Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3902504 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome:
« Reply #16170 on: July 26, 2014, 05:05:15 pm »

I'm too lazy to actually figure this out, so I'll halfass a guess at something abusing Bulwark and the hat.

I don't remember what Heartbreak was. A spear or gun or something we created but it was too expensive so we had to reabsorb it?

Nevermind we have a search function:

Wut. What would make this viable? You'd need some kind of mana regen/vamp/abuse thingy... and possibly a way to avoid or compensate for the blood loss, although I guess if the plan turns Al into a one-vamp wrecking ball we could potentially afford to leave her at 1 HP.
If Ciro is at 1 HP, we can just leave Ciro in the Underside.
(still doesn't make that superweapon viable)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16171 on: July 26, 2014, 05:16:39 pm »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16172 on: July 26, 2014, 05:42:04 pm »

Sooo... Al, plus Heatbreak, plus some other items or abilities we have?
I don't see a way to regenerate SP from Bulwarks or photorestoromeditation, or whatever it's called...
It's not any armor or weapon that makes it so broken...
Wait. His passive is that he "absorbs" earth damage. That's his TIER ZERO passive. He has plenty of ways to produce earth damage, and could hit himself.
Hmm... still doesn't give us any mana gain. Hmm. Maybe it has to do with constranglement?

Nope, I don't see where it is. Maybe we have some earth-element SP drain ability that we don't know about? Using it on Al would cause him to gain SP?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16173 on: July 26, 2014, 05:44:49 pm »

I really don't see any way to make that a viable weapon, unless, say, absorbing earth damage means transferring damage taken to SP gained, in which case we could build up for a powerful attack by hitting him with Cherish's second shift, then healing him back up. I don't think that's very likely, though.
Also, I noticed that we need DL3 clearance in order to fully scan Al. My thoughts on the clearance thing is that we need to be at least that deep (Or have gotten that deep?) in order to do the scan. So, when (if?) we reunite with the rest of the group and they haven't managed to destroy the Polar Eye somehow, we should try scanning Al again and see if anything has changed.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #16174 on: July 26, 2014, 05:46:23 pm »

Mmhmhmhhm maybe I caused a misunderstanding....
Ignore the heartbreak thing.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16175 on: July 26, 2014, 07:47:48 pm »

For 700 words that can substitute the number 8 for its letters, I received the secrets of the universe.

It's so goddamn obvious now. Hahaha.

Heartbreak has nothing to do with it btw.

Using this method, we could kill a shopkeeper, if we did it fast enough.

Hint: You only need three items and Al. One is the bulwark.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16176 on: July 26, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »

For 700 words that can substitute the number 8 for its letters, I received the secrets of the universe.

We find a way for Al to deal 8 damage to something, then spin the screen 90 degrees?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16177 on: July 26, 2014, 08:48:30 pm »

360 bulwark noscope
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16178 on: July 26, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »

With the bulwarks up, Desmond Mask and Hard Hat.  Ensure all allies are at "low hp" to avoid a one-shot alpha strike.

Al guards every turn.  There may be something out there that can crack 10 DR, but not much.  Turn on damaging bulwarks for Troll Al reflect damage.

Honestly, ignoring these shenanigans, there's no reason for Al to not be wearing the Mask at all times.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16179 on: July 26, 2014, 10:29:19 pm »

Either he got it or ffs told him and he's a spoilsport :(

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16180 on: July 26, 2014, 10:30:32 pm »

With the bulwarks up, Desmond Mask and Hard Hat.  Ensure all allies are at "low hp" to avoid a one-shot alpha strike.

Al guards every turn.  There may be something out there that can crack 10 DR, but not much.  Turn on damaging bulwarks for Troll Al reflect damage.

Honestly, ignoring these shenanigans, there's no reason for Al to not be wearing the Mask at all times.

What about the Knight rubric?
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16181 on: July 26, 2014, 10:31:50 pm »

Doesn't that give dodge or something now?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16182 on: July 26, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »

Whatever it does, it should help.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #16183 on: July 26, 2014, 10:51:35 pm »

Wait, he's NOT wearing the Mask? I mean, it's not on his sprite, but I thought it was ACTIVE.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16184 on: July 27, 2014, 08:06:03 am »

At this second, he has exactly zero allies. They're all at home. We left them there for... reasons, I guess. I would assume he's not wearing the currently-useless trinket. Though that is pretty darn sillybeans... Thanks for the monkey cheese, FFS
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 ... 1544