Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 183739 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2013, 08:01:07 pm »

No, I want people to be Brave on their own. It means nothing if something else is doing it for you. You have to overcome you fears yourself.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2013, 08:03:18 pm »

i'll just have to make it warp their mind, so they recieve horrid hallucinations

Actually, i could be making really cool alliances using disease, because not all diseases HAVE to kill......
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:04:50 pm by javierpwn »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2013, 08:04:29 pm »

I've rid my warbands of fear, and by extension, bravery. While they conquer they shall spread fear and encourage bravery in their foes, but when they conquer everything there shall be no fear and no bravery, only a better world under my rule. Disease shall die out, lust and perversion will not be a neccesity for survival, the dragons shall become pets, the shoggoths servants, the Chaos Creatures shall be friends of the warbands, the world shall be united under the rule of my strongest champion Carolus, and only the Dwarves will be safe from their conquest.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05:43 pm »

How exactly are gods restricted compared to devils or fae?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05:56 pm »

I've rid my warbands of fear, and by extension, bravery. While they conquer they shall spread fear and encourage bravery in their foes, but when the conquer everything there shall be no fear and no bravery, only a better world under my rule. Disease shall die out, lust and perversion will not be a neccesity for survival, the dragons shall become pets, the shoggoths servants, the Chaos Creatures shall be friends of the warbands, the world shall be united under the rule of my strongest champion Carolus, and only the Dwarves will be safe from their conquest.
What is stopping any random devil/god/fae from just killing off your entire warbands

Gods cannot do actions outside their spheres

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »

I've rid my warbands of fear, and by extension, bravery. While they conquer they shall spread fear and encourage bravery in their foes, but when they conquer everything there shall be no fear and no bravery, only a better world under my rule. Disease shall die out, lust and perversion will not be a neccesity for survival, the dragons shall become pets, the shoggoths servants, the Chaos Creatures shall be friends of the warbands, the world shall be united under the rule of my strongest champion Carolus, and only the Dwarves will be safe from their conquest.
I like the part where you casually mention making sentient races "pets".
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2013, 08:08:19 pm »

Generally gods can only work miracles within their domains, devils have more freedom but are only really powerful in their own domains, fae are weak as hell but can use magic on just about anything.
I've rid my warbands of fear, and by extension, bravery. While they conquer they shall spread fear and encourage bravery in their foes, but when the conquer everything there shall be no fear and no bravery, only a better world under my rule. Disease shall die out, lust and perversion will not be a neccesity for survival, the dragons shall become pets, the shoggoths servants, the Chaos Creatures shall be friends of the warbands, the world shall be united under the rule of my strongest champion Carolus, and only the Dwarves will be safe from their conquest.
What is stopping any random devil/god/fae from just killing off your entire warbands
Me.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2013, 08:09:04 pm »

I like the part where you casually mention making sentient races "pets".
They are dragons, they can't be trusted and so must be broken as pets. Would you rather they go extinct?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2013, 08:09:53 pm »

[/quote]
Me.
[/quote]You wouldnt be that hard to stop, if people actually cared about alliances, or worked together

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2013, 08:12:08 pm »

Create Race: Wyvern (Dragons)

Biology: -Extremely resistant to different weather and temperature extremes.
           - Livespan is effectively immortal but they can in a sense die if enough physical damage is done.
           - A dragon can not truly die but temporary removed from this plane of existence.
           - Extremely resistant certain types of magicks and physical damage
           - Also has the ability to fly

Death: When a dragon dies its' essence is actual disperse throughout the planet. A dragon a be revived by using a complex ritual or by another dragon.

Language: Their language has a limited physical effect on the world. For example if they want to breath fire they have to say the necessary words for it.

Culture- Dragons are quite aware of other gods existence and even able to sense the influence of other gods on the lesser races. Dragons don't actually worship other deities but they will make pacts with them if it suits their goals.
Where does it say anything about distrust?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2013, 08:13:05 pm »

- Livespan is effectively immortal but they can in a sense die if enough physical damage is done.
           - A dragon can not truly die but temporary removed from this plane of existence.

Death: When a dragon dies its' essence is actual disperse throughout the planet. A dragon a be revived by using a complex ritual or by another dragon.

Language: Their language has a limited physical effect on the world. For example if they want to breath fire they have to say the necessary words for it.

Culture- Dragons are quite aware of other gods existence and even able to sense the influence of other gods on the lesser races. Dragons don't actually worship other deities but they will make pacts with them if it suits their goals.
Yeah!
I would have been recieving a general flow of trickery energy from these guys!

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »

Well once the world is conquered by my men, i shall have a large amount of worship. Can't kill a guy with lots of worship.

I didn't say they should be distrusted, i just said they can't be trusted.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2013, 08:15:59 pm »

But what about dragons is less trustworthy than humans?

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2013, 08:17:27 pm »

DO YOU DOUBT THE GOD OF MADNESS?!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2013, 08:33:13 pm »

Don't listen to him; he's futhering his own goals. It's cheaper to corrupt another's dreams than to make your own.
Wyrm, both me and azaroth are wasting power just to do nothing. We can just settle this conflict to where we don't waste resources.
Or not.
You just dont want us having any power. Pot calling the kettle black "He's furthering his own goals."
I never said I wasn't. I merely told the truth--you're self-interested.
I am too, but my interest is trying to make the world a better, more civilized place.
We are all self-interested, but at least his plans are in the open
I cannot tell what the hell you're trying to do beside rid the world of evil
Darn, my entire plan has been revealed.
Because at this point, I don't really have one. Aside from "Don't make everyone so angry they kill you."

Don't listen to him; he's futhering his own goals. It's cheaper to corrupt another's dreams than to make your own.
Wyrm, both me and azaroth are wasting power just to do nothing. We can just settle this conflict to where we don't waste resources.
Or not.
You just dont want us having any power. Pot calling the kettle black "He's furthering his own goals."
I never said I wasn't. I merely told the truth--you're self-interested.
I am too, but my interest is trying to make the world a better, more civilized place.
I believe that Hitler said something similar, just before committing genocide...
You can find things similar to what Hitler said. Nice thing about being a God of Morality, doing evil stuff is a darn lot tougher.

If. And you forgot the Eladrin. And the Fae. And the demons. And the devils. And the other gods.
And me.

Gods cannot do actions outside their spheres
Not easily. I'm not sure if I've done anything related to my spheres yet...

DO YOU DOUBT THE GOD OF MADNESS?!
Evidently.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 188