Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 501739 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Fighting the forces of Chaos, I imagine. That looks like it belongs in the Imperial Guard.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Skywhale hunting tank, obviously.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Ah, yes, the deadly Siberian Skywhale. Responsible for dozens of deaths every year, and it's sexually attracted to military parades, to boot.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if it was real or not but I remember reading/watching something about the USSR experimenting with using some sort of nuclear powered system for seeding fields or something.

Also that looks like a death ray or something.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'm not sure if it was real or not but I remember reading/watching something about the USSR experimenting with using some sort of nuclear powered system for seeding fields or something.
Well, there's this.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend

Is that a giant vacuum? Because it appears designed to suck.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Here's another Soviet project:

Guess the purpose of this thing.
Can't see it, so I'm guessing its purpose is to be invisible.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Soviet T-54 tank armed with a jet engine for detecting and clearing out minefields with blasts of heat.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Here's another Soviet project:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Guess the purpose of this thing.
According to my findings, it uses a mounted jet engine to detonate land mines with heat.

edit: ninja!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile

Soviet T-54 tank armed with a jet engine for detecting and clearing out minefields with blasts of heat.
Exactly!
The official designation of this thing is "Gasdynamic minesweeper Progrev-T" (Газодинамический тральщик "Прогрев-Т") Прогрев/Progrev means "Warm up" in English.
It was used by Soviet forces in Afghanistan, striking awe in hearts of everyone with its look.
I've heard that a group of engineers in Canada tried to build a similar minesweeping vehicle in 1946. They've attached two jet engines to a RAM II tank. It was found out during testing that the jet stream failed to trigger the mines. Instead, it sent them flying around the test site like frisbees. The vehicle was put into use at a local airfield as a snowblower.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:16:29 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile

could you use that thing to make a cannon? Imagine putting in a massive load of buck shot in that thing.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

One of my unspoken serious guesses was, in fact, a flechette tank.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I've heard that a group of engineers in Canada tried to build a similar minesweeping vehicle in 1946. They've attached two jet engines to a RAM II tank. It was found out during testing that the jet stream failed to trigger the mines. Instead, it sent them flying around the test site like frisbees.
This needs to become a sport. It'd be, like, I'unno. Air hockey mixed with extreme Frisbee, shrapnel mine edition.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I've heard that a group of engineers in Canada tried to build a similar minesweeping vehicle in 1946. They've attached two jet engines to a RAM II tank. It was found out during testing that the jet stream failed to trigger the mines. Instead, it sent them flying around the test site like frisbees.
This needs to become a sport. It'd be, like, I'unno. Air hockey mixed with extreme Frisbee, shrapnel mine edition.
And that's how Canada conquered the world. Not with any weapon of mass destruction - but an endless rain of hockey pucks, descending from the sky.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of tanks and sport. Have you heard about tank biathlon?
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 341