Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85326 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 08:00:00 pm »

Good enough. It wasn't very important anyways. This is the one I really want you to answer. Now it might be kinda blunt, but.... your scum aren't you?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 08:03:58 pm »

I'm just going to leave that one unanswered, because either way is likely to get me killed.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 08:09:44 pm »

Nerjin: Suppose you were a cop, and it's night 1. Who would you rather inspect: an obviously new, nervous player; a strong player, who nonetheless seems town; or someone who only made it through day 1 by a miracle?

It really depends on the situation. If I think someone is scummy I would investigate them. Likely I'd be on the lookout for the IC's as they are much more experienced than all of us put together. However to answer your question fully: Someone who made it through on a miracle.

Hm... I vote IronyOwl for help mislynching me on my first mafia game hahaha!

This is where I ask a question or two, right? Will someone give a me a good question to ask him? There's two questions.

Yeah... That whole OMGUS doesn't go over well in a single game much less across multiple. I suggest you rescind that, you'd get demolished for it in a real game. But yes this is where you ask questions. Check the below list for a few. There's even one for you!

@The Soldier: You seem interested in the cop role. I'm more interested in the scum ones. If you had your choice what scum role would you be and why?

@superblast: While you seem to be having a jolly good time, I'm curious as to who you'd protect if you were the doctor and why.

@borno: I have not seen you in a game before that I recall. Sorry, help me fill in the blanks please. What is your general route to hunting scum.

@Lord Allagon: Do you take a lynch-all-lurkers strategy? Why or Why not?

@Spaghetti7: When would be the best time for a doctor/cop role claim in your opinion and why?

@Remuthra: You seem to be enjoying yourself. Do you feel that superBlast is merely putting on airs and trying to buddy or is he simply jovial?

@Shakerag: As a pillar of the mafia community you've seen a lot of 'battles'. If it came down to it who would you want to be in a lylo situation with you if you were scum excluding Irony Owl?

@Irony Owl: Same question as Shakerag but with you in his place and being unable to take Shake.

PPE:

lol

Already I like ya. Now I have 2 more for you. The first one is, you'll answer my next question honestly right?

Glad you're having fun, however you're using up a lot of space gentlemen. I may not be an IC but if I may make a suggestion it is: Put together all of your thoughts and post them at once. If you have 2 questions than make a post with 2 questions.

PPEE: @Remuthra: Refusal to answer the question will get you killed even faster.

[Borrowing IC voice for a second: While a question may be tough to answer outright refusal is the WORST possible route. Answer the question or explain why you won't beyond simple refusal, such as "It's wifom" or "I already answered that here [link to post]".]

superBlast: Don't ask blatant WIFOM.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »

PPEE: @Remuthra: Refusal to answer the question will get you killed even faster.
Well, once someone asks you directly if you're evil, it typically means you'll be random lynched imminently no matter what you say.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 08:14:50 pm »

Well, once someone asks you directly if you're evil, it typically means you'll be random lynched imminently no matter what you say.

When someone asks you directly if you're evil you say "No" first of all... Secondly you state "That's a bunch of WIFOM. If I say yes than I'm an idiot. Everyone would say no. Your questions is useless."

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »

Nerjin: A reasonable answer. Unvote. As for your question, I would prefer Godfather, since Roleblocker is literally hit-or-miss and a lucky cop inspect can easily cause huge problems, which godfather helps prevent.

Remuthra, superBlast: Was anything game-relevant said in that exchange?

PPE: One vote isn't going to get you lynched, especially if it has nothing supporting it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »

Maybe, maybe not. Atleast I won't be the main guy to kill you over it since I suck at this game currently... though i'm picking up on a few things... I think. By most chances I think I'll end up wrong quite a lot.

First off, Remuthra, you seem to worry about getting killed. Scum don't wanna die really badly, you know? Since there is so few of them, death affects them a hell a lot more then townies. That's the reason you wanna stay alive right?

Preedit... uh... thing: @Nerjin Well atleast a I reason for my random vote.

If i was the doctor, the top person I'd protect would be the town cop if he claimed. Next would be... not sure. Maybe the least scummiest looking active person, i guess.

And that was WIFOM wasn't it? Never intended that. And i got a vote on me already... Yay I'm popular! Ok... I think I should stop joking now.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 08:21:37 pm »

First off, Remuthra, you seem to worry about getting killed. Scum don't wanna die really badly, you know? Since there is so few of them, death affects them a hell a lot more then townies. That's the reason you wanna stay alive right?
No, the reason is I played in the SC2 version, and it wasn't the best community. You got lynched a lot for arbitrary reasons, and nobody likes randomly being killed.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 08:23:28 pm »

Man the warning someone posted before you doesn't always work.

@Soldier For me... I wanted to see how seriously he acted. And my scum question which turned out was WIFOM was defiantly game relevant.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:01 pm »

I'm not picking on you, I'm really not, but this is flawed logic. No one wants to die in this game. It's similar to being a politician and getting elected. All the good intentions in the world do you no favors if you're dead [or not elected for the metaphor.] When someone is threatened with death they will try to put up a defense. This defense is how we actually catch the scum.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 08:25:45 pm »

By the way, what does WIFOM stand for?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 08:28:44 pm »

Wine in front of me. Check common abbrevitions under the OP.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 08:47:51 pm »

First off... man I hate not using edit.

No, the reason is I played in the SC2 version, and it wasn't the best community. You got lynched a lot for arbitrary reasons, and nobody likes randomly being killed.
Seriously? That's kinda stupid... I mean the reasons part, not the not wanting to die part. Also i have no idea what SC2 is... well if it's not important then don't worry explaining it to me. Anyways your off the hook from me for now, back to random voting.

Soldier, Um.... man I suck at thinking up questions.... What do you say about people are really aggressive in this game? Assuming you have a lot more experience at this game then me. You probably do.

@Nerjin, I guess your right. Though that same thing got me killed last time... well along with a ton of other mistakes. Well It seems I'm going about this the wrong way. In the mean time I would like to ask you some questions too... but I can't think of one currently. Expect some later.

@Everyone, Anybody got any good ways to come up with question? I'm having a hard time with that... and the first one to pop in my head turned out to be pretty bad WIFOM.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 08:53:58 pm »

superBlast: Aggressively hunting is something good town do, and something good scum pretend to do. As such, it's a nulltell. (Note that hostility =/= aggression; I'd rather not have anyone be legitimately hateful)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 09:04:04 pm »

I see... Well i came up with a good question (I think)! You gave a reason for not voting Nerjin anymore, but how come you didn't pick anyone else to randomly vote?

Actually now i think about it, Remuthra, isn't voting either. Remu, what's your reason for no random vote either?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38