Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199886 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 5 dawns at last
« Reply #810 on: May 13, 2013, 03:07:07 pm »

Dariush: That's exactly what I thought when it happened. There were so many votes for Solifuge's white and so little activity that it was going to be difficult to get people to move them.

Also, this ability is named 'Cleansing Rain', which makes Tiruin's 'guess' of saying it has something to do with cleansing all the more suspicious. Too precise to be a random guess, IMO.
I don't think it was a guess. I think she was just trying to find a better word to describe it. "vote reset" is a bit of a mouthful, but when she said "cleansing" I immediately knew what she was talking about.

We are in a temple, after all, and spiritual cleansing is a very common religious theme. I really doubt there's any significance to Tiruin picking up on the only word that could really be used to describe it.

Also, the "fire" stuff is equally silly, now that I realize she was quoting lord of the rings. I think she was just reacting to the flareup of the candle with something it reminded her of.

My experiment did reveal something. You can choose to violate balance, but it apparently nullifies your votes. Interesting. This definitely sounds like something related to the twin gods. (I'm thinking that what the twin gods may be trying to wrest control of the test away from our gods, and are now enforcing some of their own rules)

Light Captain Ford Teal
Snuff Ottofar White

Also...
I inspect Ottofar, does he look like he's under the influence of anything that might be inhibiting his ability to speak?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 13, 2013, 03:15:30 pm »

Ford, I note that that wasn't a specific point against my argument, so given that you have devolved to name calling I can only assume that you have no good reason for Webadict's obstructionism given the fact that we know who has powers and if we know what everyone's powers supposedly are we can better call out the scum. Or do you disagree?
I do disagree. We already have enough information to start making calls on that for the past four days. Claiming our new powers isn't going to get us very far since nobody's used them yet, and we still don't fully know what's changed. Claiming them now is only going to give our enemy greater control over the situation, before we can make use of them and turn the situation to our advantage.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 13, 2013, 03:33:30 pm »

Hmm... I see your point about the new powers. Has everyone claimed for all night one green actions yet?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 13, 2013, 04:48:23 pm »

Nerjin has not, mostly because his ability has not changed.

Extend for Solifuge. He needs time to post and I need time to respond once he does. If he can finger someone as causing the shift, that could make figuring out who's lying (if anyone is) much simpler.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 13, 2013, 05:32:34 pm »

WARNING: Just got a bit of divine wisdom: "You are in grave danger of losing."

1) Has anyone gotten a bit of teal info during the day before?
2) So killing Ottofar won't stave off the end of the.
Ottofar's flame seems to suck itself back into the candle, leaving only a thick trail of smoke with a scent that reminds you of lantern oil. Ottofar himself slumps to the ground, unconscious.

He might be auto-resurrecting, or not killed by snuffing his White Candle. Ideas, guys? I'm thinking we have to find another way to "Break his Power." I'm thinking Snuff Ottofar Green.

Thoughts? Back with more later.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 13, 2013, 05:36:20 pm »

Connection crap made that post prematurely. Sorry.

^ "2) So killing Ottofar won't stave off the end of the game."

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 13, 2013, 06:39:44 pm »

Solifuge, I've asked you twice about this:
On the plus side, last night was fruitful. I received information regarding today's Storm, but before I say anything more, I'd like the responsible party (who knows who he is) to explain for those assembled what we're looking at. If you don't, I will gladly expose your evasion, and you can reap the benefits of an irrevocable snuff vote. 'Kay? :3
Have you given this person enough time to respond yet?

And you did just point out something really obvious - the only person who's had candles lit during the night is Ottofar. Of course, that might just be a coincidence.

You're sure that came from your god? Because it could be subterfuge.

Any idea why it was sent to you and not anyone else? (Although you might just be the first to claim it)

The most obvious thought is that Okami is about to backstab us, or maybe ... it might even be possible that the scum have some way to subvert what Okami's trying to do. Or it could simply be that breaking the balance will cause us to lose. Maybe the consequence of godly powers running amock?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 13, 2013, 06:55:44 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Captain Ford Teal: Captain Ford
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush, Nerjin
Light notquitethere Teal: notquitethere
Light Onyxjew944 Teal: Onyxjew944
Snuff Onyxjew944 White: webadict
Snuff Ottofar Green: Solifuge
Snuff Ottofar White: Captain Ford, Dariush, Nerjin, Okami No Rei, Remuthra, Tiruin, Toaster
Snuff webadict Green: notquitethere
Light webadict Teal: webadict
Light Remuthra Teal: Remuthra
Light Toaster Green: Tiruin
Light Toaster Teal: Toaster
Light Vector W: Okami No Rei

The Flame of Ottofar's White Candle turns into a pale Ivory color, and a halo of White light surrounds it.

I inspect Ottofar, does he look like he's under the influence of anything that might be inhibiting his ability to speak?

Not that you can tell, no.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 13, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »

Webadict: Your god is Telmorin, yes? You never said anything, I know, but Ranger softclaimed twice in a pretty obvious fashion:
@_@ ... (Prays to Telmorin for the safety of Ford during all this)
If so, are we allowed this knowledge during this test from Telmorin and his holy children?

In all his other posts, Ranger never mentioned the name of any other god. It seems a very obvious conclusion.
I refuse to answer this question. Think what you want, but I refuse to give that information.

Oh and in case we all have to snuff or else it doesn't count or something, snuff Webadict's green still. This motion won't get enough votes to actually sway anything, but I want the record to state that I think Webadict is being rude and unhelpful.
So... you're voting to snuff my Green on the basis that you won't get enough votes and because I'm being rude and unhelpful?

Really?

Rude, I can understand. I could care less if I was rude. If I weren't rude, y'all would still be hopelessly lost on stupid portions of the game. So, let's assume that being rude is just you still being really bad at this game and leave it at that. K, pumpkin?

Now, as for unhelpful, I'm afraid I can't help you there. YOU are being unhelpful. You've ignored my question, which, according to you, is SUUUUUPER bad. Need I repeat it?

Why did you say finally? That's really poor word choice, because it just doesn't make sense in your context.

Plus, I haven't been unhelpful. I refuse to go along with that particular plan. Do you not see? I assumed actions were candle related, which meant a much different game than I was ready for. But that's not the case, so I'm not giving away any information. I don't know what anyone can do.

So, you can shut up and learn a thing or two. Or be a retard. The choice is yours.

The way I see it, and correct me if I'm wildly mistaken, Green Candles = Night Abilities. If we know what everyone's green candle does we'd know who was taking scummy night actions. Given these premises, I'm calling out Webadict for obstructing the discovery of information that will help track down scum. Is that clear?
Except you never explained how it would find scum. You said it would solve the puzzle. Neither of these are true, I assume, as you're not very smart, and this was from Solifuge. So, where you managed to get this information is startling.

Somehow, you've taken to Solifuge really well, or you're against anyone that doesn't listen to you. I feel like every word I write to you is wasted, since you're neither good enough at the game to use it productively nor resourceful enough to learn from it.

Overall, you're a waste of my time. So, the real question is why do I have to waste my time on you when you refuse to waste your time on me?

Also, I refuse to light my Teal candle now.

Instead, I wish to Light Vector White.

I don't know why I wanted my Teal to begin with. It doesn't feel right. Something feels off about it.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 14, 2013, 01:09:12 am »

The Flame of Ottofar's White Candle turns into a pale Ivory color, and a halo of White light surrounds it.
Don'tturnouttobeashielddon'tturnouttobeashielddon'tturnouttobeashield...

Aaand we have a tie on our hands. Nerjin, be so kind and unvote my teal. If ONR is right, it's going to be lit anyway, otherwise we're getting a tie and zero benefit.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 14, 2013, 01:17:29 am »

And you're sure it wasn't sent by scum becaaaaause?...

What I think we should is snuff Otto's white one last time. If he resurrects again, despite the irreversibility thing, then we can think about alternate ways to go about it. More likely, though, he'll simply die forever and stop being a headache.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 14, 2013, 01:44:55 am »

Scum most likely didn't send that message Because Ottofar is Scum, we already know this, snuffing his White Candle has so far had no effect, and manages to relight (possibly automatically) every night. Also, if Scum could send a message, why not explicitly say "Snuffing Ottofar's Candle puts you at a grave risk of losing", which would leave no room for interpretation on my part? Also, note that the description on Ottofar's White Candle being "snuffed" is that the flame pulls into the wick, rather than being snuffed, every time. I suspect it keeps its flame, and auto-relights as part of his powers.

Snuffing his white candle has so far done nothing, and things are getting really bad. I think we need to try killing his power in a different way, by snuffing the Green Candle. Can we do this?

What I think we should is snuff Otto's white one last time. If he resurrects again, despite the irreversibility thing, then we can think about alternate ways to go about it. More likely, though, he'll simply die forever and stop being a headache.

What makes you think it will be any different than it has been before? What makes you think the priest bleeding from the eyes, and "The Gods Being Very Close" and "You are in grave danger of losing" do not mean that, MAYBE we want to consider not doing the same damned thing we've been trying, which has never worked so far. Doing the same thing, and expecting a different result, is how Einstein defined insanity.

Can anyone present a reason we SHOULDN'T snuff Ottofar's Green instead of his White? It'll delay the scumteam just the same as snuffing his white, but it will also prevent him from using his powers, and hopefully from driving us any closer to our doom here... and since I suspect his power is what is preventing him from being killed (and not Scum voting to relight his candle) breaking his power is the way out of this cycle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 14, 2013, 05:26:02 am »

Based on the white candle thing, I'm inclined to go with Solifuge and Dariush.

Snuff Ottofar's Green

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 14, 2013, 06:34:45 am »

Onyxjew: I'm the one who asked why you didn't claim before. With the gambit Okami's pulling, you're probably best off not using it today unless there's someone you think shouldn't get their teal candle lit. You could at least hold onto it until day end to cancel any last-minute shenanigans someone might pull.

It's still odd that your ability didn't change, but maybe it's because you're a follower of Telmorin.

I agree that there really haven't been any good opportunities to use your ability yet. Maybe one will show itself.

...wait...something just occurred to me. What about the vote reset? That seems very similar to your claimed ability. That wasn't you, was it?

In other news, we did inspect and denounce Ottofar, right? Judging by popular opinion, yes, but I've been wrong about this kind of thing before.
Yes, here:
Extinguish Ottofar White.
Extinguish Ottofar Teal.

The boy is scum, guys.  It says that white is attached to his soul and that the candle has a menacing feeling to it.
Thank you, Snuff Ottofar White Go Bandwagon, go!
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 14, 2013, 07:01:04 am »

Soli, Soli... You had a perfectly good choice of a whole subforum of people to imitate. Why would you pick NQT, of all people?
Scum most likely didn't send that message Because Ottofar is Scum, we already know this, snuffing his White Candle has so far had no effect, and manages to relight (possibly automatically) every night. Also, if Scum could send a message, why not explicitly say "Snuffing Ottofar's Candle puts you at a grave risk of losing", which would leave no room for interpretation on my part?
Stupid WIFOM and you're stupid for engaging in it.
Snuffing his white candle has so far done nothing, and things are getting really bad. I think we need to try killing his power in a different way, by snuffing the Green Candle. Can we do this?
Stupid ignoring of changed rules.
What makes you think it will be any different than it has been before? What makes you think the priest bleeding from the eyes, and "The Gods Being Very Close" and "You are in grave danger of losing" do not mean that, MAYBE we want to consider not doing the same damned thing we've been trying, which has never worked so far. Doing the same thing, and expecting a different result, is how Einstein defined insanity.
'What is done cannot be undone' or however HP phrased it, because I'm not going to look for the opening flavor because your idiotic face is being even more stupid than usual. I also extremely like how you quoted the probably irrelevant part of the flavor (bleeding eyes) and discarded the actually important piece.

Thank you, Snuff Ottofar White Go Bandwagon, go!
Lol scum.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 108