Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 263502 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #795 on: July 18, 2016, 03:30:43 am »

So I heard you like factories

This is pretty cool. It's basically the CompactMachines mod from Minecraft.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: August 02, 2016, 01:44:32 pm »

I enjoyed this game immensely on the first playthrough, but at this stage of development there's not much left to do once you've optimized your factory and researched all technologies.

I guess I should get into modding while I wait for the next update.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: August 02, 2016, 02:26:38 pm »

we could get a succession crashland going, to see the madness unravel before our eyes

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: August 02, 2016, 04:26:49 pm »

I enjoyed this game immensely on the first playthrough, but at this stage of development there's not much left to do once you've optimized your factory and researched all technologies.

Have you tried the mod that changes how resources are spread out? It makes for much more interesting large scale economics.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: August 02, 2016, 05:14:09 pm »

I got a good 100 hours or so out of it just trying different modpacks with my friends. The game is waaaay better multiplayer, even if the P2P model can mean random lagspikes for everyone when one dude's connection is bad.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #800 on: August 02, 2016, 10:03:08 pm »

we could get a succession crashland going, to see the madness unravel before our eyes
If we do, what timescale would we use to measure turns, and what would be fair?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 03, 2016, 01:46:17 am »

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/binbinhfr/TimeTools this mod gives an in-game clock. 5 days are about 30 minutes of play, could be a good time for short stint, or one can go up to 20 days, make a 'month' instead of a 'week' and that'd be two hours.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: August 03, 2016, 02:26:45 am »

Why do a succession game, when we can make a multiplayer game and have everyone contribute to this monstrosity at once?
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #803 on: August 03, 2016, 03:46:15 am »

because that would require people being online at the same time, and someone has to host, and latency is a thing

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 03, 2016, 04:25:34 am »

because that would require people being online at the same time, and someone has to host, and latency is a thing

I hosted once latency isn't that bad the real issue is people playing at different speed, so if you can get on once a week and someone binge logistic the resources when you come back you'll be at space rockets launching

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 03, 2016, 05:05:04 am »

I got a good 100 hours or so out of it just trying different modpacks with my friends. The game is waaaay better multiplayer, even if the P2P model can mean random lagspikes for everyone when one dude's connection is bad.
They're changing their multiplayer model to a more traditional server client model, BTW.

And i dont have people to play with :<

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 03, 2016, 11:40:18 am »

Yeah, in 0.13 you can get a headless server so that anyone can get on and just do stuff. It's really fun with a lot of mods, as you get this weird mess of people that know exactly what to do and people that have no idea what's going on. Actually sounds rather similar to a succession fort :P
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 03, 2016, 01:40:17 pm »

Yeah, in 0.13 you can get a headless server so that anyone can get on and just do stuff. It's really fun with a lot of mods, as you get this weird mess of people that know exactly what to do and people that have no idea what's going on. Actually sounds rather similar to a succession fort :P

does the .13 server autopause when there are no players?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #808 on: August 03, 2016, 04:26:08 pm »

I don't know for certain if it's able to do so stock, but I do know that mod(s) exist that can do that.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 08, 2016, 02:30:43 pm »

set up a server with 0.13.15, latest experimental. autopauses when no players, no mods installed. pm me for ip (and yes you can share it afterward with your friends if you wish)
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 76