Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85000 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #270 on: March 05, 2013, 08:34:00 pm »

Do you plan on responding to this?
NQT:
Accusing me of protecting Ford as my scum buddy is amusing (as I got that same false accusation of being Ford's scum buddy in the last game I played) but I don't see how it's founded. He did his Borno-analysis after I gave my reads.
* cough* LIES * cough*
Still you didn't answer my question: "Could you tell me what you think should be the primary basis for making a proper lynch vote? (As opposed to merely a pressure vote or random-vote-stage vote)."
Evidence, of course. Something you two are definitely lacking, yet nobody cares.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:27 pm »

Sadly, that's all I could dig up. Even worse is that IronyOwl still hasn't responded to your question from your last post.

That said, I can't imagine how you could possibly explain your way out of what you just tried to pull.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #272 on: March 05, 2013, 08:51:26 pm »

Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  You're having quite the heart-to-heart with Spaghetti7 over there.  Come to anything conclusive yet?
At the time of you asking me this, no. Well, sort of yes; I assumed he was going to say he misread it as "If you were scum" or similar and that'd be that.

As it stands, the answer he did give is much more interesting. I wasn't expecting it, but it seems sound, at least for a beginner; essentially, he'd prey on the weak because weak people are scum. He's either getting good Scum IC advice or has a somewhat simplistic but reasonably productive and straightforward opinion of hunting.

So, writing him off as town for now.

NQT:
Ironyowl
I've read everything superBlast said, and I'll stand by all of it.
Really? That's kind of odd, then, because superBlast was voting Remuthra with intent to kill him, whereas you're not. Why the discrepancy there?
If you were in Ford's shoes, would you stand by everything SB said? Would your decision be affected by whether or not you were scum?
Not every single thing. Some WIFOM early on and voting Remuthra with a vague ultimatum after being pressured were bad, but he wasn't exactly a bucket of scumtells. So, probably not, but I could see standing behind his actions in general.

Whether I was scum or town... hrm. Arguably as scum I'd want to stand behind his Remuthra vote to give me more of an excuse to follow it, but otherwise I don't particularly think my alignment would influence that.

As much as endless discussion is nice, this is a game and interest can only be sustained if stuff actually happens and the real meat of the game is lynches.
How much of your intent to lynch borno is confidence that he's scum, and how much is wanting to get the day over with?

Flying Dice:
That was a fairly early D1 sampling of votes, why did you label it as bandwagoning?
That was what I remembered it as, and I hadn't gone back to confirm it like I should have.

Irony, NQT: Wake up. Please.
I know, I know. I wanted to make a post yesterday but couldn't quite manage it. No particular excuse prior to that, I'm afraid.

Spaghetti:
[This whole dialogue feels like it's giving off miscommunication vibes to me.]
Me too. That question has just become a rather large, pointless discussion of nothing. Do you agree, IronyOwl?
Actually, I found it pretty informative. I'd agree that the starting premise ("How would you avoid attention as town?") was weak, however, which made the answer weird which dragged it out more than it should have. I still think it was worth it for your fascinating "Feast on the weak, they are scum" response.

Captain Ford:
Unvote...but who the hell else was I going to question right now? The darkness?
So... what's your read on Flying Dice at the moment? Are you literally running out of people to question?

borno:
I'll Unvote Ford, because he seems to be town IMO. I apologise for the half-hearted post, I'm not really feeling it right now. I was thinking about calling a replacement, but that would be unfair to the mod, since there are already two people on replacement row.
I can understand not feeling it, but at some point you have to jump back in or not.

Why do you now consider Ford to be town? What do you make of FD's case on him?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 05, 2013, 08:55:29 pm »

Alright, I'm in.

Magic has always been a fun topic...

Anyway, on to the business end of Day One.

All the replacements and WoT I've been poking through has gotten me a bit discombobulated. I have no idea what my previous persona has done to endear or endanger me, so I'll try to ignore that. General assumptions and views got a bit scrambled, namely because the most scummy people I saw were switched out and I can't seem to find the order of who became who.

I'll untangle this later. Time for immersion.

Active ones first, naturally.

Captain Ford What have you? I'm interested in the lay of the land, what do you see and where do you see it? </bad metaphor> What are your reads?

Notquitethere Resist. Urge. To. Make. Pun... Day Three comes sooner than expected, four Townies have gone up in smoke and you're out of leads. Everyone but one is active, there is a fight going on, and you notice one person has been on all of the lynches with weak reasoning. Who is the biggest target in your eyes?

Flying Dice Who are you gunning for right now? Explain your reasons, preferably in a list. I'm asking this for your benefit and mine, clear statements tend to be more orderly and comprehensive to everyone and they strengthen your case while filling me in a bit.

SilverDragon Where fore, art thou? We miss you, the thread just isn't the same without your jolly smile and cunning wit. *sniff* We're lost without you...

Everyone else Same question as SilverDragon. This thread needs some heat! Get in there, and start being the obnoxious nosy brats you were brought here to be!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 05, 2013, 09:41:34 pm »

I have no idea what my previous persona has done to endear or endanger me, so I'll try to ignore that. General assumptions and views got a bit scrambled, namely because the most scummy people I saw were switched out and I can't seem to find the order of who became who.
superBlast => Captain Ford
Nerjin => SilverDragon
Remuthra => FlyingDice
The Soldier => OnyxJew
Lord Allogon => NQT

I think that's it? Usually that's listed in the OP, but it looks like Deathsword opted to just delete the old names.

And don't worry, you're good. The Soldier was doing very well.

Captain Ford What have you? I'm interested in the lay of the land, what do you see and where do you see it? </bad metaphor> What are your reads?
It's good to see you too, Onyx. I still feel like we might have gotten Tiruin had that extension passed. *sigh* But I'm over it now.

Flying Dice:
Slightly scummy. But then he's the only one I've had to talk to for a while. Remuthra, whom he replaced, reminds me of ReDeadEr in terms of his pattern of short, smallish posts, active lurking and some really impressively wrong answers. But he was more active.
NQT:  Heavily scummy. His laptop died, so his lurkitude is understandable. But his first post after a six-day absence is to oppose an extension in the instant before deadline? When we've got a hoard of replacements and busy people? It's not like a lynch will magically make people come back, and the timing made it a really underhanded move. (By the way, congrats on the girlfriend)
borno: Dunno. His outburst was understandable, and I saw some good scumhunting going on there. I really wish he'd post.
spaghetti7: Scummy. Scummy answers, lack of hunting, lack of understanding of hunting. Etc.
SilverDragon: Replaced Nerjin, who was doing well. Otherwise, he hasn't posted yet. He was pretty active the day he joined, so I'm surprised he hasn't at least introduced himself.
Onyxjew: Town based on The Soldier's excellent performance in the early game.
I don't have reads on the ICs because they've had their hands full cleaning up the newb juice.

Notquitethere Resist. Urge. To. Make. Pun... Day Three comes sooner than expected, four Townies have gone up in smoke and you're out of leads. Everyone but one is active, there is a fight going on, and you notice one person has been on all of the lynches with weak reasoning. Who is the biggest target in your eyes?
Wow, way to give him the easy one. :o

SilverDragon Where fore, art thou? We miss you, the thread just isn't the same without your jolly smile and cunning wit. *sniff* We're lost without you...

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:33 am »

Ugh, I think I might have to Request Replacement, as much as I hate myself for doing this. It just seems as though my mafia fire has been deprived of the oxygen it so desperately needs. Hopefully by the next BM, someone will have carried my sputtering camp's source of warmth from the vacuum it is currently in to a warmer, more oxygenated environment, and maybe even rebuild it into a bigger, better fire to make a bonfire who's warmth shalt make the gods themselves weep. 'Till then though, goodbye.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 06, 2013, 01:48:34 am »

Wow almost every non-IC has requested a replacement.

Congrats to Spaghetti7 for sticking with it for so long.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 06, 2013, 06:23:43 am »

Bah. Well, better luck next time.

Onyxjew, are you familiar with Remuthra? The LurkerTracker may help if not. What do you make of him, and what do you make of the fact that Flying Dice is his replacement?

Ford, you missed my question.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 06, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

Onyxjew, are you familiar with Remuthra? The LurkerTracker may help if not. What do you make of him, and what do you make of the fact that Flying Dice is his replacement?
What I saw of Remuthra in the beginning was definingly subpar, but that could have easily been incredible amounts of pure from-concentrate newb. I don't know Flying Dice outside of this, and I haven't seen quite enough of that yet to make a definite decision, but I would say he is definitely on the list of people worth questioning.

Summary: Scummy, but not yet a lynch-vote.

What's your take on Ford? He defended Superblast's newb juice well enough, but do you have any lingering doubts or just general suspicion?

It's good to see you too, Onyx. I still feel like we might have gotten Tiruin had that extension passed. *sigh* But I'm over it now.
He did make a good run of it. The doctor claim was a smart move, and it was probably the best part of his defense. I wonder how long I'll last in this one, hopefully with less 'nooby, but why would scum do that'-armor. Fun game, and glad to see you back.

Waxing poetic in a vain attempt to get a rise out of Silver through unconvential bombardment of nonsense? Dramatic Failure.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder Yet another replacement needed
« Reply #279 on: March 06, 2013, 12:47:01 pm »

Shakerag: I totally needed to hear that. What is your opinion about using spoilers so you can address secondary points while keeping your main points clean? Does it help? Make things worse?
[Well, do you feel that your "main points" make a compelling argument on their own?  If so, why bother with secondary points?  Sure, player A may have done 8 scummy things, but if three of them were -really- scummy and the other five were kind-of-sort-of scummy, just focus on those three strong things.  It makes your case cleaner, easier for other players to follow, and prevents walls of text going back and forth over minor points.

So, no.  I don't really support spoilers.  If you're going to post so much text that you need to spoiler it, I propose you may be doing something wrong.]

Unvote and Extension. We're having a lot of them, but I feel we really need 'em. Also, sorry, haven't got enough time to get to the questions yet.
Seems like a pattern right now.
[D1 in BMs is always ... lengthy.  There's a lot to go over initially, and the ICs need a bit of time to corral you all toward effective scumhunting.]

Captain Ford:  Okay, let's get some clarification here.  Are you or are you not pulling stuff from your text-wall-of-China to use in game? 

Flying Dice:  What are you voting Captain Ford for again?  Because all I'm seeing is something something you're very suspicious. 

3. "Lurking."

I at no point claimed you were lurking. I said that certain elements of your posts were similar to active-lurking behavior, in terms of having a large amount of text for relatively little content.
I rebut as such:

So you're saying that, if you take out the post with my personal notes in it, it looks like I'm lurking?
In the context of those notes? Yes. Hells yes.
[Technically he confirmed that you -looked- like you were lurking, not that you actually -were- lurking.  I'd say it's just splitting hairs to go further, and I'm not really sure what it would contribute.]

["Darkness called… But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69-Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness!," but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls."

Sorry, I had to.  But in other news ... you could make questions toward any other player, ICs included?]

Shakerag:
IronyOwl:  You're having quite the heart-to-heart with Spaghetti7 over there.  Come to anything conclusive yet?
At the time of you asking me this, no. Well, sort of yes; I assumed he was going to say he misread it as "If you were scum" or similar and that'd be that.

As it stands, the answer he did give is much more interesting. I wasn't expecting it, but it seems sound, at least for a beginner; essentially, he'd prey on the weak because weak people are scum. He's either getting good Scum IC advice or has a somewhat simplistic but reasonably productive and straightforward opinion of hunting.

So, writing him off as town for now.
And so ... you feel the possibility of him getting good Scum IC advice is write-off-able?  I never knew you thought so poorly of Urist Imiknorris.  Also, isn't it worth challenging that there could be strong scum players? 

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder TWO REPLACEMENTS NEEDED
« Reply #280 on: March 06, 2013, 12:48:57 pm »

Alright, I had less to get at than I thought.
Spaghetti @ 245: I disagree. It's perfectly possibly to accumulate evidence on someone without posting it. Granted, someone else might pick up on the same cues, but if they don't then you're essentially holding that case in reserve until you need it to save yourself. That's the complete antithesis of town behavior.
I've bolded a bit, as I would see this as a given. Generally people pick up on someone looking scummy and take any opportunity to grill them about it. That's the name of the game (not literally) and the sign of a good townie. So my answer was only if, in this hypothetical situation, no-one had picked up on these cues.

Spaghetti:
[This whole dialogue feels like it's giving off miscommunication vibes to me.]
Me too. That question has just become a rather large, pointless discussion of nothing. Do you agree, IronyOwl?
Actually, I found it pretty informative. I'd agree that the starting premise ("How would you avoid attention as town?") was weak, however, which made the answer weird which dragged it out more than it should have. I still think it was worth it for your fascinating "Feast on the weak, they are scum" response.
Oh, I don't dispute how it could be useful to you. Anything said is useful in this game, I was just saying any future discussion was probably pointless as we were just going round in circles.

Wow almost every non-IC has requested a replacement.

Congrats to Spaghetti7 for sticking with it for so long.
Thanks. :P It's hard, but I'll try to at least stick it through to the first lynch. :D
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #281 on: March 06, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »

PFP

So... what's your read on Flying Dice at the moment?
Current read? Hmm...

Scummy on gut feeling. But not lynchworthy.

Are you literally running out of people to question?
No. But at the time, the game consisted of two players who were up for replacement, two players who hadn't answered questions yet, one player absent because his computer was in his fridge, two ICs who seem to be strapped for time, and FlyingDice who is devoting endless words to me ... well ...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder Yet another replacement needed
« Reply #282 on: March 06, 2013, 06:24:48 pm »

SilverDragon is up for replacement (informed to me via PM). To avoid confusion, replaced player names will be included in the OP.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

What on earth is happening.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What on earth is happening.
No one knows, we're all just pretending until things start exploding and the Bay12 implants start to kick in.
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38