Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2119333 times)

M3hillus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11580 on: November 06, 2013, 03:24:31 pm »

Just to make sure, Straight-jackets are for Griffers only, not tators, right?
'He can't even drive a car!'
'Perfect!'

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: November 06, 2013, 03:46:51 pm »

The jacket in perma or the one in medbay?

Medbay is for hose who go nuts (probally drugs) same with perma's.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: November 06, 2013, 03:52:38 pm »

I say straightjacket for grif or for people already in deep enough shit to go perma who fight EVERYTHING, though not permanently for nongrifs.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: November 06, 2013, 04:33:33 pm »

There is literally no way to get out of a straight jacket unless someone takes it off, i'd never use it on anyone except a griefer solely so the traitor/cultist/whatever has a chance of actually escaping.

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: November 06, 2013, 04:35:31 pm »

We seem to have greefer.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: November 06, 2013, 05:44:46 pm »

There is literally no way to get out of a straight jacket unless someone takes it off, i'd never use it on anyone except a griefer solely so the traitor/cultist/whatever has a chance of actually escaping.
This. I'd equate jacketing someone who isn't griffin (other than as a short-term solution to not having any cuffs and promptly taking it off as soon as you do) with griefing, because you're completely removing someone's ability to participate in the game. It's basically equivalent to killing them; the only difference is that they need someone to take it off, rather than someone to clone them, and the latter is actually more likely, especially if you're jacketed in perma.

What I'd really like would be the ability to resist out of a straightjacket, but require something like 5 minutes without interruption. After you succeed, you're still wearing it, but can act freely as if it were a normal garment, while to everyone else it looks like you're still safely jacketed. That would add a much more interesting level of depth to it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: November 06, 2013, 05:55:26 pm »

This. I'd equate jacketing someone who isn't griffin (other than as a short-term solution to not having any cuffs and promptly taking it off as soon as you do) with griefing, because you're completely removing someone's ability to participate in the game. It's basically equivalent to killing them; the only difference is that they need someone to take it off, rather than someone to clone them, and the latter is actually more likely, especially if you're jacketed in perma.

What I'd really like would be the ability to resist out of a straightjacket, but require something like 5 minutes without interruption. After you succeed, you're still wearing it, but can act freely as if it were a normal garment, while to everyone else it looks like you're still safely jacketed. That would add a much more interesting level of depth to it.

IRL, you can get out of a straightjacket, provided you know what you are doing and are sane enough to control your movements.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: November 06, 2013, 06:08:21 pm »

IRL, you can get out of a straightjacket, provided you know what you are doing and are sane enough to control your movements.

Exactly my thoughts when I typed that. There are reasons for having it the way it is in-game, but if we have griefers and no admins are on it would honestly just be easier to space them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: November 06, 2013, 06:16:18 pm »

Honestly if it is a griefer people would just execute them out of spite, I've never seen someone actually use the strait jacket for it's purpose.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: November 06, 2013, 06:38:45 pm »

If the server's compiled in 500, you can't connect to it with older versions. We're probably 500 compatible if we're even remotely up-to-date with /tg/.

My 498 would beg to differ.

Can't you install 500 and then overwrite with the 498 byond.exe?

I have 499.1201 and have had it since it was the newest version. Never messed with it so I assume if the server is compiled in 500 that is not the case.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: November 06, 2013, 06:43:45 pm »

If the server's compiled in 500, you can't connect to it with older versions. We're probably 500 compatible if we're even remotely up-to-date with /tg/.

My 498 would beg to differ.

Can't you install 500 and then overwrite with the 498 byond.exe?

I have 499.1201 and have had it since it was the newest version. Never messed with it so I assume if the server is compiled in 500 that is not the case.

The server currently runs on 498.1163
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: November 06, 2013, 06:54:09 pm »

So someone mentioned on the server that improvised shields could be cool. I decided to sprite what it'd look like in-game.

Scrapper Shield

Metal + Welder (Welds it into a shield shape) + Wrench (Adjusts it for grip).

The revolutionary's answer to the riot shield. Makeshift metallic shield made from scrap that blocks things. It really hurts to get smacked by this, and it blocks all melee attacks. However, you can be pushed with it unlike the riot shield and it can break apart after ten or so hits.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:56:22 pm by Fniff »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: November 06, 2013, 07:09:02 pm »

Hmm. I do like that, considering that my favorite thing to do after raiding the hilariously low-security Armory is to don riot/gladiator gear and go ion-lasering/ threatening to GLADIATE with the riot shield.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: November 06, 2013, 07:15:50 pm »

Why the hell do the syndicates even want a shotgun? Considering they have much better ballistic weapons it just doesn't make sense. And RP wise people usually don't care too much if you stole it in an emergency.
Framing someone? Sneaking it into a facility where those higher tech weapons would be detected? Modifying it and replacing another existing shotgun with it?

Or maybe a Syndicate head just really wants an old-fashioned shotgun, and they aren't easy to come by anymore.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:18:33 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:56 pm »

"Can't we just like, make a shotgun in the NT style?"
"Look, I really want an NT shotgun. Is that too much to ask?"
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 1654