Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which faction do you like the most?

The Loyalists (Led by Pan)
The Revolutionaries (Led by Grimnir)
The Radicals (Led by Brewster)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.  (Read 49646 times)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Hammerscar - Politics, rebellion and war.
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2012, 02:48:57 pm »

If no one minds, I would like to take the dwarf known as Bronze. No rename needed.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: Hammerscar - Succession game, serious tone, grim mood!
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »

If no one minds, I would like to take the dwarf known as Bronze. No rename needed.

I'd like a turn and a dorfing as

Engineer/Architect/Bowyer

See if you can get him to flash red.

I'd imagine BronzeAge would.  :o
There are plenty of other dwarfs not taken. Miners! Even the mayor hasn't been taken. Anyone on the Blackdiamond except me of course.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2012, 09:48:52 pm »

Ah, the main past say's that that dwarf was unclaimed.

I will take any old dwarf then. Name it (me?) Pokonic.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2012, 10:13:28 pm »

Has Sloth been drafted into the blackdiamond? It seems be has done nothing worth mentioning since his arrival. I assume he is sitting in a stock pile somewhere gathering moss.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2012, 10:52:39 pm »

Ah, the main past say's that that dwarf was unclaimed.

I will take any old dwarf then. Name it (me?) Pokonic.

It doesn't - it says he hasn't been dwarfed yet. At least not from what I know.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2012, 11:05:23 pm »

Scroll 7

The moment of end, is the moment of a beginning. The year was coming to an end, and in mid-winter they came, migrants, nine of them. I inspected them all very closely myself. I assigned them all into their own squad, with non-stop training and 2 on constant patrol of our walls. We set-up cage traps along the walls as well, to up our security. Sure enough a flock of Kea people storm our fort! I saw them coming easy enough. We, the Blackdiamond secured our lands and the skies. It rained blood and gore that day, as we were able to snipe nine of them from the skies. Their bodies landing in heaps on the ground.

Rimtar demanded the fortress make three bucklers, so I humor her and put the order in. Shortly afterwards she demands we make two bucklers... it's getting extremely irritating now. One of our crafting dwarfs got into a strange mood, like the two before them, the crafter demands supplies for a creation they're not willing to share details on. Lucky for us a dwarven caravan came to supply us with silk thread the crafter demanded. Soon afterwards the work began on the relic. It turned into a glass throne. It was marvelous. We placed it in Rimtar's room, since half the fortress calls her mayor, she claims she needs a throne of proper accord.

I step outside taking note of the fortress status. The toll of leadership is draining! I wish for the simplicity of the hunt again, not the rigors of politics and management!   While in a daydream, I notice across the river a werechameleon! It attacked and killed two dingo people, then transformed into a human and fled to the hills. Such an odd sight. I continue to be paranoid and stressing over our defense. I have our new legendary glassmaker start crafting glass weapons that Tirion swears he can use in a trap. I rest against a tree and slowly close my eyes... I need a rest.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:25:37 pm by Brewster »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2012, 11:55:37 pm »

Entry coming soon

Don't kill the vamp. He'll be useful for... storyline purpose.  ;)

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2012, 12:23:58 am »

No, I mean, was I redorfed as a older person already? If not, I was already in need of a redorfing.
Otherwise, uh, just dorf me as a lawman named husk.

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2012, 03:26:46 am »

Since Reaver said he couldn't play for thanksgiving, (it's thanksgiving, right?)  suppose Pan's up.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2012, 05:18:58 am »

Alrighty then! I have just the storyline cooked up.

Hey, are re-runs possible in a succession game? This is my first time, and usually I tend to notice community forts more than succession, so pardon my ignorance.  :P

Real smooth, Australian Winter  ???  Edge of the map fortress? Why not dig into the nice hill on the left side of the map?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 05:35:26 am by Pan »

eharper256

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary +5 Nep-Nep Fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Detarame
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2012, 05:45:34 am »

Guess I'll take up being Dwarfed in this game as well when you have the time. :D

Profession doesn't matter, just the first un-named dwarf to catch your attention, probably for doing something idiotic. His/Her name is Eli and he/she collects chrysanthemums. :P
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the f**k has my script!?"
Community Fort "Lakebones"
My Games & Anime Blog, Detarame

AustralianWinter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2012, 06:03:05 am »

Real smooth, Australian Winter  ???  Edge of the map fortress? Why not dig into the nice hill on the left side of the map?

Because it looked cool with the river coming out of the hill just right of the entrance. Or something.

I don't know! Do I look like a man with a plan?!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2012, 06:38:45 am »

Prelude

'Greetings to you, fine dwarf. I am Egas.' said the human, extending a hand. 'Egas Waywardblankets.'

Pan stared at him, at a loss for words. He slowly reached both hands up to shake the offered hand.

The human looked at him peculiarly but continued, assuming his silence as some sort of dwarven custom. '... The caravan of Behal Naquuv, The Kingdom of Veiling greets you. We have brought goods to trade, and humbly request guest and trade rights.'

Why is this happening? Where are the Blackdiamonds, and the wild fire that burns everything non-dwarven?

They had ridden in on a warm summer day, bringing the sound of creaking vehicles and the scent of exotic meats in their wake. The bronze and iron of their arms and armor glinted off the late afternoon light as the column rode into Hammerscar's fields. They were unopposed and unchallenged as if they were long-time friends and allies of dwarves by the patrols. Or at least, as if they were friends of Hammerscar. Pan had been called up to the trade depot, out in the fields, as if it were the Autumn caravan of the dwarves.

Why is this happening? Where is Grimnir, Reaver, the fire and axe?

The human was still staring at him. Pan cleared his throat and gruffly stammered the pleasantries. 'Hammerscar welcomes you, longtime tradesmen of the Empire. We would be honored to trade fine dwarvenware with the exotics of the overworld...' He extended and waved a hand clumsily over the trade depot. 'We have crowns of uhm... most sublime quality, forged with fire. And cloth. Fresh fruits, too. And... mugs.' He clumsily cleared his throat again.

The human merchant nevertheless looked impressed, and appraised the surroundings... then collapsed face-first onto the ground, bleeding out the bolt that pierced his throat, the white sand eagerly drinking in his blood. Hisses of bolts filled the air, and Pan to the ground while Blackdiamond crossbowdwarves leapt out of it around the depot. The wild dwarf Brewster raised his unloaded crossbow to the air.

'HAMMERSCAR! HAMMERSCAR! A THOUSAND CUTS! THOUSAND YEAR HAMMERSCAR!'

His voice was joined and drowned by the chorus of the Blackdiamonds and the choir of bolts.

Pan nodded awake, panting. Why does this keep tormenting him? That memory belonged in the heat of summer, not now, the dead of winter.

He must keep working. There were records to take, stones to count, and scores to keep.

Yes, the scores must be kept. That is all that matters. That and his drink. The third barrel was almost empty. That must be remedied.

Brewster, it's ok if I reference past events you did not document, right? Edit: Accidentally overlooked Scroll 6 at the time of writing this, so I thought the killing of the humans was not recorded. Good thing my entry is still compatible to Brewster's entry!  :o

Anyway, next part coming soon. It'd be nice if someone can tell me what the human civ is called, too. Also, I'd appreciate knowing how to get a print screen screenshot directly onto desktop. This one image took me far too long.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:59:15 am by Pan »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2012, 06:50:30 am »

Tirion's Personal Log

Entry 10

Human caravan arrived, Brewster ordered them massacred. Blackdiamonds followed order, took out all of caravan with no casualties, only injuries. Why? Knee-jerk reflex after justified slaughter of elven caravan? Or... yes, that desperate for live training for troops? Understandable. But not acceptable. Humans are allies, never betrayed us. Wrong time to start. Need cover story, secret kept from further migrants, liaisons, caravans. Who to blame? Elves? Kobolds? Goblins? Grimnir speech would be nice.

Entry 11

Vampire confirmed, kept locked in. Good riddance. We may need a hammerer.
Set up cage traps along wall, useful to capture invaders, wildlife. Most of local fauna too dwarflike, unethical to eat, still extremely useful for military training.
Kea people invasion detected, dealt with. Blackdiamonds firepower formidable. Good results may encourage formation of further crossbow squads. Personally, could do with a crossbow. Easy to carry around during civilian life, not difficult to operate. Could hit side of a barn. Permission to wear armor would also give sense of safety. Might not have enough resources for extensive civilian militia project, though. Maybe with more abundant armor grade metal source found. Or using invader gear.

Mayor keeps mandating production of bucklers. Could argue for wisdom of it, can be made of leather, wood, light enough not to burden during civilian life. Drawback: smaller than shield, provides less cover. Continued requests... problematic.

Crafter made artifact green glass throne. Beautiful, may make mayor happier when inevitable mandate failure happens. Also testament to crafter's glassmaking skills. Local sand a limitless resource, can make staggering amount of weapon trap components. Trade goods, also, if we run out of gold. Production requires large amount of bags, could use elven... ahemm, import, for that. Power source could be limiting, number of trees growing above ground renewing, but finite at given time. In area secured by walls, doubly so. Also competing with metallurgy for resources. Underground exploration encouraged, could use more trees or magma.

OOC: character already speaks in shorter sentences than usual. More work, less time to write, more events, more to write. Altered style justified.
Possession by Mordin Solus also an option  ;D
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2012, 07:21:39 am »

Well... I feel stupid and relieved.

Turns out, when I wrote my Prelude entry, I missed the entirety of page 5. I missed Brewster's Scroll 6 and Grimnir's change of heart.

I'm relieved, though, that my Prelude entry is still valid and surprisingly compatible.  :o Back to work, then!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35