Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits: Scum Win: Across the Border  (Read 60455 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits [Sign-ups] Day 1: The Courthouse
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:20 pm »

Burn_heal has replaced Kadazar
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

fraxert

• Bay Watcher
  • hey-di-lee hi, and ho-di-lee hok
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:36 pm »

Darn, I forgot. Unvote
Burn_heal, same question.
"Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason." - StarkRavingMad

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 01:09:41 pm »

A lot of new faces in this game. Welcome to all the new players. I'm looking forward to a nice, fair game without any "accidents". Like last time.

ReDeadEr: How is your name supposed to be pronounced? What meaning does it have?

Fraxert: What's the best thing about living in Texas?

Onyxjew944: Are you actually jewish? On a related note, are you actually made of onyx?

Tiriun: From previous games, I'm aware that you live in a radically different timezone from the rest of us. What sort of challenges does that pose and how good do you think you are at dealing with them?

+!!scientist!!+: What's it like being constantly on fire? Also, would it be good for the town if we lynched you?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 01:18:11 pm »

"Ayup, looks like we got some hangin' to do folks. Dem bandits got a mighty damn gall to do in Ol' Jimmy Pete, and I aint a-gonna rest until they wind up as wind chimes."

Captain Ford, what exactly are you a Cap'n of?

+!!scientist!!+, what's the guiltiest thing a man can say?

Onyxjew944, what happened to the other 943 Onyxjews before you?

Tiriun, tell me straight up- did you kill Ol' Jimmy Pete?

Ironyown, in your own words, how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Fraxert, if you're a bandit, what would you say to make me think you weren't one?

ReDeadEr, where were you on the night of the 7th?

Burn_heal, if you were innocent, what would you say to make me think you didn't do it?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »

Short Answer: Evil.

Spoiler: Long Answer (click to show/hide)
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 01:58:19 pm »

Thank you for the welcome, Captain. As to my name, Urban Dead was my first experience with online gaming of any sort and this name's sort of a relic of those days. It's derivative of the names of those undead enemies from Legend of Zelda, Redeads. I've always figured it was pronounced like recall or remember. Only with dead.

notquitethere,  I was at home. And asleep.

Anyway, I guess I'm supposed to ask some questions at this point?

Onyxjew944: What do you say to allegations by people who I definitely didn't make up that you are neither jewish nor an onyx at all?

Fraxert: What kind of swallow, African or European?

notquitethere: How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 02:44:07 pm »

notquitethere: How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

Current research is highly inconclusive, ranging anywhere between 70 to 3481 licks. The world may never know. Question: how does this line of questioning help establish whether I may be a bandit?

ReDeadEr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIII: Jackelope Bandits Day 1: The Courthouse
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2013, 02:56:24 pm »

I guess it doesn't. But I'm surprised that multiple people actually researched that. I'm not sure what kind of questions would be helpful in that regard.

fraxert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2013, 03:26:34 pm »

Fraxert, if you're a bandit, what would you say to make me think you weren't one?
Ahem, "Herp derp I haz a roal, don't killz me"

The tumbleweeds, (I have seen one as big as a smart car) and the wind I guess (I live on the panhandle which is on the great plains, so we  have fairly strong wind.  I must say I dislike the tornadoes, however.

I don't know that.
"Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason." - StarkRavingMad

burn_heal

• Bay Watcher
  • "G'day folks!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »

fraxert: about 15 mph I'd say

notquitethere: I'd state my innocence simply, address any concerns and get on with life. Defending oneself too vehemently would probably only increase suspicion (if there was any).

I'll be back with questions a bit later...

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 04:32:21 pm »

Onyxjew944: What do you say to allegations by people who I definitely didn't make up that you are neither jewish nor an onyx at all?

Onyxjew944: Are you actually jewish? On a related note, are you actually made of onyx?

Onyxjew944, what happened to the other 943 Onyxjews before you?
[/quote]

Oddly, you lot are the first to have ever cared about my name since its conception several years earlier. In answer to your questions,

I agree. No. No. It involves either a rape dungeon or random.org, I seem to have forgotten which.

+‼scientist‼+ How do you science if you are constantly on fire?

notquitethere Then where are you?

Burn_Heal I believe scientist has need of you in the foyer.

Captain Ford If I were a bandit, what would a lovely conversation over red wine in the moonlight sound like?

ReDeadEr How do I pronounce your name?

Fraxert Same question.

Tiruin Approximately how many of the players seen thus far have made a complete mockery of this game?

Ironyown I sense an inside joke within your username, that, or random.org has made a fool of me again. Any thoughts on the matter?

COMIC SANS!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 04:51:22 pm »

+!!scientist!!+: What's it like being constantly on fire? Also, would it be good for the town if we lynched you?

a. highly illuminating, it fills me with a fiery passion for !!SCIENCE!!.

b. other than giving our lynching tree a fine looking ornament (I am well-made after all, just look at my name) lynching me would only be the killing of a loyal, innocent citizen.

+!!scientist!!+, what's the guiltiest thing a man can say?

probably "I did it!" or "bathing in the blood of your murder victims is amazing. Trust me on this, 'cause I know from personal experiance. :D"

+‼scientist‼+ How do you science if you are constantly on fire?
easy. Don't science, !!SCIENCE!!

ReDeadEr: Why aren't you randomly accusing like everyone else? also, does your name mean:

a. You were very dead (deader), but you came back to life and were killed violently agian.
     b. You are a very powerful Legend of Zelda Zombie.
     c. You are an Emergency Room for Legend of Zelda Zombies. (redead ER)
     d. other (explain)

NotQuiteThere: When will you get there?

Burn_Heal: Why do you insist to stand on the side of the extinguished?

Captain Ford:  Would you consider yourself to be more Captain America or more Ford Prefect? (from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Fraxert: What do you think of the game so far?

Tiruin: Scince everyone else is being asked I'll ask you: What does your name mean? (I also ask because I have no clue)

Ironyown: What came first, the chicken, the egg, or the chicken sandwich?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

fraxert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 05:02:06 pm »

Fraxert Same question.
If you mean the same as your question to ReDeadEr, the answer is Frak-sert
If you are reusing my words, then this website http://style.org/unladenswallow/ provides good answers.

+!!scientist!!+, good beginning with hints of an absolutely !!FUN!! endgame.

Unvote

Tiriun, whats with the pointy ears. Are you an elf?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 06:08:27 pm »

Before I answer any more questions, I must confess some amusement at how several players have picked up Nerjin's mispelling of IronyOwl's name in post #28. Kind of interesting to know that they're referring to that post rather than the OP for picking their RVS targets.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »

The tumbleweeds, (I have seen one as big as a smart car) and the wind I guess (I live on the panhandle which is on the great plains, so we  have fairly strong wind.  I must say I dislike the tornadoes, however.

I wasn't aware they got that big. I find this to be kind of alarming. Perhaps the bandits aren't our biggest concern ...

... but then, we can't hang tumbleweeds, so I s'pose it's not worth losing sleep over.

I don't know that.

I think you forgot to scream.

Captain Ford:  Would you consider yourself to be more Captain America or more Ford Prefect? (from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

Oh dear. Definitely more Ford Prefect. If I could be half that zany, my life would be complete.

Captain Ford If I were a bandit, what would a lovely conversation over red wine in the moonlight sound like?

... there are so many ways to answer this question. I'm going to go with my favorite, though. *clears throat*

"Sounds kinky!"

+!!scientist!!+:

b. other than giving our lynching tree a fine looking ornament (I am well-made after all, just look at my name) lynching me would only be the killing of a loyal, innocent citizen.

Is this a role claim?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21