Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nefarious Necro Needs  (Read 1238 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Nefarious Necro Needs
« on: December 17, 2012, 12:21:48 am »

I really want to be a Necromancer, but i cant find a tower, how do i find one? Also, any tips on killing zombies and necromancers?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Nefarious Necro Needs
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:27:31 am »

adventure mode.  not dwarf mode.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:27:56 am »

Oh derp. Can a moderator move this or something?
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:27:20 am »

Oh derp. Can a moderator move this or something?
Bottom left of the screen, you can move it yourself :P

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 03:35:58 pm »

Copy the region file, and use legends mode or the map you get when embarking in Fortress mode to locate towers. Take note of the one closest to where you currently are, and start going in that general direction.

As for defeating them; try to lure the corpses away from the tower and dispatching them a few at a time. When the necromancer has few or no servants left, walk in and take his slab. The necro might even be friendly. Well, as friendly as he can be while you destroy his hardearned corpse-servants.

Please note that I do not play adventurer mode much, and I'm not sure if 'divide and conquer' works for towers. Make sure you lure them far enough away that the necromancer doesn't notice the corpses.

I think I've heard of people being able to run or sneak past the horde long enough to get to the slabs, and after that you can just walk out. Not sure how difficult that is. You'd need legendary or near-legendary sneaking though, I'd imagine.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 04:07:26 pm »

Being a vampire will also make the zombies ignore you completely, if I remember correctly.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

MoloMowChow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 01:40:25 am »

does vampire's thirst needs disappear when becoming a necromancer, or does necromancer only negate normal thirst?

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 06:23:50 am »

Becoming a necromancer or vampire will freeze your attributes. Try to increase them a lot before doing it if possible.

Also there was a bug which actually decreased you speed if you became a vampire, if it was high enough before becoming one. Dont know if its been fixed yet or not.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 02:43:37 am »

It hasn't, yet. I attempted to become a vampire recently and was disappointed to find that it reduced my speed by about 15-20%.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.