Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85010 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2013, 03:17:32 pm »

Nerjin: Do you intend to use your early hunting to coast through today? Even your most recent vote for superBlast came with no question, no pressure. Why?

Reads:
Nerjin: I'd feel a lot better about him if I saw some content from him. He's done basically no hunting since he voted for Remuthra way back here. Looks to be activelurking scum in my book.

No vote and no pressure because I felt I had said everythingthing that could be said at that point. Plus after that was a weekend and I had other things to do. I like mafia, but not enough to sacrifice my social life.

As for scum-hunting no one has said anything that really sticks out to me. I suppose that does set up a case for active-lurking so I can understand where you're coming from my friend, however I would contend that I post fairly frequently and handle the small to moderate amount of posts that happen when I am absent.

But you do raise an excellent point, I should ask a question. Why do you Soldier switch votes so often? Is it for pressure? Seems rather risky this late in the day.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2013, 04:22:25 pm »

PFP: More later.

•Nerjin - Neutral.  Has experience, so I'm not expecting too many newtells or easy slips.  Will need to squeeze later.
So I suppose signing onto the next BM would be going much too far then eh?
[Yeah, I'm thinking that won't be necessary.]

Remuthra:  You missed a question here.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2013, 04:26:46 pm »

And he seems to be the best person to pressure ... why?
For one, he hasn't formed any suspicion profiles for anyone except me, and doesn't state anything there. He's not lurking, nor is he doing much to find scum.
Was that satisfactory, or do I need to elaborate more?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2013, 05:01:03 pm »

And he seems to be the best person to pressure ... why?
For one, he hasn't formed any suspicion profiles for anyone except me, and doesn't state anything there. He's not lurking, nor is he doing much to find scum.
Was that satisfactory, or do I need to elaborate more?
Hang on while I sort through your clusterfuck of ambiguous quoting.

-Okay, so you asked borno an RVS question and voted him. 
-When asked for reasons for doing so, you refer to IronyOwl's post. 
-Then you say it's because he hasn't posted much, and seemed to be the best person to pressure.
-But then you switch your vote to superBlast with another RVS question.
-However your later read on borno is "null".
-And I just realized you can't keep your own shit straight, because my question was in relation to borno and you gave me a response you made to Spaghetti7 about your read on superBlast.

So ... what pressure exactly did you put on borno?  A vote with nothing else isn't pressure.  What made you change your read on him to "null"?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04:56 pm »

Oh, sorry. (you're right).
Hold on a bit, I'm going to go sort this out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2013, 06:36:37 pm »

Captain Ford has replaced superBlast
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2013, 06:46:11 pm »

Reasons:
Previously kind of flaily, but mostly because RVS.
Now is past the time for RVS, and he doesn't seem to be doing anything particularly suspicious.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:55 pm »

“Urist, was the letter delivered?”

“The Archmage intercepted it, Patriarch.”

“Did you place the enchantment I taught you? The one created by the Archmage?”

“Yes, master.”

“Excellent.”

Nerjin(1):The Soldier
The Soldier(0):
Captain Ford(2):Nerjin, Sphagetti7
borno(0):
notquitethere(0):
Sphagetti7(1):Remuthra
Remuthra(2):Captain Ford, Shakerag
Shakerag(0):
IronyOwl(0):

Not Voting: notquitethere, IronyOwl, borno

5 votes for extension, 3 required. Extension passed.

Day now ends at 27/02/2013 at 22:00 BRT (GMT-3)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:06:50 am by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:32 pm »

Spaghetti:
Which doesn't fix the issue- you're saying that to avoid attention by scum, you'd build a case on someone and then push it hard? Meaning you'd build and push a case on not-scum to avoid scum looking at you too closely?
Ah, I think I was answering the question as if the scum was leading a pretty successful attack against me. To simply not attract attention I'd avoid answering questions incorrectly, for a start, and prefer a background play style. Sure, attack people and scum hunt as much as I please, but certainly don't do any claiming, fake or not, without incredibly good reason.
How exactly would attacking and scumhunting at will constitute a "background play style?" Also, if you were answering from the perspective of scum leading an attack on you, why did you earlier say:

I would deflect it to other people. Build up a good case against someone else, and push it hard if votes started falling on my head. If that failed, then I would push against those leading the bandwagon against me and try to expose them while they're weak on the offence. Try to reveal them to the people following for the wagon.
You'd deflect scum's attention onto someone else by building a good case on them?
No, on somebody else. During the course of scum hunting I would eventually find someone to push and break. I could then start shouting and screaming about that if somebody tried to bring me down.
That you'd build a case on "someone else" first, and only if that failed go after the (apparently scum) people leading the wagon on you?

By hardest, I meant the one going in most aggressively. That might not be the one with most evidence. If someone begins a case against somebody and people seem to be jumping on it then a scum would happily join and aim to ensure this person went down (likely).

I thought he was starting to show little scum tells, and I wanted to check if he truly was away or just lurking. Unfortunately, that came out as a weaker question than I would ideally of envisaged.
Good reasoning and noted.

borno:
It's the timezones, I tell you! IT WAS THE TIMEZONES ALL ALONG! Really, there's a difference between lurking and not being able to go on the computer. And about the calculating and malicious part, sorry about that. I've screwed up in every single game I've been in before, and I really don't want to screw up this one. I'll try to be less serious from now on.
I'll go back eventually and try to pick out exactly what you're doing that seemed schemy.

A question for you: do you consider superBlast's mistakes worse than Remuthra's earlier evasiveness?
The evasiveness of Remuthra is definitely scummy, but I'm finding superBlast quite scummy also with all his mistakes, and I'm chasing him because having only one person to pursue is not really good if it can be helped in this game, because in D2 we have another person to chase after right in front of us.
Lining up an easy D2 target already, eh? What do you think of prepping a D2 lynch before you've even seen the results of your D1 bandwagon?
I'm not sure what you're referencing to here. None of the votes I have made have made anyone jump onto any type of wagon, band or not. And yeah, while it's probably too early for lining up a D2 lynch, most people are thinking that Remuthra's scum, so I think it would be best to pursue someone else on the side while also pursuing Remuthra (Albeit not as much). And hey, if superBlast is scum, we end up having a lynch target, that is not necessarily for D2 through.
I'm too busy to actually go back and check, but you and several other people were voting Remuthra, weren't you? That's a bandwagon of sorts.

Good reasoning on selecting a different target, though.

Soldier:
IronyOwl:
Soldier:
IronyOwl: What makes borno more suspicious than Spaghetti?
Off the top of my head, lurkier and his posts have seemed more overtly calculating and malicious. Sphagetti's still had some flail to him, whereas borno's seemed fairly exclusively like a lurking schemer.

I'd have to go back to give you specifics and I'm a bit busy at the moment, but that'd certainly be a reasonable request.
That would be great if you could.
Sorry, busy again. Give me another prod if I forget later.

Remuthra:
vote Spaghetti
Extend
@Spaghetti, you say cop is more important. Scum are concerned about cops moreso than doctors, because they can expose them. Defend yourself.
This is phrased a bit weakly. The intent is decent, but the explanation itself should be a question or obvious thing to defend against. Having to add "defend yourself" on the end there weakens it.

Lean List
SB- scum, too much WIFOM, not much good hunting
Irony- town, seems solid, needs to post more
Shakerag- town, seems solid
Spaghetti- slight scum
Soldier- slight town
Could you do a reread and give me a more detailed breakdown of your opinion of Soldier? Include sample quotes if possible.

The Lurker Tracker may be handy in this, as it allows you to sort the thread by person posting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:21 pm »

You haven't voted yet, IronyOwl. Why?

This is phrased a bit weakly. The intent is decent, but the explanation itself should be a question or obvious thing to defend against. Having to add "defend yourself" on the end there weakens it
Alright, rephrase time!

@Spaghetti: Scum are more concerned with cops, who can reveal them, than doctors, who just impede their progress. You seem pretty focused on the cops to me. Why?

Could you do a reread and give me a more detailed breakdown of your opinion of Soldier? Include sample quotes if possible.
Working on that. Going through a reread of the thread.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2013, 09:04:26 pm »

Probably not going to finish my preparation before tomorrow afternoon.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2013, 10:29:23 pm »

And here I am replacing in for superBlast, in notably better conditions than when he replaced into the last game I was in.

I have actually read the entire thread, but my impression of it is pretty mushy. I remember the beginning of the last BM I was in being much more coherent somehow.

Remuthra sticks out like a sore thumb. But I haven't seen him crack yet. Read is still null.
The Soldier is very professional. Like a proper soldier.
Nerjin is Nerjin. Also, who jumped on Nerjin for using an IC voice? I will bite your legs off.
Shakerag is cracking the whip.
IronyOwl is ... an owl, I guess? Hard to read ICs with newbie juice all over the place.
Sphaghetti seems to know what he's doing. He's at least talking like he does.

That's all that I can remember. If I didn't mention somebody, it's because I don't remember them. I'll remedy that soon enough.

I'll scour the thread looking for unanswered questions tomorrow, or tonight if I have time, but I need to devote my time to the other game I'm in since I'm in the spotlight atm.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 26, 2013, 12:49:52 am »

Nerjin:
Nerjin: Do you intend to use your early hunting to coast through today? Even your most recent vote for superBlast came with no question, no pressure. Why?

Reads:
Nerjin: I'd feel a lot better about him if I saw some content from him. He's done basically no hunting since he voted for Remuthra way back here. Looks to be activelurking scum in my book.

No vote and no pressure because I felt I had said everythingthing that could be said at that point. Plus after that was a weekend and I had other things to do. I like mafia, but not enough to sacrifice my social life.

As for scum-hunting no one has said anything that really sticks out to me. I suppose that does set up a case for active-lurking so I can understand where you're coming from my friend, however I would contend that I post fairly frequently and handle the small to moderate amount of posts that happen when I am absent.

But you do raise an excellent point, I should ask a question. Why do you Soldier switch votes so often? Is it for pressure? Seems rather risky this late in the day.
First of all, LurkerTracker says I've changed vote targets a total of 4 times, and so have most of the other players in the game, including you. The basis for your question is either unfounded or you should be grilling everyone else about it too.

But to answer your question, yes, it's for pressure. I have completely consistent internet access and knowledge of when I'm able to use the computer, so I won't get caught off-guard by day end. Might as well gather as much info as possible.

Also, it's not a question of your number of posts, it's a question of your usefulness to the town. About half of your posts contain no hunting whatsoever. My lesser scum suspects (Remu, Spaghetti, superBlast/Captain Ford by proxy) have at least attempted to appear helpful. You just haven't done much of anything, really.

Captain Ford: Ah, a commanding officer. I will gladly stand at attention! /joke
More relevantly, can you explain superBlast's actions?
(Side note: the person you missed was borno.)

Remuthra: Your most recent read list says I'm leaning town, whereas before I was leaning scum. What changed?

Head is pounding like it's going to explode. More tomorrow, since it's already about 10:00 PM here.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2013, 01:45:49 am »

PFP: I'll get to all these questions after school.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2013, 05:15:16 am »

Irony Owl:
A question for you: do you consider superBlast's mistakes worse than Remuthra's earlier evasiveness?
The evasiveness of Remuthra is definitely scummy, but I'm finding superBlast quite scummy also with all his mistakes, and I'm chasing him because having only one person to pursue is not really good if it can be helped in this game, because in D2 we have another person to chase after right in front of us.
Lining up an easy D2 target already, eh? What do you think of prepping a D2 lynch before you've even seen the results of your D1 bandwagon?
I'm not sure what you're referencing to here. None of the votes I have made have made anyone jump onto any type of wagon, band or not. And yeah, while it's probably too early for lining up a D2 lynch, most people are thinking that Remuthra's scum, so I think it would be best to pursue someone else on the side while also pursuing Remuthra (Albeit not as much). And hey, if superBlast is scum, we end up having a lynch target, that is not necessarily for D2 through.
I'm too busy to actually go back and check, but you and several other people were voting Remuthra, weren't you? That's a bandwagon of sorts.
No. My only vote for him was here,
Actually, this sounds suspiciously like a role fish, Remuthra. Trying to flush the doctor out so you can kill him at night?
And by then most people had moved onto different targets, so it wasn't really a bandwagon.
Captain Ford:
newbie juice all over the place
OH GOD THE MENTAL IMAGES MAKE THEM STOP
Anyway, it is D2, and the only person you thought was scummy just got murdered, flipping town. You have no suspicions other than that, how do you gain your targets?
Shakerag:
@Borno- What is more important as a doctor, finding scum or lasting as long as possible?
That's a tough one, but I think that lasting as long as possible would be the best idea, since then you have more chance to help people live...
Actually, this sounds suspiciously like a role fish, Remuthra. Trying to flush the doctor out so you can kill him at night?
Do tell how this is rolefishing, borno.
I see this as role fishing because I was more focussed on scum-hunting than staying alive, and the question was what would you do as doctor. If I had answered scum-hunting, then the scum would probably know if I were a doctor.
NQT:
Roleblocker or Godfather, and why.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38