Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 856528 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Ninja chapter - where you DIE :3
« Reply #14490 on: October 26, 2013, 03:31:19 pm »

You know what I mean, man, don't nitpick. :V
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14491 on: October 26, 2013, 04:03:43 pm »

I just want to be helpful and will point out that in this turn 2 sages will get in range to paralyse you. You might want to hasten your exodus from the castle :P

* Haspen is also aware that there might have been slight movement error or two somewhere v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14492 on: October 26, 2013, 04:04:38 pm »

I'll wait for someone more competent like Xan to come up with a good idea before I do something this turn. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14493 on: October 26, 2013, 04:08:11 pm »

On the one hand:
Spoiler: Ouch (click to show/hide)
On the other hand:
Spoiler: Yesssss (click to show/hide)

But in any case this is one of those situations I really wish we had a performer.
Obviously our main damage source is going to be our mages, crummy Wyvern resistance and whatnot. Thus our physical units should focus on either healing the magicians or running. We're gonna have to shoot the Wyverns down quick or we're not getting out at all.
* CE analyses

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14494 on: October 26, 2013, 04:16:04 pm »

Again, Raquel > Estbrigg. She and Edwin really shine this chapter.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14496 on: October 26, 2013, 05:05:03 pm »

Again, Raquel > Estbrigg. She and Edwin really shine this chapter.

Yep, Raquel is right in range to erase him.

She can effectively kill every single wyvern in one round with either of her tomes, 25 damage (50 double) and 29 (58 double) except for Esteban, if she tries to use her normal Thunder tome. I'd say keeping her alive is a priority.

Tantallos can also double, but only with Worm and Carrion, doing 23 (46 double) and 26 (52 double) damage against the wyverns with a single hit.

Riven's rather far away to be of any use this round, but she also cannot double the wyverns, and will do 21 and 23 with her flux and nosferatsu tomes respectively. When she gets around, she can probably help pick off injured riders or sleep another unit with trade hax.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Edwin can double either, so it might be best for him to sleep one of the wyverns down at the gate, (E, F, A) to prevent at least one from adding to the clusterfuck. Tantallos could also sleep another wyvern with his ability, or we could sleep 1-2 of the garrison charging towards us. The mercenary and the axeguard maybe?

Charlotte also does a bit of damage with her killer bow, 25 points of damage, but her normal bow does only 13.

I could go on, but they're probably the ones who will be doing the most damage against the wyvern riders.

So a possible course might be Raquel heading 2S to smite Esteban, Edwin moving to 10,23 to kill rider D or G, Charlotte staying and killing C, and a few melee units can finish off B. At that point, if we stay to the left of the path a bit, we'll be just out of range of the castle garrison, and only have to deal with killing the last three wyverns.
I need to put something interesting here.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14497 on: October 26, 2013, 05:48:28 pm »

My opinion? Forget every enemy that is not on the path. Prioritize killing C, prioritize killing G, prioritize killing Est and A if possible (although only suggested by a unit with a space otherwise that turn would of been better spent fleeing south), and booking it down the path.

You guys get stuck in, you get killed and potentially others killed too to save you, there's no way around that. This isn't a 'the enemies are a danger' game, this is a 'we're here to distract you' game, don't fall for it.

Don't sleep a wyvern on the path, but off the path. You have to kill any enemy on the path to get through them so there's no use, sleep enemies off the path to get an aggression kill. I suggest having only the units who cannot tread snow easily to be on the path, mages can float so the path isn't important to them, the last thing we want is someone trying to tread though the snow when they don't have to.

Since there's four sages and I don't feel like describing in detail where they can reach, I made an aptly named image.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ultimately, the path is important but do whatever you need to to get outside that blue line of death.

EDIT: Also as a side note, wind is effective against all of the wyvern units, but Est gets +5 RES against it, as he does any and all Anima magic along with lightning not being effective against him either.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:55:10 pm by Xanmyral »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14499 on: October 26, 2013, 06:50:02 pm »

Neither can Gregor, Derick, Dalban, or Riven for that matter. Magical Team Teleporting Trade shenanigans are suggested, as while you may be paralyzed you won't be in any immediate danger at least. Riven might have enough RES to resist being paralyzed from that far away.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14500 on: October 26, 2013, 06:55:47 pm »

Hmm. Who among that list, if any, can I rescue? I know Chris is pretty far down the list for Rescuing, but still. I could maybe help out.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14501 on: October 26, 2013, 07:03:11 pm »

Hmm. Who among that list, if any, can I rescue? I know Chris is pretty far down the list for Rescuing, but still. I could maybe help out.

Well, when we say Rescue, we generally mean Rescue Staff trade shenanigans, not physically carry and waste two net turns rescue.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14502 on: October 26, 2013, 07:06:10 pm »

I know, but I'm just asking. >.>

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14503 on: October 26, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »

Well, when we say Rescue, we generally mean Rescue Staff trade shenanigans, not physically carry and waste two net turns rescue.

Actually rescuing could now be feasible, if the Rescue staff can move a unit who is rescuing.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14504 on: October 26, 2013, 07:08:12 pm »

Actually rescuing could now be feasible, if the Rescue staff can move a unit who is rescuing.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:10:57 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 965 966 [967] 968 969 ... 1249