Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40

Author Topic: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Game Over!  (Read 89216 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - An accident
« Reply #345 on: February 07, 2013, 01:14:24 pm »

TheZoomZoll:
Perhaps you should consider what the traditional use of the blue text actually is?  In any case, between NQT and Deathsword it doesn't matter, but certainly burn Dariush, because we want to be sure.
Blue was suspicion or some exact term.Can't remember it on spot.

ZoomZoll: please outline your reasons for thinking Ford is scummy.
Right time to do some digging and quoting..
Captain Ford fits both those criteria.  I'd ask you why you picked TolyK, but it's pretty obvious why you wouldn't want to lynch yourself.
From a strategic point of view, it is much more profitable for scum to lynch an active player than a lurker, since it would remove a possible threat. As such, unless scum was really idiotic, Ford would be the best target for the tiebreak, not TolyK. The only reason scum would choose the lurker is if the other target was scum. Thusly, it can be quite easy to deduct one of the possible scum. Ford.
Post-lynch Analysis
Scum would probably not knowingly targeted a mason when a townie could be hung, so either they didn't know Tolyk was a mason, scum believed Ford to be a mason (unlikely given he voted tolyk), or Ford is scum. Scum would have no reason to suspect the alignment of TolyK as TolyK only voted once, in the RVS, and they only just got heat in the last few days. So the scum either made a choice between two unknowns or Ford is scum. Basically we haven't learned anything that we can use for scum hunting.
Ford:
Dariush:
You haven't explained why you've done it.
I have explained quite thoroughly WHY I did it. You clearly don't understand my explanation and don't want to. There is really nothing I can do about that.
Nope, you didn't. The best thing you did was give a pointlessly elaborate and obvious explanation of who must prefer to be seen as who by whom and that was it. There is no positive to town reason to claim mason.
Therefore, you knowingly did something that has the possibility to hurt town without any benefit to it whatsoever.
Not true. Explaining my position and outlook helps town to make a better judgment about me. Also, the argument about avoiding paying attention to claims is worthwhile information that could benefit the town, since it isn't necessarily obvious.
There is still more but you get the point.
Ford has been acting suspicious as of late.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:16:30 pm by TheZoomZoll »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 07, 2013, 01:20:15 pm »

PFP

Edits are a big no-no.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 07, 2013, 01:25:51 pm »

PFP

Edits are a big no-no.

Forgot to add a /quote and it made my text quoted for some reason.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 07, 2013, 01:28:37 pm »

Edits are a big no-no for any reason. Just copy/paste it into a new post and make corrections that way if you messed something up.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 07, 2013, 01:42:04 pm »

Edits are a big no-no for any reason. Just copy/paste it into a new post and make corrections that way if you messed something up.

That seems unnecessary and will make more posts than necessary.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 07, 2013, 01:52:18 pm »

The problem is that you (any person) could potentially change their post / "remove evidence", which would be very shady, and you can't really see if people are lying or not...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2013, 01:54:15 pm »

I didn't make the rule, but it is what it is. Just don't edit your in-game posts from now on.

(And you could try to start a discussion about the rule after the game, if you were so inclined)

PPE: Yeah that's more or less the reason.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:58 pm »

There is still more but you get the point.
Ford has been acting suspicious as of late.
This doesn't help at all. Anyone can quote posts and say he's been acting suspiciously. Why is he suspicious?

More importantly, why didn't you answer this question the first time around?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2013, 02:46:46 pm »

This doesn't help at all. Anyone can quote posts and say he's been acting suspiciously. Why is he suspicious?

More importantly, why didn't you answer this question the first time around?
The ToLyK part seems awfully fishy,the fact hes out for lurkers,people who don't post much and he is trying too much to make us believe he is not mafia but tries to open a window to eliminate other people from the game whenever he gets the chance.

What do you mean the first time around?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 07, 2013, 04:20:46 pm »

Hapah:
Toaster: Apologies for being unclear. I mean why didn't you back off your Ford vote when I asked for someone to pull their vote, since we were (and still are) at L-1. You got singled out because you were the only one of the five online and posting at the time (that I saw, anyway).

Also, could you lay out your major points against Ford again?

(P.S. what Planetside 2 server/faction are you?)

Oh.  Because I had zero issue seeing him hang and didn't care to remove my vote.  I considered it, though, since I'd be totally okay with hammering him if it came down to it.

1:  He was online during the kill send in.

2:  He made the tie 30 minutes before deadline.

3:  He's breaking his calm character and becoming belligerent at my case.

I accept that 2 is weaker considering that he was the lynch leader, but I don't have a better case.

I'll look at it again tonight, but I don't have the time to study things now.

TheZoomZoll:  Multiple posts are acceptable practice here as opposed to edits.

Spoiler: Planetside 2 (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - Two replacements needed!
« Reply #355 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:05 pm »

All we have to go on the deadline factor is your word on it, something I am far from willing to take at this point.
Not true. There is at least one piece of objective evidence: Leafsnail's error in the votecount. He also didn't make any new votecounts close to deadline. You want to blame somebody for this? Blame the mod.

I also posted asking for someone to break the tie -- a day late. Sure, you can argue that it was faked, but the fact is that it's there. I said it long before anyone accused me of tying it up at the deadline. Either I was really planning ahead, or I seriously believed that I had one more day. Either way, I was behaving like it.

So no, you don't have just my word on it. You have what I said before you made an accusation, and you have the smoking gun -- Leafsnail's error -- in broad daylight. Don't tell me it's just my word.

You getting all hot and bothered by my case on you when you're plenty calm otherwise is another point not in your favor.
Hahahaha! Me, calm. Yeah, that's a good one.

Dariush is rubbing off on me more than I'd like. It's actually a lot of fun to use language like a bludgeon on things I find stupid.

Not much more time right now. Unvoting since I haven't done anything further with my vote.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 08, 2013, 01:32:49 am »

(FYI, everyone: I'll be out of town from Friday after work until late Saturday)

Who's ready for Hapah's Wall-O-Text? I hope you are!

Leafsnail: Votecount, please (and time to day end since I'm bad at timezones apparently)

No activity tonight? Sad Hapah is sad.

Toaster: There appear to be some issues with your arguments for Ford's lynch.

1:  He was online during the kill send in.
It has been confirmed that not only could someone hide their online status and submit the vote, they could even do it from a completely different account if they so desired. Your first point isn't nearly as damning as it looks at first glance. Anyone could have sent the vote, couldn't they?

2:  He made the tie 30 minutes before deadline.
Someone voting to maybe save their own hide isn't really scummy, is it? You agreed that this point is weak yourself in the same post that you laid it out.

3:  He's breaking his calm character and becoming belligerent at my case.
Sure he is. I mean, you're basically meta-ing him to death. How can you reasonably defend yourself from "you were online, therefore you are probably scum"? There's no clear way to fight back when you lined it up like that, especially if you are relatively new as he is.

There's also the fact that you were the first one to really lean on Ford. You said these two lines right after the day opened:
-snip-
1.  Whoever broke the tie had to be online between Leaf's two posts to send in the tiebreaker.
-snip-
-snip-
Removing those who haven't been online and therefore couldn't have sent the tiebreak:
-snip-
You pushed that idea hard and fast. You've also suggested that you aren't afraid to use meta to break the game should the opportunity arise, but you're not looking very hard. Hell, I got the right idea (though maybe/probably the wrong implementation) before I had finished reading the page. I know you are clever enough to have cast the tiebreaker yourself and then push the idea that it couldn't have been you.

I could chalk a few of these up to honest mistakes, y'know? Maybe you didn't think of the hide status/offline thing. Maybe you didn't think through the fact that tying the vote isn't a scummy thing to do when it's your own neck on the line. I could deal with that. But the thing is, you haven't tried to correct any of these misconceptions or draw any new conclusions. By the time you had posted your lynch reasons #1 was certainly false, and #2 you agreed was weak, but you are "not willing to unvote him just yet" for no obvious reason. You didn't want to remove your Ford vote when I asked for a little time "Because you had zero issue seeing him hang and didn't care to remove your vote". You are still pushing reasons that are shaky or patently false, and you are still voting Ford for these same reasons. Why? I would like to hear your thoughts.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 08, 2013, 01:54:45 am »

The ToLyK part seems awfully fishy,the fact hes out for lurkers,people who don't post much and he is trying too much to make us believe he is not mafia but tries to open a window to eliminate other people from the game whenever he gets the chance.
What do you mean the first time around?
I meant this post. Also, your case sucks. Please provide evidence of where you see such behavior.
pfp. Zoom, pls provide reasons for why tou think ford deswrves lynch.

Tiruin: I notice you don't have a read for NQT. Why is that?
Dariush: Stop lurking.
Hapah: While its true you can hide your online status, I don't think you can mask the time last active. Though I suppose it is possible Toaster would try to "break" the game by submitting the action with someone else's account.

I personally will try to avoid the metagaming from now on.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia and Masons and Hackers - Day Two (10/13) - One replacement needed
« Reply #358 on: February 08, 2013, 07:14:38 am »

Votecount (6 votes to lynch):
Dariush:
Tiruin:
Hapah:
Captain Ford: Toaster, Dariush, Deathsword, TheZoomZoll (4) <-- L-2
TheZoomZoll: zombie urist (1)
Deathsword: obolisk0430, notquitethere (2)
notquitethere:
zombie urist:
Toaster: Hapah (1)
obolisk0430:

Not voting: Tiruin, Captain Ford (2)

Deadline: 12:52:14 am GMT on the 9th of February (about 13 hours away).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:50 am »

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20130209T0052&p0=136&msg=Day+2+deadline

I'll be going on the time displayed by the forums rather than this, but this should tell you unambiguously which hour it is.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 40