Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32

Author Topic: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 77020 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - IN SIGNUPS - 5/7
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 07:34:42 pm »

He was only in as a spoiled spectator.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 07:35:44 pm »

Some people are really keen on his watching. This is all a performance art. Or something.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nabic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 06:02:48 pm »

I'd like to get Into forum mafia.

xny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 09:34:47 am »

I'd also like to in, if that's ok.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - 7/7
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 01:11:40 pm »

Its ok.  ;)

Game will start around 4 pm today.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 01:19:44 pm »

xny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2012, 01:31:33 pm »

Take a shot.

4:30 from now, assuming his local time is correct as it's different than the default forum time.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2012, 02:12:38 pm »

Take a shot.
4:30 from now, assuming his local time is correct as it's different than the default forum time.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2012, 06:07:33 pm »

A booming voice intones, "WELCOME TO ZOMBOCOM!"

Zombo com? But you were at bay12 com, a super obscure corner of the internet with exactly 9 members.

You see the other 8 people around you. Clearly two of them must have visited ZOMBO.COM and turned into zombies.

Your only hope of escaping is to find the two zombies within you and destroying them.

Current vote count:

Nerjin -
    ShoesandHats -
    kingfisher1112 -
    Captain Ford -
    Mr. Zero -
    Nabic -
    xny -
    Shakerag -
    Jim Groovester -

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
5 votes needed to shorten the day

Day 1 will end Wednesday, October 17th at ~9:00 P.M. PST.

Don't expect flavor to get better.  :P

xny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVII: Welcome to Zombo Mafia - Day 1 - The only limit is yourself
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2012, 06:49:51 pm »

Captain Ford: With this being both of our first games, what do you hope to learn?

Mr.Zero: Do you feel it's more painful for town when the cop or the doctor is roleblocked? Why?

KingFisher1112: If you are an unclaimed doctor with a confirmed cop, do you protect him or someone else?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2012, 06:58:42 pm »

Time to put on my SHERIUSS MAPHYA FAEC and ask some first day questions!

Nerjin
If someone said that they were the cop, would you trust them? If you were the doctor, would you protect them for the night? Why?

kingfisher1112
If you were the cop and someone who had recently been acting suspicious just claimed they were the doctor, would you investigate them or someone else who had been acting suspicious? Why?

Hopefully I'm not already violating some kind of rule already. I haven't played in a while, but that's better than not having played at all.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2012, 10:55:26 pm »

@xny: Protect the cop. It is simply most beneficial.
@Shoes: The other dude. Mafia do not like to attract attention to themselves.

Captain Ford: Which do you think serves a better purpose, Cop Or Doctor?
Nabic: If you had a 1shot Vigilante, how would you choose how to use it?
Jim Groovester: If you were scum, who would be on your list of priorities to kill?
xny: If you could be Cop or Doctor, which would you use?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2012, 11:00:04 pm »

Time to put on my SHERIUSS MAPHYA FAEC and ask some first day questions!

Nerjin
If someone said that they were the cop, would you trust them? If you were the doctor, would you protect them for the night? Why?

-snip-

The answer is: Depends on the context. If they've seemed honest and upfront so far I would but if they seemed even slightly suspicious I would probably not trust them. Furthermore I would protect them henging upon whether I believed the claim or not. The reason being they could easily just be fake-claiming.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2012, 02:35:21 am »

Now that the game has started and I am now responsible for teaching seven of you how to play a game, I will say the following first.

I will be a completely impartial source of advice that I will freely give at every opportunity, whether I am asked for it or I decide to give it on my own. You can trust that everything I have to say will be given in good faith, even if it comes at a personal cost to me in this game. If you do not listen to what I have to say, for any reason, you will severely hamper your ability to learn how to play the game. So, to reiterate,

Listen to what I tell you.

If you don't, then what's the point of me being here?

For those of you who don't know what to do, games usually start with the Random Vote Stage. You should pick a target randomly, vote them, and ask them a question. The sole purpose of this is to get conversation going when there would otherwise be no reason to do that. I'll start.

Nabic, let's say it's late in Day 1. The person about to be lynched is somebody you think is town, while your target is only a few votes away from being in the lead. Do you extend and try to change people's minds or do you wait and see what happens?

Ideally you should ask game related questions in the RVS. Asking what kind of flavor of ice cream is a player's favorite does absolutely nothing to help you find scum, which is your primary goal.

And because it bears repeating: Your primary goal is to find scum. Everything you do should help you towards that goal. And I do mean everything.

If you're scum, you will obviously have a different goal: Avoid detection until the end of the game. The best way to do this is to look like you are trying to find scum.

Since many of you are going to have no idea what to do and will mangle scumhunting in just about every possible way, it does you no good to hold back. So be bold, and just do the best you can. Ask lots of questions, try to get a good feel for how the game is played. I'll be there to help you when you go wrong.

Additionally, before anybody else does anything, I will stress the importance of activity. You should be as active as possible. A good guideline is to get one good post in a day, but if you can post productively more often than that it's generally a good idea to do so. As a player, town or scum, being active and visible is very much an asset, as you're out there making yourself readable, and this is considered a town quality. While there are very good personal benefits to being active, the reverse is detrimental to the whole game. Low activity makes games hard to play or outright kills them. This is fun for absolutely no one, so make a good effort and be active.

If you played a Beginner's Game before you probably recognize this spiel, but it's good all the same.

xny, this is your first time playing but you obviously already know what to do to begin. What's the extent of your exposure to mafia, and in particular, Bay12 Mafia?

Jim Groovester: If you were scum, who would be on your list of priorities to kill?

Lurkers.

Poor activity kills games, so I'd kill so that the game didn't end up being a piss-fucking poor Beginner's Mafia. Since I likely would have no trouble appearing town, this wouldn't be too much of an issue for me, and I think it would be vastly more instructive if the game stayed active throughout.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nabic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2012, 03:37:41 am »

Nabic: If you had a 1shot Vigilante, how would you choose how to use it?
Hold onto it until I find someone suspicious. I'll use it once I'm fairly sure they're scum. No point in wasting a one-shot just to hit town.

Nabic, let's say it's late in Day 1. The person about to be lynched is somebody you think is town, while your target is only a few votes away from being in the lead. Do you extend and try to change people's minds or do you wait and see what happens?
Extend the day and change others' minds. After all, the purpose of the day is to find and lynch scum. Killing townies doesn't help the my side. However, if the day already was extended, getting another extend could wear everyone out, especially because we're all new players. I might instead let the lynch go through and suggest a any cops investigate my target.

ShoesandHats, suppose you're the cop. On the first night, do you investigate an IC, or a suspicious player?

Shakerag, if you are the mafia role blocker, would you block a suspected doctor or suspected cop?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 32