anyone with a cool enough sounding pitch.  It's the perfect crime.  Now I'm starting to wonder if there's any kind of contractual obligation here.  What happens if somebody gets the money and just plain doesn't deliver at all?

In other news, I decide to look at the full-sized version of Girlinhat's avatar.  oh my god it looks so clever
Oh god please just go read the kickstarter thread. Not repeating the 40 pages of conversation there.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Shozen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 08:23:49 pm »

Now I'm starting to wonder if there's any kind of contractual obligation here.  What happens if somebody gets the money and just plain doesn't deliver at all?

They lose their credibility...  But you have to convince Kickstarter and Amazon first before your project gets approved.

That's why you need to actually have a project that has already a bit of development done and some gameplay footage to show so that people know you are legit.

Heres the kickstarter faq about that

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/kickstarter%20basics#Acco

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 08:41:09 pm »

Why is everything on Kickstarter?  Why does no one have money before doing a project?  *Tableflip*
Well they seem to have 2,000 bucks despite only having 8 backers, so I'm guessing they may have had some people lined up to invest in it so they can try to better entice people into thinking this is a legit project, so I'm guessing they already had some money, they just want more.

Also making a game is an expensive thing to do, it's not surprising that people that want to make games might try to get some money invested ahead of time so they can work full time on it.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 08:53:46 pm »

It's also a lot easier to get into the game industry by making your own game instead of spending years and years working on random junk titles until someone decides to take a shot on you, and then maybe, just maybe, you get to do something important, and then maybe you actually stick there and do a good enough job to be recognized as above the rest of them, blah blah blah.

Kickstarter just makes it easier. Game still has to be good, at least to a decent portion of people, but still a lot easier(If riskier) then the alternative.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »

It's pretty much obligatory that any thread based on a Kickstarter project will be half about whether Kickstarter is good :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 09:27:08 pm »

Derailed at third post.  Is it wrong that I feel I am a superhero, with the ability to influence people's thoughts and lead discussions where I please?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 09:42:06 pm »

Maybe it wasn't really you. Maybe it was the primal force of the Kickstarter working through you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 12:18:36 am »

Maybe it wasn't really you. Maybe it was the primal force of the Kickstarter working through you.

So then, Kickstarter is taking on theological aspects? In that case, I propose Kickstarter is like Ianus, the Two-Faced God of Doors and New Beginnings. But give it twelve months, and I may change my mind to Loki.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 02:44:37 am »

This game looks awesome. Panzer Pets was a game I immediately went ''Meh'' on upon seeing it but I love it that Recyx seems to focus on working together with other players. I haven't really seen any end-game ideas so that does worry me, but I still think this game should be given a chance.

Professor Zephyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 08:15:49 am »

Honestly I would much prefer they go the Undead Labs route and come out with a single player game first, and then move up to an MMO. Granted that is mostly because this sounds like something I would prefer a single player version of, but also because I am a little bit leery of kickstarted MMOs.
I am become Jon, formatter of hard drives.
Pages: [1] 2