Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85014 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2013, 09:06:40 pm »

Not too experienced with the subtleties of random voting, and I personally trust you to be town, so I'm cool to just sit here until I see something suspicious.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2013, 09:09:37 pm »

First off... man I hate not using edit.
First off, Remuthra, you seem to worry about getting killed. Scum don't wanna die really badly, you know? Since there is so few of them, death affects them a hell a lot more then townies. That's the reason you wanna stay alive right?
No, the reason is I played in the SC2 version, and it wasn't the best community. You got lynched a lot for arbitrary reasons, and nobody likes randomly being killed.
Seriously? That's kinda stupid... I mean the reasons part, not the not wanting to die part. Also i have no idea what SC2 is... well if it's not important then don't worry explaining it to me. Anyways your off the hook from me for now, back to random voting.
[/quote]
[/quote]

"That's a stupid reason. I'm going to unvote you." Doesn't make sense to me.

Soldier, Um.... man I suck at thinking up questions.... What do you say about people are really aggressive in this game? Assuming you have a lot more experience at this game then me. You probably do.

@Nerjin, I guess your right. Though that same thing got me killed last time... well along with a ton of other mistakes. Well It seems I'm going about this the wrong way. In the mean time I would like to ask you some questions too... but I can't think of one currently. Expect some later.

@Everyone, Anybody got any good ways to come up with question? I'm having a hard time with that... and the first one to pop in my head turned out to be pretty bad WIFOM.

Time to non-ic it up again! [A good way to come up with questions is the think of a situation, and aska  player what they would do IN that situation. Mind you I'm not an expert but it's a start.]

Fun fact: You don't HAVE to pressure vote all the time. If you're not asking a question putting a bunch of votes on random people isn't really necessary. Though it is the Random vote stage so....

Not too experienced with the subtleties of random voting, and I personally trust you to be town, so I'm cool to just sit here until I see something suspicious.

I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:04 pm »

I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness
First, I would like to point out that was three separate questions.
1. Not quite sure but he seems pretty trustworthy at this stage. That could definately change later.
2. No, but badly formed accusations won't help much either.

But since you insist, hey Spaghetti. How would you best keep the scum from targetting you?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:29 pm »

I honestly forgot to vote someone else. While I'm here, I'll throw out a few more questions.

Spaghetti7: How would you decide who to protect if you were a doctor?

Shakerag: In your opinion, what is the most damning scumtell?

This isn't a good stance, Remuthra. In a game like this, the only way to be sure of someone else's alignment is to be scum. You also can't just wait for scum to fall into your lap or make a slip; when are you going to start hunting?
PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 09:20:10 pm »

[quoteThis isn't a good stance, Remuthra. In a game like this, the only way to be sure of someone else's alignment is to be scum. You also can't just wait for scum to fall into your lap or make a slip; when are you going to start hunting?
PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.][/quote]
Double ninja'd, actually. And it's not so much sure of alignment. It's a temporary stance, similar to others taken previously.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 09:22:40 pm »

I didn't know there was subtleties with random voting. While I understand the want to sit back and observe to find something suspicious that's not helping town as much.... once again I think. Activity helps town a lot more then inactivity.

Preedit: (man it feels weird using that too...)

"That's a stupid reason. I'm going to unvote you." Doesn't make sense to me.
The stupid reason is a comment toward the fact the place he played lynched people for arbitrary reasons. The unvote was for the reasons why he does wanna die.

Time to non-ic it up again! [A good way to come up with questions is the think of a situation, and aska  player what they would do IN that situation. Mind you I'm not an expert but it's a start.]
I guess, though I see no way that helps find scum. Scum or town the answer would be the same.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »

You missed my question, Remuthra.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2013, 09:25:53 pm »

You missed my question, Remuthra.
Was that a serious question back there?

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:17 pm »

Yes. Why so evasive?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2013, 09:28:47 pm »

Yes. Why so evasive?
I'm not being evasive, I thought your other question was just another way of saying be more serious.
And no, not really.

(SC2 stands for starcraft 2, by the way.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 09:30:43 pm by Remuthra »

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »

I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness
First, I would like to point out that was three separate questions.
1. Not quite sure but he seems pretty trustworthy at this stage. That could definately change later.
2. No, but badly formed accusations won't help much either.

But since you insist, hey Spaghetti. How would you best keep the scum from targetting you?

Why is he trustworthy? It's a simple question my friend. I understand the first day jitters. Just try to actually answer the question alright? Some people may take that as evasive. You need to be specific, preferable quoting the posts.

It's less of a badly formed accusation and more of a prod into what you should be doing already. Simply a saying "A is B." get's no one anywhere. You need to back up all assertions with "A is B because C."

This isn't a good stance, Remuthra. In a game like this, the only way to be sure of someone else's alignment is to be scum. You also can't just wait for scum to fall into your lap or make a slip; when are you going to start hunting?
PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.]
Double ninja'd, actually. And it's not so much sure of alignment. It's a temporary stance, similar to others taken previously.

Fixed that for ya. Now, I'd like to point out that you have sort've hunted for scum but you need to be more forceful. Think of it as a pyramid. At the base EVERYONE is suspect. Then you narrow out a few based on evidence, then a few more, then you grill someone until they either break or assuage your suspicion. What happens from there is obvious.

Yes. Why so evasive?
I'm not being evasive, I thought your other question was just another way of saying be more serious.
And no, not really.

(SC2 stands for starcraft 2, by the way.)

As I understand it he asked "When are you going to start hunting?" to which you STILL have not provided an answer.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:45 pm »

As I understand it he asked "When are you going to start hunting?" to which you STILL have not provided an answer
He never asked me that.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:25 pm »

That one is made invalid because in the post above it I started hunting.

(going to bed now, don't kill me in my sleep)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2013, 10:24:53 pm »

Unvote

Remuthra That is not gonna fly. You avoided the question because it was invalid? Earlier stating that it was never asked at all? I find that unbelievable. Get your story straight before you start trying to get me to believe it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38