Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85013 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »

So I'm gonna stop voting random people now and and vote who I suspect and that would be Remu.

Vote Remuthra
TIME TO MISLYNCH YOU AGAIN HAHAHAHA!

Uh, ahem. This is nice and all, but are you actually pressuring Remu at the moment, or have you just decided he's the best target to kill? A very quick scan back didn't reveal anything, and it's usually better to try to get a better read on someone, even someone you genuinely suspect is scum, than to just vote them and sit on what you've got.

OH NOT AGAIN!

Uh, ahem. I'm done copying you now. About the vote.... it's both :D I'm pretty much plan on keeping my vote there unless I see someone more scummy to me. Nothing says pressure like a vote to lynch you. It's a lot more pressure then saying it's a pressure vote don't you think? Though I plan on going after the other people I find suspicious.

And a question for you, what's you're opinion of everyone so far? You don't seem particularly suspicious of anyone.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2013, 02:33:38 pm »

Spaghetti:
No, on somebody else. During the course of scum hunting I would eventually find someone to push and break. I could then start shouting and screaming about that if somebody tried to bring me down.
Yeah, the "them" referred to the somebody you were deflecting scum attentions onto, not the scum. Which doesn't fix the issue- you're saying that to avoid attention by scum, you'd build a case on someone and then push it hard? Meaning you'd build and push a case on not-scum to avoid scum looking at you too closely?

It doesn't matter who started it (:P) I would use it on the person leading everyone else, the one pushing the hardest. Unless this person has truly torn in to them and proven they're scummy the most probable reason they're really pushing is because they themselves are scum.
Well, it stands to reason that whoever's pushing them "hardest" might have the best case, doesn't it? Would this reasoning still apply if they had truly torn into them and proven them scummy?

At that moment, I was going after his sudden relapse from the game, but then he gave a good reason of school, so I backed off.
Meaning what, exactly? You were going to ask him a real question but then backed off to a softball?

superBlast:
About the vote.... it's both :D I'm pretty much plan on keeping my vote there unless I see someone more scummy to me. Nothing says pressure like a vote to lynch you. It's a lot more pressure then saying it's a pressure vote don't you think? Though I plan on going after the other people I find suspicious.
But if there's nothing to respond to, it's not really pressure, now is it? I guess a better question would be "What would make you unvote him?" If the answer is "Someone else fucks up even harder," it's not a pressure vote.

And a question for you, what's you're opinion of everyone so far? You don't seem particularly suspicious of anyone.
Yeah, I'm really not. Just gotten into this, everyone's still sort of flailing. Going off memory and the votelist:

Nerjin: Townlike and competent. Probably doesn't need to be here.
The Soldier: No idea. Shake said he was doing well, so I'm probably glossing him over.
superBlast: Apprehensive and flaily, but getting better.
borno: Lurky and suspicious when he does post.
Lord Allagon: No clue. He hasn't posted yet, has he?
Sphagetti7: A bit suspicious, but less than borno.
Remuthra: Flaily and apprehensive, moreso than superBlast.
Shakerag: Dunno.
IronyOwl: Lurklurklurk, tapping easy targets.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »

Alright, I'm back finally. What were the questions again?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »

More importantly, don't you have any of your own?

Unless you think not dying is more important than finding scum, of course.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2013, 02:55:05 pm »

Remuthra, Lord Allagon: Come out and play.

IronyOwl: What makes borno more suspicious than Spaghetti?

PPE: Ah, Remuthra's back. Underlined to make sure you see it: Remuthra: Can you explain why you went to such lengths to dodge questions earlier in the day?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »

As it so happens, I do.
(putting my vote on borno)

@Borno- What is more important as a doctor, finding scum or lasting as long as possible?

@Soldier- Wasn't dodging questions, I had school. Haven't had time to formulate a good reply to anything since the beginning of the game. I'll be available again now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2013, 03:05:50 pm »

Soldier:
Off the top of my head, lurkier and his posts have seemed more overtly calculating and malicious. Sphagetti's still had some flail to him, whereas borno's seemed fairly exclusively like a lurking schemer.

I'd have to go back to give you specifics and I'm a bit busy at the moment, but that'd certainly be a reasonable request.

Remuthra:
As it so happens, I do.
(putting my vote on borno)

@Borno- What is more important as a doctor, finding scum or lasting as long as possible?

@Soldier- Wasn't dodging questions, I had school. Haven't had time to formulate a good reply to anything since the beginning of the game. I'll be available again now.
Hm, still stuck in RVS, then? Do you have any reads on anyone at this point?

Also you need to put someone's name in red to vote them, if that's what you're trying to do here.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2013, 03:08:34 pm »

Oh.
Borno

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2013, 03:30:54 pm »

I think you don't truly believe it as I have been rather active and scum-hunting. I think that you're putting that vote on me in order to try to get me to slip up and say something damning.
And, so ... what?  You're going to take a break from that now?  Established some scum hunting up front so you can activelurk the rest of the day away? 

You can "demand" that lurkers post in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.  In a situation in which nothing is striking me, I start asking everyone questions

@Shake: I didn't get it in my last post but while I was typing something toward Borno, I realized what the point of your question was to see if I deny being scum or partners with Remu. Which yeah you got me on that since I didn't immediately deny it. I didn't even think of it like that and thought a no as in "no your wrong" would be good enough. Since i didn't get that it was felt like you was going after me and was scum trying to build a case on a townie. But now that I see it, I'm putting you on my townie side since I can see more "scumhunting" and less "specifically going after me". Though of course your not 100% off the hook... no one is until death or cop says otherwise.
For the sake of discussion and learning experiences, why do you feel someone going after you would be scum trying to mislynch a townie, and not a townie trying to tunnel possible scum into slipping up? 

[While "tunneling" can be seen as scummy, it can also be a good tactic to really get a good read on another player.  Generally, tunneling is more scummy when the person doing it isn't putting out feelers toward other players as well, or backing up why they're focused on just one person.]

[And as general advice, do note that these games can get pretty intense, and players can and will pick apart everything you say.  In almost all cases, it isn't personal, and there isn't intent to offend.  Unless it's Dariush doing it.]

Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  How do you plan on terrorizing this batch of newbies?
By FUCKING LYNCHING their asses IMMEDIATELY if they make SO MUCH AS ONE GODDAMNED MISTAKE.

Really though, I wouldn't say I terrorize newbies...

Usually. :x
Universe help me, I nearly laughed out loud.  So I guess you're the bad cop and I'm the good cop this game?

OH NOT AGAIN!
And suddenly superBlast was a bowl of petunias.

Seriously?

Try reading the thread from between your last post and now?

Deathsword:  Please do include when the day ends on votecount posts.

Remuthra:  And your reasons for voting borno are what?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2013, 03:37:22 pm »

And your reasons for voting borno are what?
See Ironyowl's post.

I guess I'll start looking for questions, then. If I miss yours, let me know.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 22, 2013, 03:44:05 pm »

See Ironyowl's post.

I guess I'll start looking for questions, then. If I miss yours, let me know.
Sorry, I don't see you stating your reasons for voting borno in IronyOwl's post. 

Also, make sure you're making it clear who you're quoting.  Include a link, a reference to a reply number, or keep the header info when you click on 'quote' (like in this very post).

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 22, 2013, 03:45:23 pm »

superBlast:
About the vote.... it's both :D I'm pretty much plan on keeping my vote there unless I see someone more scummy to me. Nothing says pressure like a vote to lynch you. It's a lot more pressure then saying it's a pressure vote don't you think? Though I plan on going after the other people I find suspicious.
But if there's nothing to respond to, it's not really pressure, now is it? I guess a better question would be "What would make you unvote him?" If the answer is "Someone else fucks up even harder," it's not a pressure vote.
Well there is another way way for him to get me to unvote him, and that is to make up for his mistakes and become less scummy.

@Remu: If you had school and that why you wasn't able to formulate a good reply, then how come you mention it now? Why not at the beginning of the game, as a warning or something?

Preedit:
@Shake:
Quote from: Shake
For the sake of discussion and learning experiences, why do you feel someone going after you would be scum trying to mislynch a townie, and not a townie trying to tunnel possible scum into slipping up? 

Maybe since the reason why you was going after wasn't apparent at first and didn't make since. That's why it seemed scummy over townie to me I think.

Preedit 2:
@Remu:
See Ironyowl's post.

So you have no reasons of your own? Your just following Irony?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 22, 2013, 03:48:34 pm »

@Remu: If you had school and that why you wasn't able to formulate a good reply, then how come you mention it now? Why not at the beginning of the game, as a warning or something?
Was kind of unexpected, I ended up with a concert last night that kept me from answering.

So you have no reasons of your own? Your just following Irony?
I'm voting because he hasn't posted much, and he seems the best person to pressure.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 22, 2013, 05:18:38 pm »

Spaghetti:
No, on somebody else. During the course of scum hunting I would eventually find someone to push and break. I could then start shouting and screaming about that if somebody tried to bring me down.
Yeah, the "them" referred to the somebody you were deflecting scum attentions onto, not the scum. Which doesn't fix the issue- you're saying that to avoid attention by scum, you'd build a case on someone and then push it hard? Meaning you'd build and push a case on not-scum to avoid scum looking at you too closely?
Ah, I think I was answering the question as if the scum was leading a pretty successful attack against me. To simply not attract attention I'd avoid answering questions incorrectly, for a start, and prefer a background play style. Sure, attack people and scum hunt as much as I please, but certainly don't do any claiming, fake or not, without incredibly good reason.
It doesn't matter who started it (:P) I would use it on the person leading everyone else, the one pushing the hardest. Unless this person has truly torn in to them and proven they're scummy the most probable reason they're really pushing is because they themselves are scum.
Well, it stands to reason that whoever's pushing them "hardest" might have the best case, doesn't it? Would this reasoning still apply if they had truly torn into them and proven them scummy?
By hardest, I meant the one going in most aggressively. That might not be the one with most evidence. If someone begins a case against somebody and people seem to be jumping on it then a scum would happily join and aim to ensure this person went down (likely).
At that moment, I was going after his sudden relapse from the game, but then he gave a good reason of school, so I backed off.
Meaning what, exactly? You were going to ask him a real question but then backed off to a softball?
I thought he was starting to show little scum tells, and I wanted to check if he truly was away or just lurking. Unfortunately, that came out as a weaker question than I would ideally of envisaged.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2013, 06:40:28 pm »

Irony Owl:
Soldier:
Off the top of my head, lurkier and his posts have seemed more overtly calculating and malicious. Sphagetti's still had some flail to him, whereas borno's seemed fairly exclusively like a lurking schemer.
It's the timezones, I tell you! IT WAS THE TIMEZONES ALL ALONG! Really, there's a difference between lurking and not being able to go on the computer. And about the calculating and malicious part, sorry about that. I've screwed up in every single game I've been in before, and I really don't want to screw up this one. I'll try to be less serious from now on.
borno:
borno:
A question for you: do you consider superBlast's mistakes worse than Remuthra's earlier evasiveness?
The evasiveness of Remuthra is definitely scummy, but I'm finding superBlast quite scummy also with all his mistakes, and I'm chasing him because having only one person to pursue is not really good if it can be helped in this game, because in D2 we have another person to chase after right in front of us.
Lining up an easy D2 target already, eh? What do you think of prepping a D2 lynch before you've even seen the results of your D1 bandwagon?
I'm not sure what you're referencing to here. None of the votes I have made have made anyone jump onto any type of wagon, band or not. And yeah, while it's probably too early for lining up a D2 lynch, most people are thinking that Remuthra's scum, so I think it would be best to pursue someone else on the side while also pursuing Remuthra (Albeit not as much). And hey, if superBlast is scum, we end up having a lynch target, that is not necessarily for D2 through.
Remuthra:
See Ironyowl's post.
So if one person says 7 words about someone else it warrants a vote now? Tell me the reasons in your own words.
superBlast:
Also the point about me forgetting the scum IC was... well I really did forget about him. My real point was what I said after that. If I was scum I'd be asking him for scum advice and not asking in the game. That's defiantly a stupid idea.
That's complete WIFOM. "I didn't ask the scum IC a scum related question so therefore I am town!" Logic doesn't really work in the mafia boards. That's two slip-ups, superBlast. But anyway, if you were scum and had one player aggressively attacking you and a lurker, who (if any) would you kill at night?
Let me answer question first. If I was scum, If i think I could convince my attack I'm atleast null at best, I'd go for the lurker to try make eyes go off of me. If I'm convinced I can't shake him off me and he's gonna end up getting me lynched, I'd NK him.

Now on to the WIFOM part:
More accidental WIFOM... great... -_-

I guess it is WIFOM but I didn't think of it that way. If I was seriously scum, but i didn't ask the scum IC for scum advice or if I seriously scum, but i'm trying to ask for scum advice in the game (even trying to camouflage it somehow to make look like I'm really not) is incredibly stupid. The first one renders the scum IC useless and is stupid because I'm not using a resource that can help me win the game. The second one gives me away to the town that I'm scum. It's WIFOM because that makes me neither town nor scum so that makes it null and a completely useless defense and a completely useless fact to make a case and yet that's the only thing you have on me. Yes it's suspicious but on it's own I think it's completely useless. And now your probably gonna say that's really defensive of me, supicously defensive of me. Fine I don't mind it's what you just said makes me frustrated because it feels like your missing something blatantly obvious to me. Which would be it if I really wasn't using the scum IC for advice or that if I was asking for scum advice in the game thread then I'd be incredibly stupid and I completely deserve to get lynched because I was so stupid... I mean it's so stupid I wouldn't think anyone would actually do it.

I need to calm down... breath in... breath out.... lol.
It's not as stupid as it sounds. I would bet that an experienced player could pull out some WIFOM and get away with it. And about the part where it's the only thing I have on you? You're right, and that's why I'm attacking you to try and find out more. Of course, the flailing is pretty scummy also... But I doubt any scum IC would tell you to go completely crazy like that (Oh shit, now I'm WIFOMing too!). Anyway, unvote until further notice.
Shakerag:
Now that Irony Owl has, could you state all of your suspicions?
Nerjin, The Soldier:
As the third most competent players in this game, could you both state your opinions on everyone?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38