Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85001 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Extension passed. New deadline is at 11th of March, 22:00 BRT.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

I guess I didn't. Good thing I got here in time.

I am more than a little annoyed that one of the votes on me is left over from when Nerjin voted superBlast on Feb 22, which he never followed up on once I replaced in. I've addressed his reasons for voting superBlast, but there's nothing I can do about that vote until a player fills the slot. (unless the mod is willing to remove it, since it's been 10 days since Nerjin dropped out)

I need to go, but I'll hopefully be back later tonight.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I guess I didn't. Good thing I got here in time.

I am more than a little annoyed that one of the votes on me is left over from when Nerjin voted superBlast on Feb 22, which he never followed up on once I replaced in. I've addressed his reasons for voting superBlast, but there's nothing I can do about that vote until a player fills the slot. (unless the mod is willing to remove it, since it's been 10 days since Nerjin dropped out)

I need to go, but I'll hopefully be back later tonight.

I'm tempted to remove it. If by tomorrow no replacement shows up (probably what will happen), I'll remove it. Scratch that. Consider it removed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder Yet another replacement needed
« Reply #303 on: March 07, 2013, 09:20:27 pm »

Captain Ford:  Okay, let's get some clarification here.  Are you or are you not pulling stuff from your text-wall-of-China to use in game? 
I am not. I am pulling stuff from the game, to use in the game.

[Sorry, I had to.  But in other news ... you could make questions toward any other player, ICs included?]
But that would require effort!

But hey, why not.

Shakerag: Have you ever seen an IC get lynched by a mob of newbies on day 1? (That kind of sounds like a preschool teacher losing control of her classroom)

Irony Owl: How did it feel being a prince during Prince's Guard? How did it feel to have big burly men fighting over you? And how did it feel to be murdered at the end of it? I'm doing a study, so it's important that you answer honestly. *stares intently*

...I may be a little bit tired...
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Shakerag I see good ICing, but is there anyone you are actually hunting? Are you suspicious of anyone?
I tend to be a bit more defensive player, so unless I have a good hook on someone, I'm often more observent and sprinkle questions around as I see opportunities, looking for something to jump on.

I'm suspicious of everyone to some degree.  Largely the (constant) problem for ICs is just sifting through the newbie bumbling to look for actualy scumtells.  notquitethere and Flying Dice are the ones I have my eye on the closest right now.  NQT for some questionable things I just mentioned, and Flying Dice largely by nature of being Remuthra's replacement.

Shakerag, I think I've already explained your concerns. I couldn't post much earlier due to technical difficulties and my playstyle is more patient when I am playing as scum. I dislike day one as well: we've got nothing solid to work with at this stage. If you lynch me and then I flip town, what information will team town have gained?
More information than team town would have gained from a no-lynch.  [I will refer you back to the opening post and the section on "On D1 No-lynches".]
And commenting on your own "scum meta" is WIFOM-ish, so I'm not putting any stock there.

-snip-
I'll assume that was intended as the answer to my question. If not, then it answered it anyway and I'm not going to badger over it. If it was, then try to mention the person asking the question by name. Might clear up this latent confusion.
Yes, yes, my apologies.  I was pressed for time IRL and couldn't be as thorough as I would have liked.  I assumed my actions would be an indirect response to your question under the circumstances. 

Deathsword:  Spaghetti7, IronyOwl, and Flying Dice should be prodded.

Shakerag: Have you ever seen an IC get lynched by a mob of newbies on day 1? (That kind of sounds like a preschool teacher losing control of her classroom)
You ... couldn't think of anything relevant to this game to ask?  I think enough has been said by now that any player shouldn't have to go back to RVS-style questions.

Having said that, no, not to my awareness.  Typically what happens in BMs D1 is that one of the new players says something incredibly silly, and gets dogpiled for it.  Typically. 

[More later; work beckons.]

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

I'm sorry, I really don't have time to post tonight. School is going crazy. I should be clear for the weekend, though.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

Deathsword: Thanks for removing the vote. I thought I'd included that in my last post, but apparently I forgot.

Shakerag:
You ... couldn't think of anything relevant to this game to ask?  I think enough has been said by now that any player shouldn't have to go back to RVS-style questions.
No, actually, I couldn't. I got home pretty exhausted last night and I asked those questions because they were on my mind.

...and I'm still drawing a blank. The flurry of replacements has pretty much wiped out every landmark I had in this game.

Although ... in going over things, this post by NQT jumped out at me. It's actually a very good analysis, and his reasons for suspecting borno are pretty strong. What do you make of it?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Although ... in going over things, this post by NQT jumped out at me. It's actually a very good analysis, and his reasons for suspecting borno are pretty strong. What do you make of it?
Not much, considering NQT basically undermined his case here

But to be honest, now that I've had another look at it, what seemed like a jumpy OMGUS last night, seems a little more reasonable now.
The best I can say Borno is that once I started suspecting you when I was reading through the posts, a confirmation bias might have arose meaning that all further information was given undue extra weight in light of that suspicion.

Given what I've seen of borno's playstyle before, and given his RL circumstances, I don't see much there to paint him as scum at this time. 

[Back to being busy.]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

Shakerag: Ah yes, you said that before. Hmm...he did indeed undermine his case when he yielded to Borno and characterized it all as biased.

NQT: What was your intent in yielding to Borno? Why didn't you push back?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Ford, town's job is to find scum, not to form opinions and then stick to them unwaveringly despite contrary evidence. Rest assured, I will have some pointed questions for Borno's replacement.

-pfp-

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NQT: Okay...you've recently said that you were comfortable with your vote remaining on borno (before he dropped out). Could you elaborate on which of those reasons from before you still consider to be valid, and which ones you don't?

In fact, maybe you should restate your case on him completely.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

((Look at me being Mr. Hypocritical. I won't bore you with the sordid details of my illness or life in general.))

--

Flying Dice Who are you gunning for right now? Explain your reasons, preferably in a list. I'm asking this for your benefit and mine, clear statements tend to be more orderly and comprehensive to everyone and they strengthen your case while filling me in a bit.
Flying Dice:  What are you voting Captain Ford for again?  Because all I'm seeing is something something you're very suspicious. 
Flying Dice, your suspicions about Ford seem to be highly based on his post concerning SuperBlast's newb juices and how he secreted them. Yeah... that metaphor is starting to get really creepy with the wrong mindset. Moving on, do you have anything that set you off beyond that? His reactions to your inquiries about that particular subject not included, if you would.

At the moment, I'm still on Captain. The faffing about the notes was largely tangental effort to get him into a dialogue. The reason I currently suspect him is this: I pressured him (and over something without much weight to it, to boot). He turned about and started pushing me back. When I pressured him more, he voted me in what I think was a fairly clear OMGUS. To me that looks like the behavior of defensive, nervous scum trying to force someone to back off. That's my general style; I poke people with pointy sticks until I find someone who cares more about stopping me than scumhunting.

In short, I pushed him with what was essentially an excuse, and he became incredibly defensive, to the point of voting me in what I see as an effort to get me to back off.

Flying Dice, you've got a different style to Remuthra. Remmy voted for Borno, Spaghetti and myself. From my reading of it, the vote on me was a pressure vote, the vote on Borno and the second vote on Spaghetti were made in earnest (though the first spaghetti vote was random). Which of these votes if any do you stand by?
I don't particularly like any of them, but I do at least think that Spaghetti was responding like scum. Borno is damned near impossible to read in my opinion because he always looks scummy, and I'm not sure if he's scummy town or scummy scum this game. I think he's dropping out, too, so I'm going to wait to see who replaces him. I haven't picked up any scum readings from you yet, but that may be just because we haven't interacted.

I think that's everyone.

--

NQT: What do you think of the interactions between borno and Captain? Why do you believe that a D1 no-lynch is a good thing for town?

Onyx: You mentioned in 286 that you thought that my suspicions of Captain were based on superBlast's... juices. Could you elaborate?

Shake: In 304 you said that you are suspicious of everyone. Granted, that is something of a given, but I would like to know you are least suspicious of.

IO: Are you voting borno because he looks like scum, or to pressure him into not giving up?

--

Again, apologies, but I've spent the past few days alternating between textual and biological upheaval.  :-X

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile

Good god, we've had a lot of replacements. I've really lost the thread (if you'll pardon the pun) of this game...
Urr.
Flying Dice, do you stand by your predecessor's actions? Why, or why not?
borno, according to the lurker tracker you have quite an erratic vote log. Which, if any, do you stand by? (if he needs replacing feel free to ignore)
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

Onyx: You mentioned in 286 that you thought that my suspicions of Captain were based on superBlast's... juices. Could you elaborate?
I was referencing how Captain always calls noob-tells noob juices. Which, in turn, meant I was talking about the conversation you two had about the "Help4SuperBlast" campaign. I was reading through a few of your posts and Captain's posts and that was what appeared to be the main catalyst in your arguments.

I really need to find some time to comb for argument hooks in here... Ah, well. Time for that when I don't have deadlines hanging over me like a bloated chimpanzee on laxatives.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PFP

Flying Dice:
In short, I pushed him with what was essentially an excuse, and he became incredibly defensive, to the point of voting me in what I see as an effort to get me to back off.
I could say the same of you. I pushed back because it's what I do when people come at me with bullshit reasons. Then you pushed back, and I pushed back again, and so on...

The fact of the matter is, we were both doing the same thing, but I can tell it was scumhunting. So why can't you? Isn't that what you were doing?

Why are you trying to pretend that what you did is somehow different?

I was referencing how Captain always calls noob-tells noob juices. Which, in turn, meant I was talking about the conversation you two had about the "Help4SuperBlast" campaign. I was reading through a few of your posts and Captain's posts and that was what appeared to be the main catalyst in your arguments.
"noob juices" is now a word. It is official.

Although, from now on, I may start calling them "secretions". It's more accurate.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38