Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Triple monitor  (Read 3094 times)

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Triple monitor
« on: November 18, 2012, 02:24:21 pm »

So I'm taking the leap top a triple monitor setup with one of them fancy pants mount things. Does anyone have a setup like this? Is there some wonderful place that offers discounts on three monitor purchases? Should I get normal or widescreen monitors?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Triple monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »

Assuming you're going sideways, it would seem strange to me to have three widescreens (often at a premium, or at the expense of vertical resolution/expansiveness if essentially equivalent, but differently-ratioed, to the non-widescreen versions) when you're getting your width out of the multi-monitoring set-up.  Extended peripheral vision in a flight-sim, perhaps?

Not actually sure what your fancy pants mount thing is (call me a technoluddite, I just put extra video cards in the system and "extend desktop" or equivalent), so I may not even be understanding what you're doing.  For all I know, you just want to do something similar to what this guy does, rather than this one...

As for discounts on multiples, perhaps an office supplier might do something, or the manufacturer's own business-supply site, but I suspect that we're talking tens of items to get the first level of discount.  Also probably depends on your country and what sort of spread of retailers you actually have available to you.  (For all I know, there's a proliferation of "buy one monitor, get the next half price!" deals, but I've not seen anything like that in my neck of the woods.)